Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing has been said about his praise of the Suns in his article. After all they are three and one and lost their one by 1 point. If you want to use that narrative, then being three and one and losing your one by five points must also deserve the same praise - especially when you tip the team to finish last...

To blame the umpires for the Hawthorn loss is deplorable considering the many many examples of crap umpiring this year.

To continue to flog the Hanners story is embarrassing for him. He needs his AFL accreditation taken away.

What Barrett is doing is effectively trolling.
In both Melbourne papers today there were articles about mental Health issues with AFL players as a result of social media. The f$&kers like Barrett are also inciting more trolls.
Low life bottom feeders.

Barrett thinking to himself "s**t the bloody Saints keep winning and they actually look like a happy cohesive playing and coaching group . How am i gonna put a negative spin on this???"
"oh i know i just bring up that Dan Hannebery is still not playing ".:rolleyes:

He really struggles with sliding doors doesnt he
Glass-Door-Fail-07.gif

Barrett thinking to himself "s**t the bloody Saints keep winning and they actually look like a happy cohesive playing and coaching group . How am i gonna put a negative spin on this???"
"oh i know i just bring up that Dan Hannebery is still not playing ".:rolleyes:

He really struggles with sliding doors doesnt he
Glass-Door-Fail-07.gif

If...... Saints win without Dan Hannebury..
s**t.... what will happen if he actually plays.
( and no ... not a sliding doors moment at all ).

How about...
If Norf end up on the bottom.
Then..... Someone might realize brad has been there a loooooooong time.

Wow, Purple's had to eat a lot of crow. First he admits his Sliding Doors was "poorly worded" and "wrong" about Hodgey, in the same piece he admits being wrong about us. Enjoy: https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-22/barrett-hodgey-i-was-wrong-but-not-about-the-mike

That admission about hodge is the biggest fake admission of wrong while still trying to pot hodge and make him look even worse for calling him out

I have never ever seen an example of a journo with a bigger agenda and corrupt in pushing that agenda than Barrett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what it said, but already been deleted...
My guess is someone made him revise some elements of it this morning, wishing I had've copied and pasted so we could compare. Or the less conspiracy version of that is they changed the date (my link had the article being put up today despite being posted last night)

My guess is someone made him revise some elements of it this morning, wishing I had've copied and pasted so we could compare. Or the less conspiracy version of that is they changed the date (my link had the article being put up today despite being posted last night)

Maybe changed it overnite, i was reading it around 6am or so on the AFL site.

Even when he's giving us credit he still strays to negatives. Membrey over his yips by midseason last year I reckon yet it gets a mention? And still has to squeeze a mention of Hanners in (and it's not wow imagine when hannebury is playing or geez look how much the playing group love having him around)

Here are some of the most excruciating cuts from this mealy-mouthed pseudo retraction from the purple headed warrior...

"Hodge's offering for Channel Seven on Thursday night was actually better than most.

"And let's put this on the table before we go further – when Hodge talks seriously and unencumbered about football, no one provides better insight."

"Regarding the Sliding Doors column I wrote last Friday on AFL.com.au, at which Hodge bristled and called me a "knob" … fair enough, Hodgey. I was a knob, whatever definition you wish to attach to that word.

"I did use the phrase "well-paid contract" to describe your dealings with Channel Seven. That was wrong. Repeat … wrong. And Hodgey, I do here apologise for that, as I did on the Sunday Footy Show, and would have done on Triple M on Saturday if you at some stage had taken your eyes off the notes in front of you in your too-long rant."

"Hodgey, you're an all-time great, an instant Hall Of Famer, and on my vote a straight-in Legend. But you've chosen to play THIS year, so play. Ditch the TV mikes, at least until Andrews returns."

"Got it wrong with the Saints, as I said last week.
Thought their words in the off-season were just that, words. They have more far more substance than that.

"May still miss the finals, but no matter what happens from here, St Kilda is a tough club. And coach Alan Richardson is a tough man.

"There has been adversity with injury and unavailability and poor due diligence (and no, we won't let the Dan Hannebery thing go) but underlying its operations in 2019 is a resolve which is pure."

My god, reading that was hard enough, just look at the choice of words. You have to laugh, especially his effort to make a distinction of the word "knob" as if it's somehow ambiguous.

Is it I or We? ("as I said"... "no, we won't") it's "we" when you need to talk tough, as in "me and my gang, not just little me on my own" He had so much difficulty working out the correct pronoun to use that he didn't even use one at the start of the Saints stuff: "Got it wrong"- who? You? Your mates? Own your apology and be a man, you coward.

After reading the column and reflecting on the George/StCicatriz debate, I find myself siding with George's view. St Kilda is too big to be seen getting worked up over the mean man's words: despite how us fans feel, the club itself cannot try to muzzle him, it is a league club famous around the world, what does it care about the ill-thought out opinions of the writer of an opinion column? (not even a real journalist, just a regular member of the public who is paid to publish their words without the burden of research or writing ability that a journalist has)

I read some link to one of his pieces which mentioned Purple's "war with St Kilda" - it made me want to vomit. Had the effect of diminishing us and lionising him by putting him on a rivalry ticket with us. Does the mosquito have a war with the person it bites? Does a teenage vandal have a war with the grand old building he tags?

It's not a war, just a sadly drawn-out bitter trolling effort and to fight back makes it a war.

That's not to say the fans shouldn't have their say. It's our war with that tool that we should focus on, and I applaud the efforts of those going up against him on Twitter. Let him spend his morning blocking people instead of enjoying his life.

Here are some of the most excruciating cuts from this mealy-mouthed pseudo retraction from the purple headed warrior...

"Hodge's offering for Channel Seven on Thursday night was actually better than most.

"And let's put this on the table before we go further – when Hodge talks seriously and unencumbered about football, no one provides better insight."

"Regarding the Sliding Doors column I wrote last Friday on AFL.com.au, at which Hodge bristled and called me a "knob" … fair enough, Hodgey. I was a knob, whatever definition you wish to attach to that word.

"I did use the phrase "well-paid contract" to describe your dealings with Channel Seven. That was wrong. Repeat … wrong. And Hodgey, I do here apologise for that, as I did on the Sunday Footy Show, and would have done on Triple M on Saturday if you at some stage had taken your eyes off the notes in front of you in your too-long rant."

"Hodgey, you're an all-time great, an instant Hall Of Famer, and on my vote a straight-in Legend. But you've chosen to play THIS year, so play. Ditch the TV mikes, at least until Andrews returns."

"Got it wrong with the Saints, as I said last week.
Thought their words in the off-season were just that, words. They have more far more substance than that.

"May still miss the finals, but no matter what happens from here, St Kilda is a tough club. And coach Alan Richardson is a tough man.

"There has been adversity with injury and unavailability and poor due diligence (and no, we won't let the Dan Hannebery thing go) but underlying its operations in 2019 is a resolve which is pure."

My god, reading that was hard enough, just look at the choice of words. You have to laugh, especially his effort to make a distinction of the word "knob" as if it's somehow ambiguous.

Is it I or We? ("as I said"... "no, we won't") it's "we" when you need to talk tough, as in "me and my gang, not just little me on my own" He had so much difficulty working out the correct pronoun to use that he didn't even use one at the start of the Saints stuff: "Got it wrong"- who? You? Your mates? Own your apology and be a man, you coward.

After reading the column and reflecting on the George/StCicatriz debate, I find myself siding with George's view. St Kilda is too big to be seen getting worked up over the mean man's words: despite how us fans feel, the club itself cannot try to muzzle him, it is a league club famous around the world, what does it care about the ill-thought out opinions of the writer of an opinion column? (not even a real journalist, just a regular member of the public who is paid to publish their words without the burden of research or writing ability that a journalist has)

I read some link to one of his pieces which mentioned Purple's "war with St Kilda" - it made me want to vomit. Had the effect of diminishing us and lionising him by putting him on a rivalry ticket with us. Does the mosquito have a war with the person it bites? Does a teenage vandal have a war with the grand old building he tags?

It's not a war, just a sadly drawn-out bitter trolling effort and to fight back makes it a war.

That's not to say the fans shouldn't have their say. It's our war with that tool that we should focus on, and I applaud the efforts of those going up against him on Twitter. Let him spend his morning blocking people instead of enjoying his life.

Clearly his life amounts to writing s**t and blocking people. Fair chance his life is at a pinnacle (for him) based on this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back