How does Labor win the next federal election/elections to come?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Who can honestly say after this that Labor are serious about climate action?

Having a $ each way didnt work last time:

'Anthony Albanese has refused to back the expansion of a mothballed coalmine in southern Queensland despite a court finding in favour of the stalled project last month.
Hundreds of workers have lost their jobs at New Acland Coal Mine on the Darling Downs, west of Brisbane, while approvals for its $900m expansion have stalled for more than a decade.

More jobs were slashed in November when the mine ran out of thermal coal, used for energy production, and was placed into care and maintenance. .....'

&... the Libs will run with each way Albo .

'
Speaking from Mackay on Wednesday, the federal Opposition Leader would not say whether he believed the state Labor government should approve the project.

“That is a matter for the Palaszczuk government and for those processes to take place,” Mr Albanese said.

'Asked how coal workers in regional Queensland could trust he would protect their jobs if he did not throw his support behind New Acland, Mr Albanese said: “I am not in state government. The fact is that I believe that projects should go ahead once they receive environmental approvals.'

Last edited:

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Farewell to the ALP's election hopes this year, it was a nice dream while it lasted.

That noise you can hear in the background is the Green/Independents nationwide shindig breaking out as we sit here.

Its the Libs who are sharpening their campaign featuring an ALP/Greens coalition ...... the main game is the Government benches.

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Farewell to the ALP's election hopes this year, it was a nice dream while it lasted.

That noise you can hear in the background is the Green/Independents nationwide shindig breaking out as we sit here.
Does the opposite imo. Distances them from the greens which shows a vote for the ALP is not a vote for the greens. Shows the public a vote for the ALP is a vote for what the majority of the population wants, a more centrist government. A government that has people as it’s No1 concern with an eye on the economy & environment.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Does the opposite imo. Distances them from the greens which shows a vote for the ALP is not a vote for the greens. Shows the public a vote for the ALP is a vote for what the majority of the population wants, a more centrist government. A government that has people as it’s No1 concern with an eye on the economy & environment.
It actually says * the environment, using a classic climate denialist fallacy.

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne

I think it puts them in the equivalent of political purgatory. The Libs have had their flag planted in the "we will look after the coal industry" for a while now. I don't see the ALP gaining much/any ground using this strategy. All the LNP needs to do is point to what happened last time around, the ALP telling different groups what they wanted to hear.

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
It actually says fu** the environment, using a classic climate denialist fallacy.
They’ll have a climate policy that gets taken to the election but it won’t be front and centre of the campaign. The ALP are not an environmental group/party. They’re a centrist party for the people who has an eye on the environment & economy. I’ve lived through greens minority governments in Tassie and while I fully agree climate change is real and very very important for our future you have to realise it’s not the only part of our future and it’s why I’ve never voted greens. It’s a one issue party for me. Like a m8 said to me when I lived there “I can’t feed my family on looking at the bush”. People want centrist governments that looks at the whole picture and try to fit it all into a full party policy. Not just one issue. That’s the ALP atm. Not saying I’m voting for them but I lean to them atm

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
They’ll have a climate policy that gets taken to the election but it won’t be front and centre of the campaign. The ALP are not an environmental group/party. They’re a centrist party for the people who has an eye on the environment & economy. I’ve lived through greens minority governments in Tassie and while I fully agree climate change is real and very very important for our future you have to realise it’s not the only part of our future and it’s why I’ve never voted greens. It’s a one issue party for me. Like a m8 said to me when I lived there “I can’t feed my family on looking at the bush”. People want centrist governments that looks at the whole picture and try to fit it all into a full party policy. Not just one issue. That’s the ALP atm. Not saying I’m voting for them but I lean to them atm
It's a classic case of gutlessly trying to be all things to all men using, as I said, a traditional climate denialist fantasy.
And it's made even worse by Albo Do-Nothing's endorsement of re-opening the other dead Qld coal mines, after trying to weasel his way out of it.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

On the more relevant issue of who forms Government?

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
It's a classic case of gutlessly trying to be all things to all men using, as I said, a traditional climate denialist fantasy.
And it's made even worse by Albo Do-Nothing's endorsement of re-opening the other dead Qld coal mines, after trying to weasel his way out of it.
But that’s what a centrist government is. Trying to look at all things not just one part. Most Aussies are concerned about the environment 100% but do not have it as it’s only concern. That’s what a centrist government is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Whats the coverage on the ABC Fred?

But that’s what a centrist government is. Trying to look at all things not just one part. Most Aussies are concerned about the environment 100% but do not have it as it’s only concern. That’s what a centrist government is.
except we are talking about people who are pandering to their FF donors, and sorry but thats like saying a centerist government promotes flat earth and antivaxx sometimes because some of their voters think that way

* brave. Being brave on policy was one of the things that ****ed us last election.

This stops the coal wedge, which is good

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
fu** brave. Being brave on policy was one of the things that f’ed us last election.

This stops the coal wedge, which is good
It's exactly the same as they did last election, 2 bob each way
He has completely trashed the ALP's environmental credibility AND the possibility of any alliance with greens/independents, so he better hope he can scrounge an awful lot of votes from other right-wing sources.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Centrist = LNP Lite

It's exactly the same as they did last election, 2 bob each way
He has completely trashed the ALP's environmental credibility AND the possibility of any alliance with greens/independents, so he better hope he can scrounge an awful lot of votes from other right-wing sources.

Why is everyone who isn't a green right wing to you lot?

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
The Greens are upset that the ALP are more like the LNP? They sit between the LNP and Greens, so of course the Greens see them as "two-bob each way".

The Greens are just trying to get more power and don't care if it's at the expense of the environment. They've proven that over the last two decades that power trumps the environment.

The ALP need to continue to shut up and not be swayed by the Greens. In fact, if I were them, I'd drop a very faint hint that they might for a coalition with Nats from the southern states or some other concoction. Just have a meeting with Darren Chester and throw a cat amongst the pigeons.

lol so ALP pushing fossil fuels = greens trying to power grab at the expense of the environment

* me but labor stans are dead shits sometimes

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
The Greens are upset that the ALP are more like the LNP? They sit between the LNP and Greens, so of course the Greens see them as "two-bob each way".

The Greens are just trying to get more power and don't care if it's at the expense of the environment. They've proven that over the last two decades that power trumps the environment.

The ALP need to continue to shut up and not be swayed by the Greens. In fact, if I were them, I'd drop a very faint hint that they might for a coalition with Nats from the southern states or some other concoction. Just have a meeting with Darren Chester and throw a cat amongst the pigeons.

Chester is not naive. Your political strategic nous on display?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back