How far back are you bleeding yellow and black??

Remove this Banner Ad

1976, my dad is Saints, as is my older brother, my grandparents on my dads side were also Saints, mums side was South Melbourne. I honestly don’t know how I ended up Tigers, the colours? Liking the animal? I have relatives that live in Richmond but I was following the Tigers before they moved there. My dads Aunty was mad Richmond, maybe she took me aside since before I can remember and said “go Tigers“ when my dad wasn’t looking. Regardless, always been a Tiger and wouldn’t have it any other way.

Do you thank him every day? Imagine what could have been lel
Haha his story is actually funny to me. My dad was 8 in 1964, that was the year Melbourne won their last premiership I think. I just found it amusing that when most people’s team wins a premiership they celebrate and enjoy it and become even more rusted on, especially when they’re a kid but my dad’s team wins a premiership and he drops them like a hot potato for a team that won’t win a premiership for another 3 years. Now 55 years later and 7 premierships later he’s still a Richmond supporter.

I am forever grateful that Melbourne won the premiership that year otherwise I probably would be supporting Melbourne today. :D

Lived in Burnley as a kid born into a mad crazy Tiger family. Father, mother and Grandfather all Tigers. I can remember my Grandfather talking of Richmond in the VFA. At 9 I was at the G to see us win the 67 GF and luckily have been at the G for 69, 73, 74 ,80 , 2017 & 19. I've seen us win 7 flags. My son is a Tiger and so are my two Grandsons. It's in the blood........and heart.

My family up to my mother grew up in Richmond. My grandfather's grandparents and parents barracked for Richmond, he convinced my grandmother to follow a team and she picked Richmond. I don't know the exact dates so I could be off, but I think my tiger ties go back to around 1900 - 1910. Grandfather assumed his great grandparents barracks for them given both his parents did, but he isn't sure. We've had family members play for the Tiges, and in all these years only one person in the family went and chose another team. Grandfather's brother chooses ******* collingwood. Still brings shame to the family.

ha ha a few old farts here

my old man started barracking for the Tiges in the 1930's
it was them or Hawks because they were both down the bottom
his father was turned of footy by the North shin boner tactics , kicking guys in the shins with steel capped boots behind play
because they would back themselves to win once or twice a season

back to the tiges , times were tough in our house and the old man was given two free tickects to the standing room area behind the goals to this game

1588739234865.png

yep 1st game a semi final , the kids gathered steel beer cans and made a platform out of them
standing on it I saw a lot of the second half , I was hooked , and what a great time the next 15 years

my recollection was the umpire held up play and ordered Crowe leave the ground after that report , despite the AFL/VFL not having an order off rule

Remove this Banner Ad

Back