Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

Remove this Banner Ad

pLBHbnE.jpg

No booing everyone. It upsets purple.
Surely not as much as us winning again?

How about the form out of Saints v Suns in R1?

When one point separated St Kilda from Gold Coast in round one, no one, ourselves included, thought much of it.

Two struggling outfits, the Saints arguably fortunate to win, the Suns arguably unlucky to lose. But to have dismissed those two teams and that match was clearly disrespectful and unfairly dismissive of what both clubs are about in 2019.

Incredibly, the Suns haven't lost since, on Sunday securing a win with 14 seconds remaining against the hapless Carlton.

An hour later, the Saints produced more heart to hold off Hawthorn by five points at Marvel Stadium, and had it not been for falling just five points short against Fremantle last weekend, would have somehow been the only unbeaten team in the competition.

St Kilda's formline is stunning given the unavailability of key players in Jack Steven, Jake Carlisle, Dylan Roberton and captain Jarryn Geary (a late withdrawal yesterday). Jack Billings is becoming the player he was meant to be and Seb Ross is emerging as a genuine leader through example.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-14/barrett-cat-superstar-playing-a-dangerous-game

This probably pained him to write

Can't wait for sliding doors crap this week.

IF The Saints win 3 out of first 4 games

THEN I am a pathetic biased journalist
"A pitch invader desperately tried to prevent a Saints victory however fortunately failed in his attempt.

Be bespectacled intruder was later identified as an escapee from the local lunatic asylum "

351c13n.jpg

Claimed today on the AFL website that the umpire won the game for us.
He won't let his bitterness go.
Yeah, funny thing is the vision didn't match what he was saying. Lonie fell to the ground juggling a marking attempt and (unsuccessfully) trying to claim it, Mirra fell to ground grabbing a loose ball. Argue the latter isn't a free kick all you want, they're not the same.

Yeah, funny thing is the vision didn't match what he was saying. Lonie fell to the ground juggling a marking attempt and (unsuccessfully) trying to claim it, Mirra fell to ground grabbing a loose ball. Argue the latter isn't a free kick all you want, they're not the same.
Terry Wallace explained the differences in the incidents on the radio today after multiple Hawthorn fans called up complaining about the decisions.
Purple and those supporters should be focusing on Hawks not scoring more than a point for a quarter and a half instead of an umpire actually doing something correct for once.

I couldn’t help but notice you guys have a thread on this weakling and his poisonous pen/computer. He loves trying to take the gloss off great wins. The whole AFL media can’t get their heads around our type of teams winning some games, especially after talking you down all summer.

Terry Wallace explained the differences in the incidents on the radio today after multiple Hawthorn fans called up complaining about the decisions.
Purple and those supporters should be focusing on Hawks not scoring more than a point for a quarter and a half instead of an umpire actually doing something correct for once.

That was quite funny I thought. Plough let the first call through to the keeper but after the second he took it upon himself to set the record straight. The umpire even explains it pretty clearly on the TV footage to Sicily or whoever is having a moan after the Lonie non-call, sounds pretty exasperated when he was doing it too.

If Hawks fans want to have a go about something, they should complain about the free to Acres where the ball went out on the full off Acres own boot. That one was strange.

If Hawks fans want to have a go about something, they should complain about the free to Acres where the ball went out on the full off Acres own boot. That one was strange.
Reading through the Hawks autopsy, they're having a go at everyone and everything. They're a real pack of angry elves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was quite funny I thought. Plough let the first call through to the keeper but after the second he took it upon himself to set the record straight. The umpire even explains it pretty clearly on the TV footage to Sicily or whoever is having a moan after the Lonie non-call, sounds pretty exasperated when he was doing it too.

The reality is, the umpiring department are probably trying to wrap their heads around the rules as much as everyone. Unfortunately, this means they will either make errors based on rule understanding or positioning. Coaches, players and umpires all seem to have a different opinion about how the rules are meant to be enforced as well - not to mention the underlying bias everyone has. Players, coaches and fans will typically side with their respective clubs (for the short term, there isn't anything wrong with that) and the umpiring department will defend the umpires decision. But it doesnt feel like anyone is thinking for the long term of the game and what is for the best. I think Brad Scott said earlier this year about players dropping like flies after contact and said its a bad look but then comes out and defends Ben Brown a couple weeks later for wailing his arms in the air after a bit of untoward contact. I wouldnt expect him to put his own player on blast in the media either but the bias is clear.

Saints and Hawks have been on the bad end of umpiring this year (based on free kick differentials) so both sides will probably feel they have been unfairly umpired on and will take the 50:50 calls when we get them - and argue the validity too. Personally, if the free is there, pay it. Regardless of the context of the match. If someone is pushed in the back in the goal square and kicks a goal after the siren to win a grand final, by all means.

I think Mirra was unfairly pinned for holding the ball - but Hawks still lose against Saints regardless. I dont dwell on decisions so I havent actually seen any footage since it replayed in the game so my opinion might change viewing it a second time. Even thouh Hawks some what took control of the match after that goal, that was more to do with saints trying to preserve the lead rather than pile on the scores. Mirra also got lucky with the clear deliberate out of bounds earlier. And we got unlucky with the out of bounds as you mentioned. We could go back and forward and pick a part multiple decisions but I feel the umpiring evened itself out in the match. Thats how I saw the game anyway..

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just don't understand the Coff situation.
WTF is going on with him?
He looked good on the weekend when playing at HB and average to poor as a mid, but with some flashes of gold too. Strugglingto adjust and down a bit on confidence.
I'm wondering if being a late draft bolter gave him a bit of figjam that hasn't translated like he thought it would. Hunter by comparison was always top ten through his juniors and just keeps rolling on..

I couldn’t help but notice you guys have a thread on this weakling and his poisonous pen/computer. He loves trying to take the gloss off great wins. The whole AFL media can’t get their heads around our type of teams winning some games, especially after talking you down all summer.
Mick McGuane was on SEN today and effectively said:
- Suns are no good, so can’t count that
- Got the Bombers at a good time
- Freo are no good
- Hawks had injuries.

Wow. I don’t really mind if there is no credit looking into the future, who knows where we go from here. But to downplay every single game that has already occurred?! Particularly with our injury situation. Sheesh.

The hate the 'small' teams and still cant believe the Dogs had the termerity to win a flag in 2016

- Freo are no good
- Hawks had injuries.

Wow. I don’t really mind if there is no credit looking into the future, who knows where we go from here. But to downplay every single game that has already occurred?! Particularly with our injury situation. Sheesh.
Mick McWhocares

The facts are right there in front of you Mick.
You only have to OPEN YOUR EYES mate!

Mick McWhocares

The facts are right there in front of you Mick.
You only have to OPEN YOUR EYES mate!
McGuane Pffft.....Face like a busted arse that's been hit by a Mack Truck!
And that's not his worst feature! That happens when IT opens it's mouth!

- Freo are no good
- Hawks had injuries.

It's never ending isn't it...….who gives a rats what Mick Mc Who says.

- Freo are no good
- Hawks had injuries.

Yeah but Mick McGuane is a ******* rat prick so who really gives a fly in * what he thinks.

All these old w***ers thinking they know the ins and outs, if it were that easy and they knew that much they wouldn’t have radio gig and a one night a week 10 minute segment on tv being shock jockeys.

I won't quote the whole thing, but nice post, I appreciate it. Our own Hubnester has a gif of the Mirra call that might shift your thinking; I would say it's a 50/50 call and unlucky for Mirra - but I can see how it might be viewed as an 'even up' penalty' to 'balance' the Mirra out of bounds from earlier.

BTW I'm not talking about paying a free that clearly wasn't there; more how umpires will often adjudicate 50/50s on what has come before and not on the merits of that specific play in isolation. I think it's pretty obvious this happens and it's the aspect of the game I hate the most.

McGuane Pffft.....Face like a busted arse that's been hit by a Mack Truck!
And that's not his worst feature! That happens when IT opens it's mouth!

Talking of heads that could scare small children, Monkey looked like Clarko had bought out last halloween's pumpkin. He was never pretty but I had an involuntary need to turn away quickly when ever the camera panned on to him.

- Freo are no good
- Hawks had injuries.

That at the moment is turning out to be bullshit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back