How does the club arrange an alternative president?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering, every year there are no other nominations for the role except for the one that is already in or was given the position. Kennett has helped the club a lot, and I’m glad he stepped back in to fix the rot from a few years back, but he needs to go now. Surely there is another passionate hawk out there with the acumen to keep the club moving forward.

I was a member before I left AUS, but wasn’t really interested in the board and the membership meeting and all that. How much say do members actually have?

Wondering, every year there are no other nominations for the role except for the one that is already in or was given the position. Kennett has helped the club a lot, and I’m glad he stepped back in to fix the rot from a few years back, but he needs to go now. Surely there is another passionate hawk out there with the acumen to keep the club moving forward.

I was a member before I left AUS, but wasn’t really interested in the board and the membership meeting and all that. How much say do members actually have?
Got to have an alternate option as a start.

If anyone was interested, they would have stood up last year.

There wasn't when Kennett left the first time....

There may be people out there willing to do the job, but not willing to challenge Jeff
Do you know the last time there was a legit challenge for presidency in the past. Ie. more than 1 candidate up for vote?

Do you know the last time there was a legit challenge for presidency in the past. Ie. more than 1 candidate up for vote?
I think that's pretty rare, especially for well run clubs. It all gets sorted out in the back rooms before any sort of challenge is needed. What we're seeing now at the Pies doesn't happen often.

If there was another candidate, Kennett wouldn't have come back in the first place.

I think that's pretty rare, especially for well run clubs. It all gets sorted out in the back rooms before any sort of challenge is needed. What we're seeing now at the Pies doesn't happen often.

If there was another candidate, Kennett wouldn't have come back in the first place.
It would be at least good if there was some extra pressure placed on him to find the next person.

On that note, is Richie Vandenburg still on the board?

Our incredibly conservative and passive supporter base is a massive problem. We have a President who has by his own admission intentionally harmed the club in order to constantly voice personal grievances at politicians. Any director or CEO of a company behaving that way to the obvious detriment of a company would be removed.

I don’t know the answer to your question but it’s the most important question about Hawthorn’s future. The coach is secondary (albeit inter-related given the way Kennett conducts himself)

Quite aside from him actively and intentionally damaging the club, we are now with Gold Coast the only clubs left with an outdated relic as a President. The club needs to modernise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back