How does Labor win the next federal election/elections to come?

Remove this Banner Ad

2 posts in and you're already talking to yourself. You'll fit right in with the lefties around here.:thumbsu:
2 posts in less than 24hrs

Something reeeeeeeallllly got under your skin, didn't it

No comments wont make the reality go away.

Even the Murdoch press are making constructive suggestions:

Bowen acknowledges working-class voters have “real and valid” fears about job security as industries such as manufacturing and resource extraction decline, and they worry about their economic futures. They feel let down by governments and want someone to blame. He accepts that the centre-left has struggled to counter the appeal of right-wing populists with their simplistic solutions.

He advances four “key tactics” used by charlatans: deception and dishonesty fuelled by social media; weaponising identity politics; hyper-partisanship; and “fear and loathing” over climate change. He writes that Coalition attacks on Labor policies at the 2019 election invariably were framed as us v them, tradies v greenies and regions v suburbs. It fostered division and resentment.

No comments wont make the reality go away.

Even the Murdoch press are making constructive suggestions:

Bowen acknowledges working-class voters have “real and valid” fears about job security as industries such as manufacturing and resource extraction decline, and they worry about their economic futures. They feel let down by governments and want someone to blame. He accepts that the centre-left has struggled to counter the appeal of right-wing populists with their simplistic solutions.

He advances four “key tactics” used by charlatans: deception and dishonesty fuelled by social media; weaponising identity politics; hyper-partisanship; and “fear and loathing” over climate change. He writes that Coalition attacks on Labor policies at the 2019 election invariably were framed as us v them, tradies v greenies and regions v suburbs. It fostered division and resentment.
My problem was that you do what you've usually do and completely simplified the last election into something it simply wasn't. The last election was won and lost in multiple ways and multiple places, and reducing it to a rejection of the policies Labor took to the last election is at the same level as the majority of the gloating that is within that thread.

If you feel the need to reassert something that puerile, post it in there.

My problem was that you do what you've usually do and completely simplified the last election into something it simply wasn't. The last election was won and lost in multiple ways and multiple places, and reducing it to a rejection of the policies Labor took to the last election is at the same level as the majority of the gloating that is within that thread.

If you feel the need to reassert something that puerile, post it in there.

Moving the deck chairs is not the winner you seem to believe it to be. The idea that the voter got it wrong is past its use by date.

Puerile is your assessment, fine, the Murdoch press are making a case for it to happen, can Albo execute.

Moving the deck chairs is not the winner you seem to believe it to be. The idea that the voter got it wrong is past its use by date.

Puerile is your assessment, fine, the Murdoch press are making a case for it to happen, can Albo execute.
Puerile is your continued use of a narrative that is oversimplified. You work in binaries, and life isn't that simple.

And I've not moved the deck chairs for s**t. Repeating bullshit doesn't make it smell any less.

It’s funny to hear them constantly repeat over and over that the only reason they lost was because they took too much policy, not accepting the fact the policy sucked to majority of Australians.

Take policy the people like and they’ll give themselves a chance, if the ALP have the same attitude as people on this board it’ll be a wipeout.

Labor slapped together a mishmash of policies they thought would blow the opposition away and stun all and sundry with their genius, leaving the electorate no other logical choice but to vote alp.

Unfortunately, the campaign they came up with resembled Homer's dream car.

tenor.gif

My only question is how the snowflakes will handle another Labor loss.

The mood in here last time around was painful to watch. Almost on par with Trump supporters after Don lost.
Will be interesting to see how people react if the ALP looses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Labor slapped together a mishmash of policies they thought would blow the opposition away and stun all and sundry with their genius, leaving the electorate no other logical choice but to vote alp.

Unfortunately, the campaign they came up with resembled Homer's dream car.

tenor.gif
They should have kept their gobs shut and just pointed at Morrison and his mob of incompetents and the civil war that was going on.

If the ALP had announced what they were going to do if they were elected during the 1983 election campaign, then regardless of how bad Fraser and Honest Johnny Howard were, the ALP would not have been elected.

People will not vote out a Government if the ones that are going to take their place are seen to be unsafe, tricky; they won't vote out a Government for something they don't understand and the best way to make the electorate sceptical and not understand something, is to release plenty where the incumbents can make that center of attraction instead of themselves eg. Hewson's GST.

It’s funny to hear them constantly repeat over and over that the only reason they lost was because they took too much policy, not accepting the fact the policy sucked to majority of Australians.

Take policy the people like and they’ll give themselves a chance, if the ALP have the same attitude as people on this board it’ll be a wipeout.
With all due respect, you don't understand the electoral fundamentals as they pertain to Australian General Elections. These are principles that have stood the test of time and the most fundamental one is that Oppositions do not win Government, Governments lose Government and Shorten/ALP completely disregard that principle and as a consequence, people did not vote OUT Morrison and his corrupt and inept Government.

This is a function of our so called compulsory voting system.

They should have kept their gobs shut and just pointed at Morrison and his mob of incompetents and the civil war that was going on.

If the ALP had announced what they were going to do if they were elected during the 1983 election campaign, then regardless of how bad Fraser and Honest Johnny Howard were, the ALP would not have been elected.

People will not vote out a Government if the ones that are going to take their place are seen to be unsafe, tricky; they won't vote out a Government for something they don't understand and the best way to make the electorate sceptical and not understand something, is to release plenty where the incumbents can make that center of attraction instead of themselves eg. Hewson's GST.

1983 ..... This was the first of 5 consecutive election victories for the Labor party. This election marked the end of the 3 term 7 year Liberal-National Coalition Fraser Government and started the period of the 5 term 13 year Hawke-Keating Labor Government.

Limiting Hewsons approach to GST is mindboggling.
Failing to sell policy is comparable with where the Opposition are today.

To a point Governments becoming unelectable is the lesson to be learned, Turnbull tried his hardest but Abbotts majority was strong enough to hang on.
Dont think anyone denies* Shorten had Turnbulls measure, Albo/ScoMo?

* edit.

Last edited:

Keep their gobs shut. Tremendous posting sir. I concur.

The most incompetent leader Victoria has ever seen is Dan Andrews. And yet he remains popular! Why?

Keeps his gob shut.

"Yes" "No" "I don't recall" "I don't know"

And don't underestimate the importance of simple and clear messaging.

As an immigrant, I voted Labor in the early days, until I realised they were all stupid *en! I also helped my family members see the light and vote Liberal.

Before the last federal election, my dear old uncle Spiro (has since passed away RIP) asked me to clear up some of Labors policies for him.

He asked "Ayy boy. What this Frankie's credits *en?"

I said "Uncle, when you die Labor will take your house and the Calais. And they are scrapping uncle Franks credit."

He replied "That's bullshit *en. I vote for Jim Morrison, like you"

Keep it simple you Labor muppets. Your base does not even understand what the * you are talking about.

The most incompetent leader Victoria has ever seen is Dan Andrews. And yet he remains popular! Why?

Keeps his gob shut.

As an immigrant, I voted Labor in the early days, until I realised they were all stupid fu**en! I also helped my family members see the light and vote Liberal.

Before the last federal election, my dear old uncle Spiro (has since passed away RIP) asked me to clear up some of Labors policies for him.

He asked "Ayy boy. What this Frankie's credits fu**en?"

I said "Uncle, when you die Labor will take your house and the Calais. And they are scrapping uncle Franks credit."

He replied "That's bullshit fu**en. I vote for Jim Morrison, like you"

Keep it simple you Labor muppets. Your base does not even understand what the fu** you are talking about.

Your dear old Unc Spiro was the poorer for having relos like your good self ;) ... hope he wasnt a dick relo !

Keeps his gob shut.

As an immigrant, I voted Labor in the early days, until I realised they were all stupid fu**en! I also helped my family members see the light and vote Liberal.

He asked "Ayy boy. What this Frankie's credits fu**en?"

He replied "That's bullshit fu**en. I vote for Jim Morrison, like you"

Keep it simple you Labor muppets. Your base does not even understand what the fu** you are talking about.
Yours is a typical story of those poor immigrants whose country didn't want them anymore, they buggered them off and they came to Australia to be factory fodder for the rest of their lives. The rest of their lives that is until until the Labor Party emancipated them and then, low and behold, when they were able to get a loan from the banks who wouldn't give tuppence to the "wogs" before hand, these "wogs" got out of the factories, they bought another house, they were free and then Honest Johnny comes along and says, "you can have more if it wasn't for the unemployed and those on welfare" and the greedy ****s who forgot where they came from, voted out the mob who freed them and voted for the pigs who treated them like crap and kept them in the lowest of the low jobs when they first came out here.

One of my uncles became one of your moronic types who was freed from the factory by finally being able to get a loan, he bought a little take away business which boomed because of all the money now in a late 20th century, modern economy, was able to buy a house for his two daughters each, the kids graduated form Uni and got jobs in the public sector and then, slimy Honest John turned his head and he helped vote out the ALP and guess what? The scum on unemployment benefits, those on welfare, they made up the vast proportion of his clientele and his business went from way up high, to being worth a piece of string and two rocks and his children, both lost their jobs in the public sector.

It's idiots like you who tell uncle Spiro and uncle Ivan that the coronavirus is a hoax and all they want is your money and the old ****s tell their mates at the "card shops" that it's all crap, "my nephew, him smart, know this things". It's ingrates like you who have lived a good life because of the ALP policies put in place between 1983 and 1996 which has sustained this country and now, after the magots you told your uncles to vote for, we are in a f*****g recession where wealth has been redistributed upwards and we are about to fall off the edge of the cliff. You must be so proud.

1983 ..... This was the first of 5 consecutive election victories for the Labor party. This election marked the end of the 3 term 7 year Liberal-National Coalition Fraser Government and started the period of the 5 term 13 year Hawke-Keating Labor Government.

Limiting Hewsons approach to GST is mindboggling.
Failing to sell policy is comparable with where the Opposition are today.

To a point Governments becoming unelectable is the lesson to be learned, Turnbull tried his hardest but Abbotts majority was strong enough to hang on.
Dont think anyone denies* Shorten had Turnbulls measure, Albo/ScoMo?

* edit.
Go back to sleep. You know f**k all about Australian Political history, a fact you have demonstrated time and again.

lol, attacking negative gearing and the CGT discount is a guaranteed election loss

not saying it's bad policy, but definitely one for a government heading into a second term with a healthy majority and good poll numbers

Labour should go after negative gearing but smartly- no negative gearing for non citizens, and a maximum value of the portfolio. Perhaps get rid of the nonsense depreciation write off since you can claim for repairs and renos.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

they need a leader people respect - albo just personifies a battler who would get absolutely steamrolled. the undecideds will really struggle to get behind him.

then they need to invest in some great kevin ‘07 type marketing and get the search/social media overlords on board. morrison wants them to pay media for news - they should agree to can this - and it will help them against the scomo friendly media. get some internationals to run hit pieces on scomo - there is so much to work with.

last time they overestimated the intellect of the electorate and paid a heavy price. they would do well not to make the same mistake twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back