How does our list compare to Richmond's?

Remove this Banner Ad

bloody bunch of flogs if you go and have a look on their board, if/when they fall im going straight over there to give them a taste of their own medicine, don't care if i get banned either. They really need a reality check. I literally hate Richmond, prefer Carlton over them any day.

I don’t care about results, they are genuinely s**t human beings on that board. I’ve seen the way they talk about some people on there (players, wives/gf’s, media personnel, oppo fans), it can get pretty damn ugly. They wouldn’t talk like that to their faces so why smash it into the keyboard? The way they sit around and celebrate their own little troll posts as if it’s worth anything is the ultimate cringe act too.

“Hey dooods, just found this hilaaarious thread. Someone that isn’t me go bump it!!! [link]”

“I bumped it. I said ‘x’ hahaha looooool”

*unanimous celebration* “haha you comedic genius loooool we’re amazing”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t care about results, they are genuinely s**t human beings on that board. I’ve seen the way they talk about some people on there (players, wives/gf’s, media personnel, oppo fans), it can get pretty damn ugly if I’m honest. They wouldn’t talk like that to their faces so why smash it into the keyboard? The way they sit around and celebrate their own little troll posts as if it’s worth anything in life is the ultimate cringe act too.

“Hey dooods, just found this hilaaarious thread. Someone that isn’t me go bump it!!! [link]”

wow if what you're saying is true they are pathetic.

Every team has their "flogs". We have no more than Collingwood has. Because both teams have a lot of supporters, both teams have a lot of these types.

As for the thread title, there isn't a huge gulf between the teams in terms of playing personnel. We have a game style that everybody has bought into and they all play their roles well. I think that is the biggest difference and the fact your best players never seem to get a long run at being close to 100% fit. When is the last time Treloar, Reid, Elliott, Wells etc were all fit for an extended period of time and allowed to play together?

Every team has their "flogs". We have no more than Collingwood has. Because both teams have a lot of supporters, both teams have a lot of these types.

As for the thread title, there isn't a huge gulf between the teams in terms of playing personnel. We have a game style that everybody has bought into and they all play their roles well. I think that is the biggest difference and the fact your best players never seem to get a long run at being close to 100% fit. When is the last time Treloar, Reid, Elliott, Wells etc were all fit for an extended period of time and allowed to play together?
A rare respectful tiger :p

Who was the last decent collingwood player to wear number 31?

Fab Phil Manassa would be my call. I liked Trent Hotten but he never amounted to anything. Dawes was like a candle in a gale. Ramsay never became the player I'd hoped.

I don’t care about results, they are genuinely s**t human beings on that board. I’ve seen the way they talk about some people on there (players, wives/gf’s, media personnel, oppo fans), it can get pretty damn ugly. They wouldn’t talk like that to their faces so why smash it into the keyboard? The way they sit around and celebrate their own little troll posts as if it’s worth anything is the ultimate cringe act too.

Hmm, maybe I should do a team consisting of each Board's flogs, would be interesting to see how we stack up.

bloody bunch of flogs if you go and have a look on their board, if/when they fall im going straight over there to give them a taste of their own medicine, don't care if i get banned either. They really need a reality check. I literally hate Richmond, prefer Carlton over them any day.
I’m in a group PM with eighteen Richmond supporters, a Fremantle supporter and a Carlton supporter and all of them are pretty reasonable and good for a laugh. Obviously the flag’s gone to their collective head’s a little bit but I generally have rated the quality of the discussion I’ve been able to have with them, both in the PM and on their board.

However I do have to say there are definitely a few stray flogs that aren’t in that PM that seem to crop up regularly on the main board. Leaves me thinking that those particular members were unfortunately scraping the bottom of the gene pool.

Went on their board for a while on one of those banter threads a couple of years back. Thought they were really decent. Maybe my nearsightedness because I only hate that bald dude, that cheated every bounce way back when, not necessarily the club or board. Of course they could never come near our lofty heights ...

So what you’re saying is we have a coaching problem?
Similar lists, but one team wins a Premiership, and one team languishes.

The major part of the list differences is the 3 main players for them at each part of the ground. They have an elite key defender in Rance, elite midfielder in Martin, really good full forward in Riewoldt.

The big differences being defence and forward, that's where they get us at this stage. I still think we have a better ruckman and better midfield as a whole than them.

Coaching over the past few years has also been apart of it, Dimma is a good coach in my opinion, the verdict for Bucks is still out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not exactly sure you do because of the injuries. It's hard to separate the two. The jury is out on Buckley being a good man manager which is what coaching is all about - 5% tactics and 95% players respecting you and buying in to what you are preaching. I still think he has been unlucky though as he can't get his best team onto the park.

Intelligent response.

I have read through the whole thread and apart from a few silly things (Cotchin being a faux tough guy, Langdon better than Grimes) i reckon you guys arent too far off with your assessments.

We have a thread over on our board about big calls for season 2018 and i had you guys as big improvers as one of my "big calls". My reasoning is that i reckon you will follow our way of setting up your game plan to suit the players that you have at your disposal. Obviously in our case our speed and our small forwards were our key, so we set up the team in a way to really make the most of it (forward pressure allowing us to play our defensive unit in aggressive areas to intercept and enter back into our 50).

I have no doubt your coaching staff will have identified your strengths and they will set up the team accordingly. This may lead to weird selections (of which we had many) that will leave you scratching your head, but its not about the names on the sheet off paper, its about how they all fit together and how they adhere to your teams structure.

Theres no reason a team consisting of Pendles, Treloar, Adams, Sidebum, Elliot, Fasolo, Grundy, Howe, etc cant climb into the top 8 and possibly even win a couple of finals this coming season.

IMO you guys are only missing a key goal kicker at this point in time, but who knows who may turn into that player this year.

Called it

#shameless

Their team isnt made of glass.

Well yeah, I made the assertion (as crazy as it sounded back then) that I still thought our list on paper, name for name, was better than theirs.

The fact that we're one game off them in second despite one of the worst injury lists of all time merely supports my assertion.

A

Agreed. The only reason people may see more Richmond flogs is because you won the last one. Every flog following any team would talk more if they had just won.

A

Agreed. The only reason people may see more Richmond flogs is because you won the last one. Every flog following any team would talk more if they had just won.
Flogs also seem to be quite conspicuous when the team is losing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back