Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing has been said about his praise of the Suns in his article. After all they are three and one and lost their one by 1 point. If you want to use that narrative, then being three and one and losing your one by five points must also deserve the same praise - especially when you tip the team to finish last...

To blame the umpires for the Hawthorn loss is deplorable considering the many many examples of crap umpiring this year.

To continue to flog the Hanners story is embarrassing for him. He needs his AFL accreditation taken away.

The turd wont go anywhere, his bumbuddy hutchy has too much power.

Saw this earlier, he is actually deliberately creating his identity around not liking us. "HIS BATTLE AGAINST ST KILDA" . Someone send this one to the afl, their employee markets his own vendetta against one of their teams for personal gain.

Seen a similar one for his show that called "his war against beveridge".

Mate, the club dont give two shits about you. There is no battle, just a weasle that kissed ass to get some spotlight

No longer employed by hutchy.

Employed by mmm and the AFL. Pressure needs to be put on the AFL for employing a bloke who's sole job is to undermine and damage the clubs. It's just crazy it's happening. No other business in the world would operate this way. But here we are. We as a club ensure the AFL exists and they employ a bloke to cause as much damage to us as possible. The poorer we do the more reliant we come on the AFL. So in effect the AFL cost themselves money by employing the *******.

The turd wont go anywhere, his bumbuddy hutchy has too much power.

Saw this earlier, he is actually deliberately creating his identity around not liking us. "HIS BATTLE AGAINST ST KILDA" . Someone send this one to the afl, their employee markets his own vendetta against one of their teams for personal gain.

Seen a similar one for his show that called "his war against beveridge".

Mate, the club dont give two shits about you. There is no battle, just a weasle that kissed ass to get some spotlight

No longer employed by hutchy.

Employed by mmm and the AFL. Pressure needs to be put on the AFL for employing a bloke who's sole job is to undermine and damage the clubs. It's just crazy it's happening. No other business in the world would operate this way. But here we are. We as a club ensure the AFL exists and they employ a bloke to cause as much damage to us as possible. The poorer we do the more reliant we come on the AFL. So in effect the AFL cost themselves money by employing the *******.
Where's the evidence to suggest that Barrett has damaged us?

From the club it's self. The piece from him about richo being excluded from the comprehensive review caused a bunch of members to tell the club to shove their membership. Club called damo to tell him he was 100% wrong and he refused to listen to them. Club then called said members to reassure him he was full of it. That takes time and effort. We are effectively then paying people to correct defamation. One example i was given was of a member who refused to listen, had some pretty harsh words to say to the club. Wouldn't believe them. Left. Bye bye 2019 $$$.

Where's the evidence to suggest that Barrett has damaged us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the club it's self. The piece from him about richo being excluded from the comprehensive review caused a bunch of members to tell the club to shove their membership. Club called damo to tell him he was 100% wrong and he refused to listen to them. Club then called said members to reassure him he was full of it. That takes time and effort. We are effectively then paying people to correct defamation. One member refused to listen to the club. Wouldn't believe them. Left. Bye bye 2019 $$$.
Nah I don't think that's right at all.

I think people here have an overinflated view of Barrett and the pull he has within the AFL landscape.

Has Barrett's opinion on Hannebery caused so much internal/external pressure for the club to play Dan before he is 100% fit? No.
Have Sydney been obliged to respond to his claims about them being surprised he was in our leadership group? No.
Have we felt obliged to continue responding to his opinions? No.

I think that you think he has more power than he actually does. Mate, Barrett is irrelevant. Seriously. It's only stuff like this thread and the constant talk about him that keeps him around.

He has no sway on any club decision or any supporter/member decision, and if what you say is correct, I have to laugh at the one member who decided to not renew because of what a journalist said about us.

We are near on breaking our membership record for the third successive year, which would suggest to me that people are signing on because of our on-field performance and the news coming out of the club itself rather than people dropping off because of 'Damo'.

He is in the media. His job is to cause outrage. People love to be outraged. Evidenced by this thread, really.

You are probably playing right into what he wants. Gives him some life. Keeps him around.

It really is a nothing issue. Whether it is Barrett or McClure or Lloyd or Wilson, the club could not care less.

Of course if something is so egregious the club will respond, but only need to once. And that's what they've done. Sydney hasn't even bothered. Goes to show what relevance he really has.

Just let him die out and don't worry about it. Let our football do the talking and support the team. We don't need to tell everyone he is an idiot, people know that already. He does a good job of it himself.

I think people here have an overinflated view of Barrett and the pull he has within the AFL landscape.

Has Barrett's opinion on Hannebery caused so much internal/external pressure for the club to play Dan before he is 100% fit? No.
Have Sydney been obliged to respond to his claims about them being surprised he was in our leadership group? No.

I think that you think he has more power than he actually does. Mate, Barrett is irrelevant. Seriously. It's only stuff like this thread and the constant talk about him that keeps him around.

He has no sway on any club decision or any supporter/member decision, and if what you say is correct, I have to laugh at the one member who decided to not renew because of what a journalist said about us.

We are near on breaking our membership record for the third successive year, which would suggest to me that people are signing on because of our on-field performance and the news coming out of the club itself rather than people dropping off because of 'Damo'.

He is in the media. His job is to cause outrage. People love to be outraged. Evidenced by this thread, really.

You are probably playing right into what he wants. Gives him some life. Keeps him around.

It really is a nothing issue. Whether it is Barrett or McClure or Lloyd or Wilson, the club could not care less.

Of course if something is so egregious the club will respond, but only need to once. And that's what they've done. Sydney hasn't even bothered. Goes to show what relevance he really has.

Just let him die out and don't worry about it. Let our football do the talking and support the team. We don't need to tell everyone he is an idiot, people know that already. He does a good job of it himself.
Horse did respond and said Hanners had been vice captain for the last two years and he would have been surprised if he was NOT in our leadership group.

Almost laughed at the Barrett suggestions

Horse did respond and said Hanners had been vice captain for the last two years and he would have been surprised if he was NOT in our leadership group.

Almost laughed at the Barrett suggestions
Was he asked the question or did he make an official statement.

How isn't it right at all? You completely dismissed what I wrote.

Are you staying what I said was wrong?

So no one complained to the club about that Damien Barrett statement that richo was not part of the review?

Someone at the club didn't have to spend time calling members to reassure them that what Barrett has said was completely incorrect?

That Barrett refused to acknowledge he was wrong when confronted by the club?

That a member didn't basically tell the club to * off when called to be informed that Barrett was incorrect?

As long as these threads persist, Barrett will be seen to be doing his job.

Just starve him if oxygen instead of making him relevant.
I agree somewhat, but he also helps to set the media landscape. His constant drivel rubbs off on other less independently minded journalists. The result is when I want to tune in and listen to something about the saints, a lot of the time rubbish ideas that Barret keeps pushing find themselves in more mainstream commentary. Which is fine for you because you don't listen much to SEN and all that, but for me I use that stuff to procrastinate, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some flog named barret mess with my procrastination.

How isn't it right at all? You completely dismissed what I wrote.

Are you staying what I said was wrong?

So no one complained to the club about that Damien Barrett statement that richo was not part of the review?

Someone at the club didn't have to spend time calling members to reassure them that what Barrett has said was completely incorrect?

That Barrett refused to acknowledge he was wrong when confronted by the club?

That a member didn't basically tell the club to **** off when called to be informed that Barrett was incorrect?
It shouldn't really matter what Barrett acknowledges or not as he, again, is completely irrelevant.

Fact of the matter is that he hasn't damaged the club at all. If anything we are in a better position than we were last year. 1000 members down on this time last year is 99% attributed to our on-field performance, the only thing that actually matters.

We haven't made any knee-jerk reaction to his opinions, because that's all they are - an opinion.

Like I said - people love to be outraged. Pretty weak to not renew a membership of a club you support because someone had an opinion about your club.

He isn't damaging any clubs. He can talk all he wants - it makes no difference.

To spend the time writing up detailed complaints and sending them through to the various channels - why would you waste your time on someone like that. Each to their own, quite frankly I couldn't give a stuff about what he writes. I've read his articles before, and I read some of what he had to say recently. I read a few sentences, have a laugh, and forget about it. People shouldn't stoop to his level.

And I will say that in a saturated football state, with 10 clubs, a lot of what he says gets forgotten about quickly anyway. There's so much media in Melbourne that you tend to forget about what journalists write unless of course you are actively seeking it. Like you are addicted to feeling this way so you go hunting for Barrett commentary to feed a need. Not you personally, just people in general that are addicted to feeling outraged. Like people who are into conspiracy theories and gossip. Questioning everything, blowing things out of proportion, thinking things are more important than they seem. Subconsciously addicted to it.

• Don't click on Barrett articles or direct traffic to his media
  • Don't consume media associated with Barrett (radio, television, print)
  • Don't bring undue attention to Barrett
Only way to win, folks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back