How does Labor win the next federal election/elections to come?

Remove this Banner Ad

KK proud of ALPs cultural diversity but happy to back stab a culturally diverse candidate to keep her career going.

Cant expect her to live near the people either, just wants the safe seat.

Hopefully the people of Fowler treat her with the contempt she has given them and vote in an independent or green. Maybe Get Up can get involved although that might require them to be more than an ALP front.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that is the problem with him too. He is great to have in a friendly environment. I dont think he has done a very good job on key issues.

Americans love folksy. Its why Bush Jr got in twice despite being beyond terrible. I dont think we are the same. Well, except maybe for QLD. They did vote for Joh for 30 years.

QLD has changed significantly since Joh's era - Brisbane has grown whereas the regions have stagnated or decayed, so they don't hold the clout that they once did. This has resulted in QLD politics drifting closer to VIC politics (but QLD still clearly the more conservative of the two).

Joh wouldn't be able to pull off his Bjelkemander with nearly as much ease now, because he was never all that popular in Brisbane itself.

RE Albo, I've never been fully convinced. He seems a nice enough guy, but there are also shades of Beazley Mk II, in that people may not take him that seriously as an alternative PM. He'll do better in QLD than Shorten, but I'm not yet certain if that means much. VIC does have a parochial streak, but QLD's is on another level, so I've always been a fan of replacing him with Chalmers. Mind, with the way ScoMo has been going as of late, Albo could just need not to be ScoMo to win ala Howard to Keating in 1995, but I'm not yet convinced of that.

Albo's saving grace is that, for all of ScoMo's politicking, he is clearly not as competent a politician as Howard was overall. Whatever can be said about Howard (and I've said heaps, not least comparing him - albeit unfairly in some ways - to the long-serving but seriously flawed Leonid Brezhnev), he wouldn't have scarpered from the country during the 2019-20 bushfires and his government (the 1996-2001 version, at least) was competent enough to handle a vaccine rollout.

I would have voted for Howard over Latham in 2004. The latter would have combined Rudd's interpersonal issues with Abbott's foot-in-mouth moments and Keating's belligerence, minus Keating's wit but with some physical aggression to go with. He would have been a shambles, and I do have my doubts that, even if re-elected, Latham would handled the 2008 GFC as well (or, rather, if you prefer, he would have handled it even more poorly) than Swan did.

I have heard rumours that ScoMo may actually spring a November/early December election to surprise the ALP. My gut tells me not to write the idea off, but they'd want to make sure 1) Chalmers doesn't bump off Albo in response, 2) the vaccine rollout is progressing without a hitch. The ALP may be too staid to do #1, but #2 would seem novel given past precedent. Plus early elections usually don't strengthen the incumbent's position unless the opposition has a serious internal problem (Joh for PM in 1987, for example). Campbell Newman, whose fortunes were flagging, tried holding an early election in January 2015 to catch the QLD ALP on the hop and it backfired spectacularly.

I'd say that, absent any unexpected event giving him a shot in the arm, ScoMo will hold off on an election for as long as possible, and as far from any holiday periods (Christmas/Easter) as he can reasonably manage. I doubt he holds a long campaign; he didn't last time and there's no point, anyway.

Last edited:
KK proud of ALPs cultural diversity but happy to back stab a culturally diverse candidate to keep her career going.

Hopefully the people of Fowler treat her with the contempt she has given them and vote in an independent or green. Maybe Get Up can get involved although that might require them to be more than an ALP front.

It wouldn't be the first time Labor have lost or nearly lost a safe seat in Western Sydney.

I personally know Tu from many years ago, I don't think she'll defect to be an independent, but I'd love for her to.

You are obviously not following what is going in China...Kids not allowed to play computer games for more than 3 hours per week. Bans on personal tutoring, and Xi's own version of the little red book.
Just because it has communist in the name doesnt make it a communist party any more than the australian liberal party are liberals or the democratic republic of korea is a democracy.

xi jinping is a garden variety dictator running a hypercapitalist country - thereis absolutely funk all about china thats communist.

Just because it has communist in the name doesnt make it a communist party any more than the australian liberal party are liberals or the democratic republic of korea is a democracy.

xi jinping is a garden variety dictator running a hypercapitalist country - thereis absolutely funk all about china thats communist.
It's authoritarianism state capitalism.

Nothing communist about China these days.

People who think China is communist are still buying into the red scare.

Well it seems that Labor has had a victory in NT, not that it really means anything…
I have to say, I have been impressed by what I’ve seen of Gunner

"But I know poor people. I get how they live. Im the best candidate."

Of course the Libs will probably run a rich white Christian guy against her cos they are just that dumb.

Ive managed to get you left wingers to argue against hospital spending such is you partisan blindness.

i guess that now makes me the progressive and you thé conservative.
They are not arguing do not increase hospital spending
They are arguing do not tell or announce policy due to recognition of tactical political reality where last time they had policy and liberal none got punished by media then voters

She will do a Barry Unsworth and rent an empty unit there, not live in it and pretend to be part of Fowler now.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not by kicking an own goal with the seat KK is challenging.
She has no guts. If she did, she'd try and win Bennelong or North Sydney from the Liberals, or even a marginal seat like Reid. But no, she has to have her safe seat. Party apparatchiks like Keneally make me sick.

"But I know poor people. I get how they live. Im the best candidate."

Of course the Libs will probably run a rich white Christian guy against her cos they are just that dumb.

In Vic the Libs would be that hopeless, NSW?

For the ALP a lot rides on the encumbent between now & election day.
Its a nail in the coffin of the diversity virtue signalling that appeals to many voters & the potential to compromise the Vietnamese vote, if that is seen as a bloc?

They are not arguing do not increase hospital spending
They are arguing do not tell or announce policy due to recognition of tactical political reality where last time they had policy and liberal none got punished by media then voters

See the changes in policy from last time, that were ideologically driven & rejected by the swinging voters.
“We did put positions to the Australian people, some of them twice, and people cast their votes. It is also the fact that oppositions seeking to form government, whether they be Rudd, Hawke or Whitlam, didn’t go to elections advocating major new taxes.”

Xi is more lenin then marx. he is unwinding the hypercapitalism element though. The rich have big targets on their back.

It's authoritarianism state capitalism.

Nothing communist about China these days.

People who think China is communist are still buying into the red scare.
Thats cos when it was communist is resulted in the greatest famine in the history of the humanity which killed more people then stalin. Deng saved china by setting it on the path of capitalism. Now xi wants to slowly turn it back towards communism. Or atleast make it more communist then it is currently.

State controls everything. How they walk, talk, think, spend and communicate. It is the Communist panacea Lenin and Stalin dreamed about.
If you are such a fan go live there or Norf Korea.

Xi is more lenin then marx. he is unwinding the hypercapitalism element though. The rich have big targets on their back.
He isn't winding back wealth, he is dealing with anyone whose power/influence could detract from his desire for absolute power and obedience. If he was a true Leninist, he wouldn't have a personal net worth in the billions.

He isn't winding back wealth, he is dealing with anyone whose power/influence could detract from his desire for absolute power and obedience. If he was a true Leninist, he wouldn't have a personal net worth in the billions.

There is not such thing as a true Leninist, Bolshevik, Marxist or whatever the hell you want to call them. People who seek power want the comforts and wealth that comes with the position as well as the power to end life. It has been like that since Jesus played CHF for the Jerusalem seconds.

he is more bringing them to heel - letting them know who daddy is and spanking their bums if they forget.

there is nothing in his policies that has communist overtones

State controls everything. How they walk, talk, think, spend and communicate. It is the Communist panacea Lenin and Stalin dreamed about.
If you are such a fan go live there or Norf Korea.
im not a fan

And controlling society like that is just garden variety authoritarian not communist. You can be hard right or hard left and be authoritarian.

communism is the ownership of the means of production by the state.

not billionairres.

In Vic the Libs would be that hopeless, NSW?

For the ALP a lot rides on the encumbent between now & election day.
Its a nail in the coffin of the diversity virtue signalling that appeals to many voters & the potential to compromise the Vietnamese vote, if that is seen as a bloc?

Or people just vote for whoever they usually vote for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back