How good is Balme

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Spurs, 49ers, SF Giants, GS Warrio
Every time I hear Neil Balme talk I am so rapt he found his way back to Tigerland.

Such a calming voice to represent our club without any of the BS game playing others push out into the media.

I can only imagine that for all the things we see in the media, he would be adding as much, if not more value behind the scenes working with players, coaches and administrators.

Whilst Nank, Prestia and even Jacky G have been great pick ups, Balme may well be our best recruit for 2016

When does work on the statue start?

I'll put me hand up and volunteer to find a tremendous photo they can model the thing on.

369ad28d6b77dc000b91c0fddaadbb44

He plays the (media) “game” like no other club official
Only agenda he is interested in is what is best for the club and has a unique ability to say a lot without giving anything away of what is happening behind closed doors

Got us Caracella also. Balme masterminded the 2017 flag and anything else we get within the next ten years. He's a no nonsense man and is probably still pissed off with the way last year ended.

Balmey is one of the few people I know who can be both nice and intimidating at the same time. He is a catalyst and a rare human being - and he would happily scoff at all of that.

Last edited:
One of his greatest skills is he approaches a pretty big, complicated and likely stressful job in a calm and uncomplicated way.

Would be a very reassuring presence around the place.

IMO Gale and Peggy and Dimma have been very good but Balmy has been the ace.

Is Balme Is good,I would buy food with Balme’s name on it.

Balme’s hot chilli sauce!

With the b and w photo from above on the bottle decking an oppo player.

It would sell,sell,sell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bloody stupid is Collingwood getting rid of him LOL

Thanks for the final piece to our 2017 flag morons

One of my favourite moments during the Grand Final was him laughing at Dimma when they all knew we were going to win and Dimma still didn't want to jinx it

*Player breaks his leg*
Balme: "We'll see were he's at, we're confident that he'll play next week, but if not, the week after. The clubs got great medicos so we'll do what's best for him. It's a good opportunity for one of our younger guys to step up and we're confident they'll do just that. "

*Player breaks a fingernail*
Balme: "We'll see were he's at, we're confident that he'll play next week, but if not, the week after. The clubs got great medicos so we'll do what's best for him. It's a good opportunity for one of our younger guys to step up and we're confident they'll do just that. "

*Player breaks his leg*

*Player breaks a fingernail*
Balmey's already prepared an injury update for Rance/Cotch:

Coiffure Misalignment....

("hair out of place" for the great unwashed)

Got us Caracella also. Balme masterminded the 2017 flag and anything else we get within the next ten years. He's a no nonsense man and is probably still pissed off with the way last year ended.
balmey has been super terrific for us but i'm not sure he 'masterminded' the flag. played a big role though. he's always been a tige. was just lent out to help others for a time. and mcguire was dumb to not only piss him off once but twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back