Votes: 28 16.7%

• Total voters

davo999

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Aldinga Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Had some players I would rather have got but I’m prepared to give them a go , they’re potentially an exciting bunch , looks like we want lead up forwards .
Mead reminds me of Boaky , if he’s near as good I’ll be happy . Great to have another father son player and the son of the Powers first B+F winner . Exciting, potentially get another in Trent Burgoyne tomorrow.
Bergman and Georgiades look interesting along with Williams , certainly an exciting group of players , if they come off we’ll be good to watch .
Would’ve liked some black magic in Pickett or Taylor , would’ve liked Kemp . But overall reasonably happy and gave it a B

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
At this stage B, depends on what pick Georgiades and the 2nd round pick from Freo end up being

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Pointless. In 3 years when we can tell the true value of what we got, I will have forgotten that I would’ve picked Kemp, Williams and Worrell and bought into the 3rd round to get Taheny.

Right now, we bask in the afterglow of the new toys we got. But objectively if you asked me to rate this draft haul 48 hours ago I probably would’ve melted.

Bergman not keen on. But I felt the exact same way towards Duursma last year. Up and down my rankings, overall just a little uneasy about him. Needs to do more. If it clicks then we are in for an exciting player. Or we've just paid a first rounder for Aaron Young.

Georgiades I really like. Genuine high end talent. Over his injury, could be anything. We've been crying out for a genuine tall lead up forward since Cornes and now we finally have one. Very excited.

Williams. Well this is the pick of the crop for me. Genuinely ecstatic at this pick. Never thought he'd be available for us at the start of the year and here he is. Again it's boom/bust, but if he booms then he could be one of the best players out of this draft. Absolutely 100% worth the selection.

Mead is a good solid pick for what we gave up for him.

Overall a B for me.

wilbur_15

All Australian
Nov 22, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bergman not keen on. But I felt the exact same way towards Duursma last year. Up and down my rankings, overall just a little uneasy about him. Needs to do more. If it clicks then we are in for an exciting player. Or we've just paid a first rounder for Aaron Young.

Georgiades I really like. Genuine high end talent. Over his injury, could be anything. We've been crying out for a genuine tall lead up forward since Cornes and now we finally have one. Very excited.

Williams. Well this is the pick of the crop for me. Genuinely ecstatic at this pick. Never thought he'd be available for us at the start of the year and here he is. Again it's boom/bust, but if he booms then he could be one of the best players out of this draft. Absolutely 100% worth the selection.

Mead is a good solid pick for what we gave up for him.

Overall a B for me.
Agree, Bergman excites me the least of the three.

Just like Duursma, wait until Bergman gets into a competition that doesn't have an anti-density rule that requires 6 players to be in each section of the ground at all times before you judge him. His athletic abilities will come to the forefront in the AFL system.

“It does keep the play open,” Greig said.

You’re always a chance to score one-on-one and it’s hard to stop momentum because you can’t just sit men behind the ball.

The majority of teams these days would have most of their players in that half the ground at most back 50 stoppages. I did that at VFL level, because you are trying to defend and stop the opposition scoring so the more numbers you can have around the ball the harder it is for the opposition to score.

“I’ve enjoyed it...it’s something I’ve been happy to be a part of and learn about.

“There’s still a big element of how you do defend...it’s about trying to coach the boys to be better one-on-one players rather than that team defence.

Pablo Escobar

Senior List
Dec 30, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I like the types we drafted, but thought we had to draft a KPD. Hopefully we add one tomorrow and then I will give it a B

Mar 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Bergman not keen on. But I felt the exact same way towards Duursma last year.

Bergman is a little more boom and bust than Duursma from last years draft. Seems like this year Port have drafted a number of high ceiling players and no doubt you're hoping two of them reach their potential. Could be a good crop of players or a year of questions.

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
If Bergman & Williams can translate their X-Factor traits into consistent AFL performances this draft crop has the potential to supersede last years.
Mead looks like one of those players who will deliver a solid standard each & every week, think Brad Ebert.
Georgiades on the other hand, I think the club nailed this one, an absolute bargain at pick 18.

A-

OUT: Howard, Ryder, Broadbent, Sam Gray, Trengove, Frampton, Johnson, (Woodcock, Grundy), 2020 first round pick, 2020 fourth round pick

IN: Buzza, Bergman, Georgiades, Williams, Mead, Burgoyne, Fremantle 2020 second round pick, Collingwood 2020 second round pick, St Kilda 2020 fourth round pick

Gerogiades >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frampton
Bergman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sam Gray
Williams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Johnson
Mead >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Broadbent
Buzza <<< Howard
Burgoyne > Trengove

Port, Fremantle, Collingwood second round picks, Port third round pick, St Kilda fourth round pick >>>>>>>> Port first round pick, Port second round pick, Port third round pick, Port fourth round pick (in terms of matching bids)

It's an A+ from me overall.

Back