How good are these horses?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump.

Any revisions?

I'm interested in thoughts on where people rate Whobegotyou, So You Think and Black Caviar amongst these horses.

(I'm still aware this is an impossible task but am interested in opinion anyway)

A further bump. Where does Winx rate amongst this lot? Any other to consider?

Winx
Better Loosen Up
Black Caviar
Might And Power (would top the list if they took it to Japan and won. Instead they spelled it and it suffered an injury that he never recovered from)

Winx needs to be matched with Deep Impact or Almond Eye's sire to get a real idea of quality pedigree on the racetrack.

Some Aussie should lease Lys Gracieux for a year. Would be great for punters letting her run in Australia seeing a quality horse with pedigree running around.

Too early to retire and leaves punters having to watch hacks run around before another good one of decent pedigree is found

Last edited:
So You Think
Black Caviar

Takeover Target
El Segundo
Whobegotyou
Gold Edition
Apache Cat
Miss Andretti
Haradasun
Sam MIss
Miss Finland
Forensics
Weekend Hussler
Wonderful World
Northern Meteor
Royal Ascher
Bump. Using this quote as a starting point despite their account ban.

Where would a one-time high flyer like Rebel Raider fit in this bunch?

Miss Andretti seems to have dropped off a bit after the second bump - that because of Winx and BC?

Last edited:

Miss Andretti seems to have dropped off a bit after the second bump - that because of Winx and BC?

Rebel Raider would be at the bottom of most lists that don't include a complete scrubber like Royal Asscher

Would be interesting to see what a horse like El Segundo would do against our current batch of WFA scrubbers. He was kind of also in one of those in between eras in terms of having top quality horses (beat Wonderful World in his Cox Plate from memory FFS)

Would be interesting to see what a horse like El Segundo would do against our current batch of WFA scrubbers. He was kind of also in one of those in between eras in terms of having top quality horses (beat Wonderful World in his Cox Plate from memory FFS)
I loved him because his mother Palos Verdes was one of my faves but he was running in a terrible era. Would probably have started 10/1 in last years Cox Plate and probably run a good 3rd or 4th

Rebel Raider was group 2 quality at best. Not a bad sire though for the mares he gets.

Miss Andretti would beat Nature Strip easily at her best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rebel Raider was group 2 quality at best. Not a bad sire though for the mares he gets.

Miss Andretti would beat Nature Strip easily at her best

Six-year-old Andretti set a new course record of 57.44secs today

Nature Strip in the same race clocked 60.55secs.

Could definitely make the case for Miss Andretti.

Six-year-old Andretti set a new course record of 57.44secs today

Nature Strip in the same race clocked 60.55secs.

Could definitely make the case for Miss Andretti.

By that logic then I could make a case that Hey Doc was better than Miss Andretti given he broke her record in the Manikato.

Overall times from races 15 years apart is very low on the list of key points when comparing two horses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back