How does Labor win the next federal election/elections to come?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep

Worked on Shorten.

Make people physically sick of hearing his name

This is the whole point.

It's all done through the media.

The biggest media outlets ignore the Labor Party unless it's to run a hit piece on them.

This is how the Liberals win and keep power.

Federal Labor has not had the backing of major media since Kevin 07, and it's why he scooted to power. The Liberals have not let that happen since as they got back News Corp, got Seven and have now captured Nine.

The only way for Labor to actually win and then stay in is to get the media. They can either do that or sit in opposition for another 10-20 years. That's just how it is now in Australia.

This is the whole point.

It's all done through the media.

The biggest media outlets ignore the Labor Party unless it's to run a hit piece on them.

This is how the Liberals win and keep power.

Federal Labor has not had the backing of major media since Kevin 07, and it's why he scooted to power. The Liberals have not let that happen since as they got back News Corp, got Seven and have now captured Nine.

The only way for Labor to actually win and then stay in is to get the media. They can either do that or sit in opposition for another 10-20 years. That's just how it is now in Australia.
We've got one shot at it.

Save that powder.

Is he really though?

It just seems like he is one of a bunch of other social media stars that are big on Twitter.
He has 500k subscribers on YouTube, has organised the common sense brigade groups on Facebook ...

My point is he actually getting content out there where the main stream media is failing...

Is he really though?

It just seems like he is one of a bunch of other social media stars that are big on Twitter.
Probably moreso facebook in his case but your sentiment is spot on.

he is also highlighting how biased the mainstream media is... Jodi McKay and the lack of media coverage she got etc...
Exactly the same thing i said.

CLARIFICATION - I am NOT FriendlyJordies

Lol trust jodi is lucky I mean lucky she didn't get coverage. The more people knew about her the more disliked she got
You lost ya best weapon lol !!!!!

Simba Minns a better shot at beating Gladys than Macrae was.

He has 500k subscribers on YouTube, has organised the common sense brigade groups on Facebook ...

My point is he actually getting content out there where the main stream media is failing...
Got people like Michael West and his site more famous too and is also helping the shooters fishers and farmers party take on the nats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't deny him his following and his ability to attract the interest of like minded individuals, I just question the ability to move the needle and shift opinion in a meaningful way.

YouTube and social media is certainly growing. But it’ll be decades before it rivals the MSM for influence.

And that whole process will be delayed as the Liberals inevitably * with it and attempt to censor it and drive it out of the country. Which they have already started with their news bill.

It’s a moot point in this discussion. The ALP can dominate it, it’s not winning them elections any time soon.

If I was Labor leader then I first thing I would be doing is asking News Corp and Channel 7 how I get them in the tent. So I could actually win an election with a reasonable majority and go about fixing the country.

Some of these edgy social media stars are not without their faults.

FJ certainly likes to give himself a lot of credit for election results. But I'd argue that getting people who already voted Labor to make memes that are obvious Labor propaganda isn't a big achievement and didn't swing anything. He exhorted his troll army to go all out to keep Jackie Trad in office for last year's Queensland election. They failed, but he still big noted himself for influencing the election, despite it being won in entirely different electorates to the one he kept pushing.

Several Labor MPs are not happy with Albo, it seems. Although this is coming from The Age, which has been batting for the Liberal Party for some time now.

Several Labor MPs are not happy with Albo, it seems. Although this is coming from The Age, which has been batting for the Liberal Party for some time now.
Hilariously, my Herald Sun reading father calls The Age a leftie newletter

On the surface, you’d think the ALP could not have had more scandals fall in their lap in recent times;
Sport Rorts
Robodebt
Witness K
Brittany Higgins rape
Christian Porter
Biloela Family
Quarantine
Vaccine Roll Out
Religous Right Happy Clappets

yet whenever there is an issue of the day, where Albanese should be nailing them, I find a tweet from him that is so out of context and off topic that I just think “this bloke just hasn’t got it” which is a shame because Morrison is a sham

Via Reddit

Totally agree. Labor needs to go ******* hard on this and promise a savage ICAC.

Morrison's wafer thin margin is propped up by tradies who love low taxes and therefore hate government graft which they view robs their hard earned taxes.

Convince them you'll put corrupt government/politician campaigners in jail who are "stealing their hard earned taxes," and you'll swing enough marginals to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back