Prediction How far do we go in the finals?

How far?

• Elimination Final

• Semi Final

• Preliminary Final

• Grand Final

Results are only viewable after voting.
If we beat the Weagles over there, we win will the flag. They absolutely massacred the Crows.
I went to the game last night with my Crows mate and he was filthy at how they played. Sloppy skills and a lack of intensity.

Our midfield has better depth than most teams, but I can't see us winning the flag this year without Adams :(

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Settle down bro!

If we beat the Eagles over there we have to plow through other teams that have beaten us time, time and time again.
Yep

Hawthorn :thumbsdown::straining:

Adelaide :mad::'(

Geelong :mad::mad::mad::thumbsdown::(

We beat Geelong then we win the flag imo or at the very least we finally win a prelim, they have been our eternal thorn in our side come finals every single time except................1954, we beat them in a second semi

We beat Geelong in the finals one of these years then we are a chance as our pathetic hoodoo will be buried.

Beating Hawthorn, Adelaide or St Kilda one of these years would be nice too.

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Settle down bro!

If we beat the Eagles over there we have to plow through other teams that have beaten us time, time and time again.

Eagles just demolished the equal flag favourites on the own dung heap. Not really worried about any other team ATM. Plus Libba and Macrae will be back to full health, maybe even Adams.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Eagles just demolished the equal flag favourites on the own dung heap. Not really worried about any other team ATM. Plus Libba and Macrae will be back to full health, maybe even Adams.

Did you watch the game? Eagles werent that impressive, Crows were just extremely poor. I give us a chance vs either side and West Coast definitely arent the bench mark, despite pretty good recent form. Sydney the team to beat for mine.

Southern 8

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Go North. Wil be riding every kick. If we win and Giants lose we play them at G I think. How good would that be. Boyd kicks 5, Griffen and Ward get eliminated week 1.

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Did you watch the game? Eagles werent that impressive, Crows were just extremely poor. I give us a chance vs either side and West Coast definitely arent the bench mark, despite pretty good recent form. Sydney the team to beat for mine.

Disagree, Eagles absolutely strangled the Crows who had no idea what to do. If we had Libba and Wallis I'd be really confident we could take them down on the inside which we would need to do to stop the supply to Kennedy, Darling, Le Cras. Eagles rebound running was very good. Can we keep up on the outside?

If Eagles aren't bench mark, neither are the Giants, Hawks or Crows. I like the Eagles defensive running, it's as good as ours and their forwards are great and all their best players are in the absolute prime, so hope we can get everyone match fit.

Last edited:

Southern 8

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bloody Norf. Higgins may be regretting decision now. Go Pies. If we are playing Eagles, good we get a familiarisation of Subiaco this week.

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I picked us against the weagles this year based purely on the fact that Adams would play on Josh Kennedy or Darling. Without him and with all the other injuries I can't see us getting close over there.

I'm an honorary pies supporter tomorrow...

Aug 21, 2011
Logan
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With all the injuries over the season we've had:

Lose EF, still a pass mark & bravo for our depth
Win EF, success
Any further, bonus
On top of that... If we win tomorrow we finish equal third or fourth depending on Hawks game, barring percentage.
Is starting to show how our set shots has come back to bite us in the ass big time. Had that been half decent we would have finished 4th or 5th regardless of how certain game's turned out.
However we go, its been a good year considering our forward line, goal kicking and injuries.
Still a shot in every game we play this year.

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I picked us against the weagles this year based purely on the fact that Adams would play on Josh Kennedy or Darling. Without him and with all the other injuries I can't see us getting close over there.

This.

But our greater problem will be Barass and McGovern cutting off all of our s**t forward entries.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
McGovern, Barrass, Schoefield vs a young under performing Boyd, Cordy, Stringer is enough to give you nightmares.

One group is one fire and the other is a makeshift forward, uninspiring tall forward and arguably the most out of form player in the comp.

Literally ****ing terrified we get slaughtered in this area.

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Eagles just held the most potent forward line in the league to 10 goals away from home.

I can see us kicking 7-8 on their deck with our inefficiency. I can't see us kicking the 15+ it will take to win.

Not saying it's impossible, but I give us about a 10% chance.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
McGovern, Barrass, Schoefield vs a young under performing Boyd, Cordy, Stringer is enough to give you nightmares.

One group is one fire and the other is a makeshift forward, uninspiring tall forward and arguably the most out of form player in the comp.

Literally ****ing terrified we get slaughtered in this area.

Kick grubbers into the F50 and make every contest a ground ball you reckon?

Back