Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Purple listed Clark as someone who is at the crossroads after he was dropped this week ! Wtf , the kid is in his second year at the club and is still finding his feet . He gets dropped and Purple thinks he is at the crossroads ? Purple really hates Saints .

Don’t Panic !!

Purple listed Clark as someone who is at the crossroads after he was dropped this week ! Wtf , the kid is in his second year at the club and is still finding his feet . He gets dropped and Purple thinks he is at the crossroads ? Purple really hates Saints .

Don’t Panic !!
Yep and we missed out on that Francis guy two years before and got stuck with Gresham and Carlisle. Francis is still in and out.

IF : Its true that some draft picks are slow to develop , or don't make it at all.
THEN: Purple will put the boots in as if he has some point to make, but if he had to pick 18 year olds he'd be useless.

Greg1853

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Translations: without the stupid if /then nonsense. I title it "STATING THE OBVIOUS " If it was called, "What an imbecile thinks about the upcoming round of footy " no-one would click on it.

I'm not sure if i should tip Hawks to win or not.

Eagles lost some games but easier ones are coming up.

No Jenkins no Crows.

Geeze that Rayner is going good.

Blues are crap and a heap of their players are injured, so the're even crappier, but they still might win . ( nice and non-committal )

Random Stat: Reid has played 89 games since 2010 because of injury. ( So what )?

I'm going to jump on the band wagon , after Tim Watson and everyone else and tell the flogs to behave .

Ross Lyon likes making smart arse comments and I like listening. ( So what )?

Garry Ablett isn't totally washed up yet.

I think the Suns are crap.

Blah Blah blah ..Phil Davis is back in the squad, he makes the team stronger than their backup player. ( he didn't make it )

I'm giving Melbourne one last chance.....like they give a **** . (Pretty sure trying to win anyway).

North are playing an easy game so I don't care if they win.

I'm an expert at coaching now.

I forget some irrelevant stuff.

Good luck Marsh, you're doomed. ( though everyone except Purple knows the poor Irish rookie will be on Cameron ).

Reid has been a spud for 9 years, but should be able to play like Buddy, cos Buddy is injured.

If the Dogs lose games a lot, people won't think they are as good as if they won games. :/

The hardest decisions for umpires are the ones that aren't clear.

SS, you can't stop now. The above is a spot on summary. Give us a summary of this weeks dribble

If
we thought lacklustre fixturing on Friday night was a thing of the past ...
then
round eight's Swans-Bombers SCG game looms as a worry. There are real reasons for the Swans' fall this year, but they are difficult to watch at times.
---------------------------

IF: Damian had a little sook about what a poor spectacle Sydney vs Essendon was going to be.

Then: It was really really really close all the way and its been a long time since a shot like that from outside 50 could have won the game. ( Daniel Bradshaw says you should have gone the torp Myers ).

Anyway , why would we have thought lacklustre fixturing was a thing of the past? Some games are going to turn out ho hum, that's life.

Translation of latest "Wot I Reckon - or - Stating the Obvious " His opinions not mine.

1. I'd laugh at you if you said a team would go good with 4 (mostly old ) players injured.

2. If the Lions don't beat the Crows they won't make finals. ( Well OK , at least he's making a call ).

3. When most of your defenders are injured its worse when more of your defenders get injured. ( Oh no , what if Carlton start losing ).

4. Ben Reid needs to get more than 4 kicks if he wants to get picked next week. ( face it , if Cox is fit , Cox is playing ).

5. I ( translated from We ) worry about the durability of players who keep getting injured in the same place all the time. (duh ).

6. The AFL play favorites.

7. They really do play favorites.

8. I said nice stuff about the Suns all year but now i realise they suck.

9. Cameron played crappy last week, but will be better this week. ( See item 3).

10. Hawthorns coach is probably thinking about ways to beat their opponents.

11. I'm tipping West Coast to beat Melbourne and....crap about Jaws.

12. I'm getting frustrated by Norf. ( Maybe Purple could be their next white knight ).

13. I'm going to talk about people who have the same name but are totally unrelated in any way. I guess its never happened before , like KB the racing car driver. Like this poor guy.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009922421068 ( The original one seems to have 5 facebook accounts, i wonder if he has more than 5 friends ).

14. The team's backup ruck will have his work cut out for him against an established ruck.

15. The Saints are more likely to beat the pies if another of their good players is injured. ( duh ).

16. Dane Rampe is a stupid flog who should shut up and play footy. ( Yep...hard to argue )

17. Willy is delicious.

18. Tom Boyd is retiring but its good for the dogs he helped win them a Premiership once.

19. The Afl play favorites.

--------------------
General Comment.

Along with the usual lack of sliding door moments, ( the one regarding Brisbane/Crows perhaps the only exception ) this weeks were particularly unimaginative. Note 6,7,and 19 all the same. A couple of "tips" regarding teams that will probably get belted.
Get creative Damian.
Drop some acid or something. Expand your mind....bit of the "Purple" Haze.

Thought you would like Bevs swipe at Barrett

That is an utterly savage, unadulterated ripping into Purple: "That just shows a sheer lack of conscience... and that'll never be forgiven by anyone at our football club... it's just a window into that person's soul, and how black that soul is..."

Don't hold back, Bevo, tell us how you really feel!

Good.

We joke about Purple being a jerk, but this is clear evidence that his petty nastiness has actually emotionally and ultimately physically damaged a person's career, and potentially their life. I hope that raising this leads to Barrett adjusting his approach to journalism... or to the AFL firing him, as they readjust their approach to journalism in the future.

1558068323523.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheJackal

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just wondering how LDU gets a clear run at it in Barrett's column when Clark was discussed? The flog refuses to criticise his Norf hacks. Even this week he has heaped pressure on the Saints, sure it's not a criticism like usual but its not grest

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good on Bevo for getting stuck in.
Should have named the flog but the footy world knows who he's referring to.

Doesn’t need to. Other people in the media will now talk about the interview & name Purple as the bloke Bevo was referring to. I really admire Bevo. Cares a lot for his players & club. Top bloke.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Doesn’t need to. Other people in the media will now talk about the interview & name Purple as the bloke Bevo was referring to. I really admire Bevo. Cares a lot for his players & club. Top bloke.
Good. I hope it's THE hot topic of the year.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Imagine how the players would feel seeing their coach come out that strong in support of his players/ex-player. I reckon they’d run through a brick wall for him.
Indeed.

Now compare that to how our club came out in defense of Carlisle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back