Autopsy How do you view and rate players?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Seems I've become pretty famous around here for my way of explaining and backing up my views with SuperCoach stats, recently used Brownlow votes as another way of identifying how reliant a club was on a select few guys throughout this year.

My SuperCoach idea is that it is a common, well balanced view on a players impact on a game, yes it may be flawed occasionally but for a recurring metric it gives a fairly reasonable take on said player.

Takes a net positive &/or negative impact on a players game and gives said player a score across 44 (46) players from a possible 3300 (is this still the correct number)

Now I know this isn;'t everyones cup of tea, I wouldn't expect people to adopt this system or ideaolgy but it is slowly creeping into modern football analysis vernacular and one day will be the norm.

So begs my question, how do you rate a player and there impact on a game, season, career?

disclaimer, this won't end well, this will end up being a bag the s**t outta Yoda thread but that will just show the true colours of some posters. Let's try and stick to the topic at hand here please

Mitch Morton a better player than Scott West? Nathan Buckley?

that settles the argument then

endthread/
True, s**t argument, Daniel Rioli was carried to three flags, hes a good player now, back then he was an ok forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back