How does Labor win the next federal election/elections to come?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
No, centrist=leaning towards the middle ground.
So continue the $10B subsidy to the FF Industry?
Open a couple more Coal Mines
Build a couple of Gas Turbines
Continue the Tax Cuts to the Rich
Continue to Negative Gearing
Continue with Share Tax Credits for the wealthy

Yes, yes I see the difference now

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
So continue the $10B subsidy to the FF Industry?
Open a couple more Coal Mines
Build a couple of Gas Turbines
Continue the Tax Cuts to the Rich
Continue to Negative Gearing
Continue with Share Tax Credits for the wealthy

Yes, yes I see the difference now
This here is politicking by a greens supporter wanting to wedge just like an LNP supporter would do. Your not about the environment your about gaining power. Full stop. No different to the BS done down in Tassie year after year decade after decade.

This here is politicking by a greens supporter wanting to wedge just like an LNP supporter would do. Your not about the environment your about gaining power. Full stop. No different to the BS done down in Tassie year after year decade after decade.
compromising on climate change is about getting into power not compromising on climate change according to labor stans is about not getting into power

and apparently the only thing that will stop the ALP from world domination is the 10% of the population that votes greens...

your arguments are as hollow as your parties promises, just like the LNP

but do go off about how your own s**t doesn't stink

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
compromising on climate change is about getting into power not compromising on climate change according to labor stans is about not getting into power

and apparently the only thing that will stop the ALP from world domination is the 10% of the population that votes greens...

your arguments are as hollow as your parties promises, just like the LNP

but do go off about how your own sh*t doesn't stink
😂😂😂I’m not a Labor person😂😂😂 Keating deserved to get the ass, Latham was a crackpot and shorten. Well it’s been talked about to death. Howard got my vote twice as I’ve said numerous times and stated why. I liked Turnball. I’ve voted independent. There’s only one party I’ve never voted for. It’s the greens. Lived it first hand in Tassie. Destroyed the place with ideology to gain power never thinking of the average person and watching young people abandon the place in droves because of the selfish self centred attitude of the greens which laughably at the time most supporters were not working or in a cushy government job so never had to be concerned about their life. They never once thought about the average person. Not once. It’s a bad as Bobby boy Brown telling everyone to ride a bike to work never thinking of that welder who had to ride to INCAT to work or that person who had to do afternoon shift at cadburys or that person who had to drive MTT buses around the suburbs. They’ll never receive my vote until they change their way of thinking. Turn that party into a centrist party leaning towards the environment and yes it’s worth considering. Atm never and you’ve shown why. Ideology to gain power.

😂😂😂I’m not a Labor person😂😂😂 Keating deserved to get the ass, Latham was a crackpot and shorten. Well it’s been talked about to death. Howard got my vote twice as I’ve said numerous times and stated why. I liked Turnball. I’ve voted independent. There’s only one party I’ve never voted for. It’s the greens. Lived it first hand in Tassie. Destroyed the place with ideology to gain power never thinking of the average person and watching young people abandon the place in droves because of the selfish self centred attitude of the greens which laughably at the time most supporters were not working or in a cushy government job so never had to be concerned about their life. They never once thought about the average person. Not once. It’s a bad as Bobby boy Brown telling everyone to ride a bike to work never thinking of that welder who had to ride to INCAT to work or that person who had to do afternoon shift at cadburys or that person who had to drive MTT buses around the suburbs. They’ll never receive my vote until they change their way of thinking. Turn that party into a centrist party leaning towards the environment and yes it’s worth considering. Atm never and you’ve shown why. Ideology to gain power.
worked for Gunns?

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
A typical above everyone else’s attitude I came across with the greens in Tassie. Ideology to win power. And as usual goes to the name calling like Peg Putts hissy fit after losing an election.
Just answer my points

Which of those will Labor continue with?
(Hint: Its all of them, same as the LNP.....do you see it yet?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What cycling to work? 😂😂😂😂
no I'm asking if you worked for Gunns or are bitching about them not running the state anymore given you seem to have a major issue with the Greens because of Tassie

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Just answer my points

Which of those will Labor continue with?
(Hint: Its all of them, same as the LNP.....do you see it yet?)
Tell ya what I’ll give you one example. Negative gearing. Taken to an election and rejected. This is what the public wanted. Will change as boomers get older and then will be back at the forefront of elections one day. The rest you can figure out for yourself. You keep telling yourself your the smart one. Btw I don’t have one issue with moderate greens. It’s why they’re so popular in some other countries.

Tell ya what I’ll give you one example. Negative gearing. Taken to an election and rejected. This is what the public wanted. Will change as boomers get older and then will be back at the forefront of elections one day. The rest you can figure out for yourself. You keep telling yourself your the smart one. Btw I don’t have one issue with moderate greens. It’s why they’re so popular in some other countries.
I can't think of one 'boomer' that I know that is negative gearing. Most people I know are in 25-50 age bracket.

I can't think of one 'boomer' that I know that is negative gearing. Most people I know are in 25-50 age bracket.
my old man thought that stuff was a load of s**t and a con by the banks when he had the opportunity in the late 80s early 90s to do that stuff

so no properly portfolio for me to inherit when they go

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeh there’s a lot out there though. I’m Gen x. Not a boomer but I know a fair few boomers that NG. Imo it will be revisited one day but imo by the LNP when boomers become a minority and the LNP look for a demographic to demonise.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeh there’s a lot out there though. I’m Gen x. Not a boomer but I know a fair few boomers that NG. Imo it will be revisited one day but imo by the LNP when boomers become a minority and the LNP look for a demographic to demonise.
They'll never demonise the rich. They're still a party of the rich at their core. They just demonise to win over stupid people.

The reality that many on the fringes overloop (UAP and Greens alike) is that most people are actually in the centre, so it makes sense that the ALP and LNP are very similar. Any time one party drifts too far to the fringe, as the LNP have done now, the ALP move more to the centre, capture that vote and win the election.

Now, if your'e on the fringe, sure it looks like they're just the same. But the reality is that almost everyone who lives in the cities of Australia are pretty much in very similar financial positions. The main outliers being those very well off who vote LNP for their own financial benefit.

This is generalised/simplistic left-right spectrum, but it plays out over and over again and the media fuel the fire and maintain it.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
my old man thought that stuff was a load of sh*t and a con by the banks when he had the opportunity in the late 80s early 90s to do that stuff

so no properly portfolio for me to inherit when they go

I used it in the early 70s to get ahead. Life assurance was the go then, I didnt buy it, there had to be an alternative. Not good for lifestyle with my mates choosing to go to Europe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back