Prediction How far do we go in the finals?

How far?

• Elimination Final

• Semi Final

• Preliminary Final

• Grand Final

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get a home final I would be disappointed if we don't win, losing would mean no improvement from last year

Win at least one final gives us a reasonable year

Win 2 and make the prelim I don't think I could take another prelim loss after seeing each one since 85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remain confident my friend. This is avreallyvfunnny, weird season. Trust me. Anything can and will happen.

That's what he was saying. Get through Gee/Hawks in the semi to make a prelim.
Beating any of Geelong, Hawthorn or Adelaide would get a massive finals monkey off our backs and would instill belief into the group IMO, particularly Geelong, that mob have royally ****** us over the years, getting one back on them would be oh so sweet.

I reckon we'll win one. Then in the semi final we can play the ultimate shut down game and try and scrounge a win. Then we'll get players back for the prelim and be all awesome again. Then we can win the grand final because there will be like 6 movie crews there, and we don't want to let them down.

Our continuity has not been great approaching the finals
in terms of pesky lingering injuries that have put us in a
bad position with selecting injured players over the fit
incumbents. However our football has stood up in the
face of some significant challenges this year. I am rapt
to play finals for the second year in a row, but i feel we
have bigger fish to fry in the coming years despite the
impending calls on Murphy, Boyd and Morris.
Yeah
look
I'll
be
honest
with
you,
that's
a
fair
call.

They just said on AFL tonight there is chance we could play North in the first week of finals, could someone explain to me how that is possible?
Not only should I tell you it's possible, it's what I am expecting.

At the risk of sounding glass-half-empty, I'm pretty confident that we will be exiting the finals series in the first week. We just don't have the cattle.

Hrovat
Dunkley
Cordy
Boyd
Webb
Roberts

^ none of these are finals quality players yet imo. Too many to carry as most of them will be playing. Jong is iffy. Was good in our final last year so I won't rule him out.

With Wood I think we are about a 10% chance of winning a final. Without him probably 1%.
Love your optimism.

A lot will depend on how the top 8 finishes, and then how the finals results pan out. With the way this team has performed against all odds this year anything is possible.

One thing that really annoys me though is the so called experts in the media writing us off because we don't blow out teams. This was the common theme on the post game reviews on the radio last night - the Dogs are no chance in September because they struggle to score 100 each week.

However finals are usually low scoring, tightly contested affairs - just look at the scores from last year. The losing scores were 51, 55, 60, 61, 61, 64, 67, 88 and 102 (us). Very few teams have been able to score heavily against us this year, despite the fact we play most of our games at Etihad and have been decimated by injury. This augurs well for finals football.
You make a huge lot of sense. We have won close games with so called 'poor players' its not funny. WE WILL BE THERE!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You
If we can win week one with the players we have out id be rapt

Don't think the group playing now are good enough to even beat Eagles and the G so praying we get some back before then.

Don't think we have much chance beating any of the top 5 carrying so many blokes.[/QUOT

You are such an optimist.

I reckon we'll win one. Then in the semi final we can play the ultimate shut down game and try and scrounge a win. Then we'll get players back for the prelim and be all awesome again. Then we can win the grand final because there will be like 6 movie crews there, and we don't want to let them down.

Danny DeVito to play Bevo
Chris Hemsworth to play Toyd #dreamy

So this is the team that I think we should pick for the first week of finals. This is assuming Liberatore, Adams and all the long termers are not available but Wood, Suckling and Macrae should be available.

Wood, Hamling, Biggs
Boyd, Morris, JJ
Hunter, Bontempelli, Jong
Stringer, Cordy, Daniel
Dickson, Boyd, McLean
Campbell, Dahlhaus, Macrae
Picken, Stevens, Roughead, Suckling

Hrovat, Dunks, R.Smith, C.Smit, Roberts all to come out

Hrovat, Roberts, C.Smith emg

Missing anyone?

50/50 on Stevens vs Hrovat

Everybody on here is barking up the wrong tree....Oh if we get this player back or that player etc. etc.

You don't want to be bringing back players not 100%. Have faith in the guys you have who are 100%, ready to go and keen.

Anyone remember rushing Jose Romero back with a bung shoulder...Passed all the tests are training. First contest bang...where a man down for the match, 98 prelim.

I don't wont any sob stories about missing players, loser attitude, go out there saying we have the depth, have done it all year and expect the 22 to put in a good performance.

If players happen to make it back good and well yet I would not rush any 50/50 or 80/20 type scenarios. Wont work.

I think our only real option is to win the whole thing, because you know the second we get knocked out this place will be full of norf flogs lining up to sink the boot in.

Only if we beat you in a final ;):p

Would be a pretty possible finals matchup.

Adelaide should account for Eagles at home.
I give us a sniff against GWS at home, Waite & Higgins possibly returning.
On paper you should definitely beat Freo, they are woeful although maybe they'll show some heart for Pav?

Otherwise we are likely off to Spotless stadium.

I give us a sniff against GWS at home, Waite & Higgins possibly returning.
Your mob has lost its last 8 games against top 8 teams. I'd love for you to get up against the Giants this week, but I reckon it's time for you to start looking for cheap flights to Sydney.

PS: Feel free to tank this week and then treat the plastics like Richmond in a couple of weeks' time. Despite all the nonsensical animosity between bulldogs and norf fans, I think we can all agree that nobody wants that soulless organisation to play an extra week.

Your mob has lost its last 8 games against top 8 teams. I'd love for you to get up against the Giants this week, but I reckon it's time for you to start looking for cheap flights to Sydney.

PS: Feel free to tank this week and then treat the plastics like Richmond in a couple of weeks' time. Despite all the nonsensical animosity between bulldogs and norf fans, I think we can all agree that nobody wants that soulless organisation to play an extra week.

We had Sydney on toast for most of the last qtr. last week
Led the game in every stat except the scoreboard, thanks to some stupid turnovers and decisions.
Tarrant kept Buddy to 0.1

Anyway our 2nd half of the year has been s**t, i'm just along for the ride now.
If we win a final, great.
If not at least we had a crack at a flag and got to see North win some finals.

Anyway the buildup to a North/Bulldogs final would be immense.
Surely it would be at the G?

We had Sydney on toast for most of the last qtr. last week
Led the game in every stat except the scoreboard, thanks to some stupid turnovers and decisions.
Tarrant kept Buddy to 0.1
You sound like us describing every game in the Brendan McCartney years- won the stats, played better for large stretches, but lost the game :p
If not at least we had a crack at a flag and got to see North win some finals.
I like this attitude. It beats the usual footy supporter "premiership or bust/I won't accept mediocrity and somehow that will magically make my team better" tripe. At the end of the day, you'll enjoy footy more this way.
Anyway the buildup to a North/Bulldogs final would be immense.
Surely it would be at the G?
Definitely would be if it happens. I reckon we'd get 70000 there, and it would probably be the only final in Melbourne for the weekend.

Back