Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

Sep 25, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
The only people that seem to like Purple are the AFL bosses

Gary Lyon just came to his defence on sen. He defended purple saying that the articles he wrote questioning the trade was fair. I feel like puking.

Its not the original articles he wrote. Its the fact that once challenged on the merits of it, he started a campaign of rumour and innuendo that contributed to Boyds mental health. Stuff like this in his writing.

Dh97SR2UcAAE0Rs.jpg

And sarcastic, sneering bs on tripleM. Is it any wonder Boyd started copping more crap from the online trolls and bullies?

Whenever someone corrects or contradicts one of his big stories, he runs a campaign of harassment and intimidation. Its subtle, passive aggresive crap thats obvious to most.

Bevo said it best today, "It’s just a window into that person’s soul and how black that soul is."

Last edited:
Gary Lyon just came to his defence on sen. He defended purple saying that the articles he wrote questioning the trade was fair game. I feel like puking.

Its not the original articles he wrote. Its the fact that once challenged on the merits of it, he started a campaign of rumour and innuendo that contributed to Boyds mental health. Stuff like this in his writing.

View attachment 675646

And sarcastic, sneering bs on tripleM. Is it any wonder Boyd started copping more crap from the online trolls and bullies?

Whenever someone corrects or contradicts one of his big stories, he runs a campaign of harassment and intimidation. Its subtle, but obvious to most.

Bevo said it best today, "It’s just a window into that person’s soul and how black that soul is."

Gary Lyon lol too busy chasing his ex mates ex missus around to have any touch with reality.
Flog of the highest order.

Indie Rock

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Barrett has responded saying that Bevo is using Boyd as a ‘lynch pin’ to have a crack at him because he hates him 🤷🏼‍♂️.

“I would imagine that they are directed at me. I still don’t have any idea (why),” Barrett said.

“About a year ago, when Luke also used a Tom Boyd issue and moment to leverage his hatred of me ... it’s wrong, it’s unfortunate and it’s sad, I think, that Luke Beveridge needs to use Tom Boyd moments to leverage the hatred that he has.”

Then:

“I think it’s sad and unfortunate that for the second time in a year, Luke Beveridge has gone down this path, using Tom Boyd as the lynch(pin).”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...e/news-story/be211593b2feeea5ee5155958958823c

Good on ya Bevo. Love that he is sticking by his players and putting the boot into IPF.

Sippa

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Barrett has responded saying that Bevo is using Boyd as a ‘lynch pin’ to have a crack at him because he hates him .

“I would imagine that they are directed at me. I still don’t have any idea (why),” Barrett said.

“About a year ago, when Luke also used a Tom Boyd issue and moment to leverage his hatred of me ... it’s wrong, it’s unfortunate and it’s sad, I think, that Luke Beveridge needs to use Tom Boyd moments to leverage the hatred that he has.”

Then:

“I think it’s sad and unfortunate that for the second time in a year, Luke Beveridge has gone down this path, using Tom Boyd as the lynch(pin).”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...e/news-story/be211593b2feeea5ee5155958958823c

Good on ya Bevo. Love that he is sticking by his players and putting the boot into IPF.

He’s that petty and sinister he arks up every time someone calls him out.. as recent as the hodge thing .. should be professional and as a journo let it slide .. but that’s not his style .. genuine nasty spiteful person

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's time the weasel was made to disappear back under the rock he came from. That smarmy grin he has every time someone mentions how he has cracks at clubs and players says it all

An absolute bottom feeding rat of a man

Well done Bevo. You're a true leader

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's time the weasel was made to disappear back under the rock he came from. That smarmy grin he has every time someone mentions how he has cracks at clubs and players says it all

An absolute bottom feeding rat of a man

Well done Bevo. You're a true leader
My respect for Bevo went up right there.

My respect for Purple is flatline without a pulse

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Doesn’t need to. Other people in the media will now talk about the interview & name Purple as the bloke Bevo was referring to. I really admire Bevo. Cares a lot for his players & club. Top bloke.
I love how Purple’s response to it was “nah, Bevo actually has a problem for something earlier - not actually started by this”. He’s still arguing on what started it!!

Wot i reckon round 10. ( written as if i'm purple ). or "Stating the obvious "

I reckon 30YO Jenkins will go to another club next year, and i he doesn't most people will forget i mentioned it.

If Charlie Cameron kicks more goals and less points he'll score more.

Everyone thinks Carlton can't win, but if they win this week people will think they can win.

If your injury prone trade is even more injury prone when he's 34....wow i'm surprised and shocked.

I am smarter than the doctors at Essendon and i'm pointing my finger at them... point point point...

If Harley Bennel doesn't have a good game, i'll think he's crap like lots of people already do.

Some people don't like watching Danger play , but i do. ( not sure why relevant since he's out injured and who cares anyway ).

If Dangerfield is out of the side, he won't be able to win the game. Other players will need to.

I hope Deledio gets to play in a grand final. ( aren't you glad a shared that ).

Hawks and Port will score less if its wet.

If there's going to be an upset it might be Melbourne against GWS. Or it might be any other team.. Or there might not be an upset.

If Ben Brown has been crappy all year he may suddenly get better for no reason. WAIT !!! Coach sacked , he has a reason.

I think Wingard is going to get boo'd at even though you'd struggle to find a port supporter in Tasmania.

If Richmond had drafted someone different to the player they drafted he might be playing for them instead of the team that really drafted him, ( WTF REALLY)?

If a young player who plays good keeps playing good and even better he will be a good player until he stops playing good.

I have a crush on Buddy. If i was better endowed my excitement would be obvious.

Eagles vs Crows will be a good game. ( not thanks purple, i'll watch the game the team i support plays ).

Josh Dunkly will get a best and fairest one year.

Stop being mean to the umpires. At least they talk to me. None of the players will.

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
In the Barrett article on Brad Scott he actually wrote this:
it allows Scott to officially enter negotiations for other coaching vacancies which are expected to come at St Kilda, Carlton and possibly Essendon.
Makes it sound as if 3 clubs are essentially sacking coaches. Highly presumptive to say the least.

for other coaching vacancies which are expected to come at St Kilda, Carlton and possibly Essendon.

Nearly fell off my chair tonight when I saw this.

Incredible to say the least.

Greg1853

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
In the Barrett article on Brad Scott he actually wrote this:
it allows Scott to officially enter negotiations for other coaching vacancies which are expected to come at St Kilda, Carlton and possibly Essendon.
Makes it sound as if 3 clubs are essentially sacking coaches. Highly presumptive to say the least.

If our coaching gig becomes vacant, and we recruit Brad Scott ahead of Brett Ratten, I will have a lot of spare time on my hands during winter.

Jake Carlisle needs to play a certain number of games to reach the contract clause for an automatic new deal
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-28...-the-clock-to-reach-trigger-for-2020-contract

Seriously, what was the point of this rubbish 'article' by Barrett other than to have another go at us.

Goes on about Carlisle racing against the clock to get a contract for 2020 then says at the bottom he will most likely sort out a new deal for next season anyway. Well wasn't that obvious.

But obviously Barrett still likes to mention the incident that happened four years ago now as if it holds some kind of relevance.

Nothing better to do surely...

Seriously, what was the point of this rubbish 'article' by Barrett other than to have another go at us.

Goes on about Carlisle racing against the clock to get a contract for 2020 then says at the bottom he will most likely sort out a new deal for next season anyway. Well wasn't that obvious.

But obviously Barrett still likes to mention the incident that happened four years ago now as if it holds some kind of relevance.

Nothing better to do surely...
Barrett is an idiot. Given his contract was rewritten post the coke and dons saga. He might be better placed letting it lapse and renegotiating.

Instead barrat sees it as this race again time bullshittery. What a joke.

"Sliding on my ass "

1:Last week i said you should bring in Jenkins and Gibbs, you did this week , so i'll accuse you of panicking , haha you can't win against me .

2. In my simple mind , if we miked up Luke Hodge, he would calmy disect Clarko's game plan during the match.

3. Maybe if i stick up for Daisy he'll have a few drinks with me some time. I'm sick of the bar emptying when i go in there.

4. If a Collingwood player has an injury when they have list depth, its not as bad as a player from another club which doesn't have list depth.

5. Woosha is confused and so am I.

6. Little Damian always sits up when Walters is playing.

7. Its good that Ablett was suspended , he needed a rest anyway. ( WTF....especially in a sliding doors thing....nothing else in Geelong this past month ?)

8. Me uses me super brain to determine that round 12 is unlucky for the Suns. Especially on a full moon.

9. Its less likely Coniglio will stay at GWS than it was at the start of the season. ( its equally likely ...you just didn't know it you knob ).

10. If Clarko loses to a former assistant he turns into the Hulk ( apparently ).

11. I reckon if Melbourne play some players i've heard of they might win, even though the whole team has been crap all year.

12. I was blindsided by the Coach leaving last week, but now i'll pretend i can give them advice about how to select a new one.

13. Its important for Port to Win, because they haven't won much.

14. Tigers are 4th on the ladder, ie they have been winning , and now with Cotchen back.....they will be winning.

15. Jarryn Geary is the new Chuck Norris.

16. The media don't get to choose who will coach the AFL clubs.

17. West Coast won the premiership last year, and are good this year too.

18. Bulldogs are so desperate they've grabbed a guy from the state leagues to play against the team in point 17.

19. Players should be able to "suck more piss ", cos...well they are always wandering round with syringes hanging out their arms and white powder on their noses right?

Oct 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
I see Dayne Beams is out for around 3 months. Current indications are that Hannerbury will be back after missing the first 3 months of the season. Same same. Does that make the Beams trade a "bust" as well? Over to you Mr Barrett.

I see Dayne Beams is out for around 3 months. Current indications are that Hannerbury will be back after missing the first 3 months of the season. Same same. Does that make the Beams trade a "bust" as well? Over to you Mr Barrett.

sure is some interesting rumours doing the rounds on that acquisition
#whatSalaryCap

Are we talking a grimy VISY-esque deal, or just straight paper bags under the table?
Words is he accumulated a massive bookie debt. Eddie then rolled in and paid it off. Which technically should be in the cap but it's not.

Back