Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

Remove this Banner Ad

So i see this one jump up on social media:
“Bottom line is Dan Hannebery was contracted to the Swans for three more years beyond the year and one club wanted Dan Hannebery in the end,” Barrett said.

“He referred to ‘sources’ and just on that word, he might want to gain a few more of his own before he fires back at other people’s sources.

“He clearly didn’t have as many sources as I did on this matter because you wouldn’t have gone down the path of doing what you’ve done with the money he’s done with Dan Hannebery if he did.

“But how would he know who I speak to. He’s been there for a minute. He’s been there for one minute. I’d know more people at St Kilda than he would.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/da...pQxSNYtqBxDIz_aK9s4WKVj_TQxViQrHQ3LIIo78rcgZw

how in the hell does this guy still have his AFL Media accreditation, let alone, his employment by the AFL?

he is openly bullshitting and attacking a club General Manager without any repercussion. we can't stand for this as a club and is something the AFL has to act on.

i mean even the "he's been there a minute" comment. Lethlean had been at the club for a full season before the club made the Hanneberry trade. i know he's being flippant, but you know what it's still one more minute than Barrett has been there!

he should have shut up the moment the Swans replied to his comments, let alone Lethlean's response.

but nah he replies and in doing so implies Hanneberry has been off the rails in the off-season just gone...

surely our club will make a public statement and take this further with AFLHQ! you cannot have an AFL employee openly slandering the club! massive conflict of interest, the governing body making money from our existence, is then paying someone to cause reputational damage to the club! it just beggars belief. i mean what other business operates that way?

It's a bit of a nothing issue to me. I mean really, who cares what he says. He spews the same s**t and then people get outraged by it all the time - I think that's actually what he wants.

He was blacklisted from the club years ago along with the Western Bulldogs for his stoush with Luke Beveridge.

I don't pay any attention to him. He is not a credible journalist. Credible journalists don't behave in this way.

No idea why his crap gets posted on this board too if I'm honest. All it does is keep him in a job. He makes outlandish statements because he is irrelevant and wants people to view and comment on his work, positive or negative.

He doesn't care if he tarnishes other people's reputations, evidenced by his Koschitzke and Dempster run ins in the past.

He has no respect for other journalists doing a great job in the industry evidenced by the s**t he writes.

I would completely disregard him and get on with it. C'mon, are we really going to get upset about what someone like DAMIAN BARRETT has to say about us? :tearsofjoy:

It's a bit of a nothing issue to me. I mean really, who cares what he says. He spews the same s**t and then people get outraged by it all the time - I think that's actually what he wants.

He was blacklisted from the club years ago along with the Western Bulldogs for his stoush with Luke Beveridge.

I don't pay any attention to him. He is not a credible journalist. Credible journalists don't behave in this way.

No idea why his crap gets posted on this board too if I'm honest. All it does is keep him in a job. He makes outlandish statements because he is irrelevant and wants people to view and comment on his work, positive or negative.

He doesn't care if he tarnishes other people's reputations, evidenced by his Koschitzke and Dempster run ins in the past.

He has no respect for other journalists doing a great job in the industry evidenced by the s**t he writes.

I would completely disregard him and get on with it. C'mon, are we really going to get upset about what someone like DAMIAN BARRETT has to say about us? :tearsofjoy:
Who?

I will also say that if you knew Lethers, you'd know what a joke he thinks the guy is. Water off a ducks back, I'd be surprised if he replies to it. Got better things to do.

I will also say that if you knew Lethers, you'd know what a joke he thinks the guy is. Water off a ducks back, I'd be surprised if he replies to it. Got better things to do.
Lethers approach last week was PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said George

To be fair, I thought it was a horrible deal when I heard about it. Lether's is very good mates with Hanner's old man, I believe his old man got him his gig at Old Xav's back in the day which probably started his journey towards the AFL.

I have also heard about Hanner's having a "good off-season". Enough for me to think there's no way we'll get $800k a year worth out of him.

The deal was a very very risky one and lots of water to go under the bridge before you can say it's successful but it won't take much to say it's not.

I'd actually believe Barrett's take on this especially seeing as how keen Sydney were to offload him.

He's a grub clinging to his tarnished career by chasing and flinging garbage.

The fact that he replied going "my sources are better than your sources" is just childish drivel. When you have him make up a nonsense story about Dempster being unhappy and then Dempster comes out himself and says it's garbage and then Barrett still fights on about it you can see his mettle as a journo clearly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the football equivalent of Womens day. Full of crap.

Yeah agree George , Purple wants to make it an issue , hates being ignored .

Happy to ignore him , Hutchison , Sheahan , Whateley , Robbo , Dermie & Dwayne ..

well yeah because my membership, viewership and spend at the gate subsidizes the ******* to slander our club because he's employed and given a soap box by the AFL

i would understand if he was in GT territory here, out of the media, running his own podcast. he'd be free to make what ever bullshit comment he wants to.

but the issue here is he's employed by the games governing body but acting outside of the governing bodies and industries own standards

it'd be like us hiring a journalist to run with the blatantly incorrect rumours that were doing the rounds on Gil. all we would need to do is create a podcast and have it shared by some third party we do business with. i mean imagine if that happened, how quickly we'd be slammed!!!

Purple is funny in a sad way, last week it was Sydney falling off their chairs, ridiculed by Lethers, and then by Horse, so he changes hid bullshit innuendo to suggesting Hanners is an injury bust.

*ing piss weak. Sources

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Live feed has emerged of Barrett making these comments:

Gw8g.gif

Last edited:
again we all need to understand the change in enviroment for the media now days .. the minute the words "revealed in his podcast" or "speaking on his podcast" is mentioned you can pretty much discount it as click bait garbage to fill content space ...
its a bit like how the "news" now credits sources such as Facebook for stories ...
Purple is an asshat , he knows it , everyone in the media knows it and everyone in the footy industry knows it... he has to rely on spats to keep his name relavant ... the fact he wears the fact he is black listed from certain clubs as some sort of badge of honour is a prime example of the kind of person he is ... yet we the footy public are to blame for keeping him in gainful employment ...

To be fair, I thought it was a horrible deal when I heard about it. Lether's is very good mates with Hanner's old man, I believe his old man got him his gig at Old Xav's back in the day which probably started his journey towards the AFL.

I have also heard about Hanner's having a "good off-season". Enough for me to think there's no way we'll get $800k a year worth out of him.

The deal was a very very risky one and lots of water to go under the bridge before you can say it's successful but it won't take much to say it's not.

I'd actually believe Barrett's take on this especially seeing as how keen Sydney were to offload him.
Hi Damian...

Seriously, it just sounds like Lethers' comments were right on the money. Damo knows it, everybody knows it... and Damo knows everyone knows it. So he's been reduced to resorting to an argument that is little more than, "Well, I know YOU are, but what am I!?"

Leave him, Lethers you've already won.

Last edited:
Seriously, it just sounds like Lethers' comments were right on the money. Damo knows it, everybody knows it... and Damo knows everyone knows it. So he's been reduced to resorting to an argument that is little more than, "Well, I know YOU are, but what am!?"

Leave him, Lethers you've already won.
Agreed. Nothing to gain. Purple is after clickbait

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back