How good’s winning

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure beats losing. We just need to consistently perform at the level and we will win our fair share of matches. We do have quite a lot of young talent on our list. They just need to get games into them. When the time is right we can then trade in the final pieces that will take us to another level and compete in finals.

I don't like losing, and whilst I can understand the need to do it and finish low..... That felt much better

It's more than just a good feeling - it is critical for this team.

All summer Nicks would have been pumping them up and talking about where they could go as a group. They would have used the wins towards the end of last season, they spoke about the group moving forwards during every signing announcement.

If we then went out and got flogged, doubts would have crept in, some players would have started playing for themselves etc... It could have quickly fallen away.

Instead you have a gripping game, where every player bought in, gave it their all and got the result. Add in the crowd reaction and you could see the absolute joy on the players faces. Tex even tweeted that it was the 'best day ever'.

It gives the players belief in the system, belief in the coaches and belief in each other.

Now we aren't going to perform like that every week and I suspect we will struggle to back it up this weekend, but it sets a bench mark that tells the whole squad 'if we reach this level, we can beat anyone'. That kind of experience is so crucial in a developing team.

It's more than just a good feeling - it is critical for this team.

All summer Nicks would have been pumping them up and talking about where they could go as a group. They would have used the wins towards the end of last season, they spoke about the group moving forwards during every signing announcement.

If we then went out and got flogged, doubts would have crept in, some players would have started playing for themselves etc... It could have quickly fallen away.

Instead you have a gripping game, where every player bought in, gave it their all and got the result. Add in the crowd reaction and you could see the absolute joy on the players faces. Tex even tweeted that it was the 'best day ever'.

It gives the players belief in the system, belief in the coaches and belief in each other.

Now we aren't going to perform like that every week and I suspect we will struggle to back it up this weekend, but it sets a bench mark that tells the whole squad 'if we reach this level, we can beat anyone'. That kind of experience is so crucial in a developing team.
I am thinking the system nicks wants really is one that is plug and play in that they all know to bring high pressure and if one man goes down with injury the next can step in seamlessly..that is the plan. It will take time but if the players have bought in then wins like yesterday are golden for the team and its belief

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A young Walker and Sloane 🏉😍 B00843CF-67AA-4224-8862-8BA209F00E0B.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back