Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

Remove this Banner Ad

So in Purple's Top 10 finals moments published on the AFL site, 3 are the precise moments when St Kilda lost their chance to become premiers in the three different grand finals they played in 97, 09 & 10.

His rise to power very neatly coincided with our stagnation as a club, he literally feeds off our failures lol.

I would have liked to be there to see the original moment(s) that caused a younger Damien Barrett's hatred of our club to fester, I'm sure it must have been awesome.

Hope that trolling prick has no cause to enjoy these coming finals.

EDIT: just noticed mention of this in our media thread. Happy I'm not the only one that picked up on his enjoyment of our pain.

So in Purple's Top 10 finals moments published on the AFL site, 3 are the precise moments when St Kilda lost their chance to become premiers in the three different grand finals they played in 97, 09 & 10.

His rise to power very neatly coincided with our stagnation as a club, he literally feeds off our failures lol.

I would have liked to be there to see the original moment(s) that caused a younger Damien Barrett's hatred of our club to fester, I'm sure it must have been awesome.

Hope that trolling prick has no cause to enjoy these coming finals.

EDIT: just noticed mention of this in our media thread. Happy I'm not the only one that picked up on his enjoyment of our pain.

DW, as a Norf supporter, we can enjoy his pain for many years to come.

DW, as a Norf supporter, we can enjoy his pain for many years to come.
I am going to email the Club board, Telling them to make formal complaint to the AFL ,about Barrett , continually Negative put down etc etc of the SAINTS
Does nothing for the clubs members ,image, ability to grow, sponsors ,
Barrett is an employee of AFL
Banned from doggies
His top 10 all others positive our 3 neg

I am going to email the Club board, Telling them to make formal complaint to the AFL ,about Barrett , continually Negative put down etc etc of the SAINTS
Does nothing for the clubs members ,image, ability to grow, sponsors ,
Barrett is an employee of AFL
Banned from doggies
His top 10 all others positive our 3 neg

I think we banned him too, which is the reason he has very little good to say about us.
I don’t think anyone really cares overmuch about his opinion anyway.

Purple had a ridiculous obsession with us for a while but he’s pretty fair most of the time now. Pretty sure Bassatt did an extended interview with him last year and he took a step back after that. He’d been going full throttle at our list management up til that point but I feel like there must have been private words from Bassatt to get him off the club’s back.

My sources tell me (on condition of anonymity) that his ex-wife hooked up with a Saints fan. She is now extremely satisfied sexually, unlike Damo, who is struggling with the problem at hand.
Maybe he should get a tattoo of the Saints emblem on his hand, then he too can be satisfied by a Saints fan. 😱

Credit where credit is due. His column did pick out the absurdity of the AA forward line and made specific reference to the two main players who deserved to be there as genuine small-medium forwards... Tom Papley and... Mitch Wallis?!? No mention of the Butler? Oh well.

How is this for a little bit of total gibberish.

IF ...
the Demons played in an American sports competition ...

THEN ...
they'd be receiving some credit for having a "winning" season (nine wins, eight losses). But they don't, and therefore they're judged harshly. Which I reckon is wrong. Sure, they were capable of making finals, but they didn't do a lot wrong in 2020.

How is this for a little bit of total gibberish.

IF ...
the Demons played in an American sports competition ...

THEN ...
they'd be receiving some credit for having a "winning" season (nine wins, eight losses). But they don't, and therefore they're judged harshly. Which I reckon is wrong. Sure, they were capable of making finals, but they didn't do a lot wrong in 2020.

Then goes on to say if the saints don’t win a final it won’t be considered a good season. What a complete flog.
His sliding doors moments make no sense at all and aren’t even sliding doors moments.
Moron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then goes on to say if the saints don’t win a final it won’t be considered a good season. What a complete flog.
His sliding doors moments make no sense at all and aren’t even sliding doors moments.
Moron.

He didn’t say that at all. He said the 2020 season was a good one but to call it very good, we need to win a final. Which is true.
IF ...
the 2020 season has been a good one for the Saints ...

THEN ...
in the brutal way the industry rates itself, only a finals win – against the Dogs on Saturday week – will allow the club to say it was a very good one.

Moron.

No he says if we've had a good season, then, if we don't win the first final it won't be a "really good season".
He neglects to follow up with...if we don't win the prelim it won't be a "really really good season", and if we don't win the premiership we won't have had a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious season.

His comment remains moronic and obvious.
"Duh...if season was good , but not win final...not more gooder deeerp."

Apart from not making finals after having 437 first round picks in the last deacde

Absolute turnip lol

Maybe the fans can decide if their team had a good year or not and purple can stick his head between Eddy Maguire's butt cheeks.

7UMKNgu.jpg

It’s funny how Barratt becomes less annoying (or maybe less relevant) when your team is performing much better.

It's amazing how much harder it is to get triggered by footy when you're not s**t generally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back