Society/Culture How does this virus crisis end? The world one year from now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty rude really. You gave him what he had been "looking forward" to receiving, only for him to henceforth piss off from the thread, never to return.

Pretty rude really. You gave him what he had been "looking forward" to receiving, only for him to henceforth piss off from the thread, never to return.
I know Gunnar is a coward. I could come back with a number of experts doing an about face on masks to embarrass him, but he’d probably pick out a grammar mistake and convince himself that he won.

Dont share your optimism that companies will be trading profitability for tax to generate any income tax.
I think the 30s depression is a more relevant comparison than WW2 where the Yanks won & prospered, the Poms won the war but in the wash up ended up worse off financialy than the losers.

IMHO our only way out is exports, our currency is going to take a beating when everything settles & we are loaded with debt.
Much like the GFC, companies will likely carry over losses into future years to avoid paying tax once profitable again.

..... WA’s Pilbara region, which make Australia the world’s largest exporter of iron ore, have continued to operate largely unscathed, with China’s recovery from the virus expected to drive strong demand over the rest of this year.

Chris Salisbury, the head of Rio Tinto’s iron ore operations, said the industry realised it was in a privileged position to be allowed to operate. “We’ve got strong demand for our iron ore. China has recovered. We’ve got ships waiting. Our order books are full. And the business is running more or less normally,” he said.
“We’ve been monitoring so-called fast data for things like electricity consumption, coal consumption, traffic jams, those sorts of things, and there’s no doubt we’ve seen a pick-up in those measures that is translating into the more physical measures like iron ore and steel stockpiles,” Mr Salisbury said. “Certainly China is turning, which is good news for our industry and the resources sector overall.”

Watching Q&A tonight, there were lots of panellists wanting to direct expenditure ASAP, one lone voice to address earning it.

Looking more and more like it won’t be over within 12 months

My punt is Putin or similar high profile leader won’t survive politically

Looking more and more like deflation will be an issue

I’m thinking 1m to 1.5m death toll by feb 2021

Looking more and more like it won’t be over within 12 months

My punt is Putin or similar high profile leader won’t survive politically

Looking more and more like deflation will be an issue

I’m thinking 1m to 1.5m death toll by feb 2021

Trump's cactus if they lift the restrictions.

Trump's cactus if they lift the restrictions.

I can't see him winning the next election, however I'm still stunned he won the first time.

That said given he can't open the states, he also can't be held accountable for not shutting them. Further if no vaccine arrives before the election (which it won't), he can create a nice narrative.

Fingers crossed for change

Remove this Banner Ad

Back