Toast How good is Brad Ebert - 250 games

Remove this Banner Ad

I was pondering Brad ebert during the game on sunday. Where does he fit into the team anymore. He hasn't really gone on and become a great player. Im not so sure he is a lock in best 18 player anymore.
I was having similar thoughts, I think his skills let him down at times but can still take a good mark. Not sure sure where in our side he is best suited. He does have a tank and is a hard nut.

Ryder, Gray, Rockliff, Wines, Wingard, Boak, Ebert, Polec, Motlop, Powell-Pepper

If that onball rotation ever gets beaten a certain ginger should be loaded atop a rocket and fired at the sun (((no not aaron greaves)))

Ryder, Gray, Rockliff, Wines, Wingard, Boak, Ebert, Polec, Motlop, Powell-Pepper

If that onball rotation ever gets beaten a certain ginger should be loaded atop a rocket and fired at the sun (((no not aaron greaves)))

We can’t blame Matt Lobbe anymore, he’s at Carlton now.

An embarrassment of riches that for three years Voss has failed to get the most out of. I never subscribed to Ryder being missing as an excuse for poor midfield performance. He's not got Scott Thompson assisting in this area too. He has everything he needs.

If our midfield aren't one of the best in the comp this year (barring allowance for some sort of catastrophic injury list), he's gotta go. Has to.

I rate him pretty highly . He's been starting the year really well the last couple of seasons but perhaps getting fatigued after about the halfway mark . I'd be tempted to give him one or two games off mid season to recharge .
He's probably our best gut runner , tackler and mid sized mark

About time Luke Peel was useful for something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was having similar thoughts, I think his skills let him down at times but can still take a good mark. Not sure sure where in our side he is best suited. He does have a tank and is a hard nut.

In my opinion Brad still sits above Travis Boak in the order of selection. Last year Ken tried to re start Boaky's career as a forward and it didn't really work so I have the same thoughts about Boaky that you have about Ebert. Boak is Captain so I guess he plays.

He's absolutely best 22, Brad lets all other midfielders do their jobs since he has to do all s**t defending stuff no one else wants to have to do.

He also had career high averages in disposals, tackles, inside 50s, contested possessions and goal assists in 2017.

In my opinion Brad still sits above Travis Boak in the order of selection. Last year Ken tried to re start Boaky's career as a forward and it didn't really work so I have the same thoughts about Boaky that you have about Ebert. Boak is Captain so I guess he plays.
Agreed. I think as players they give their all but it is their skill level that let's them both down at times.

An embarrassment of riches that for three years Voss has failed to get the most out of. I never subscribed to Ryder being missing as an excuse for poor midfield performance. He's not got Scott Thompson assisting in this area too. He has everything he needs.

If our midfield aren't one of the best in the comp this year (barring allowance for some sort of catastrophic injury list), he's gotta go. Has to.

Well that worked out well.

I still stand by what I said a year ago. I'm thinking I'll have less opposition this time
I'll channel Roger Federer here who when questioned on his longevity at the top said something like it reflected on the younger players who should have knocked him off his perch.
Ebert's name is in permanent marker on the selection committee's whiteboard at the moment but largely because Broadbent and Hartlett were injured, and Trengove gone while not enough juniors pushed up. Losing Polec and possibly Wingard next year just helps Ebo #4 (previous Russell, Craig, Brett) hold a spot due to experience and intermittent clutch marks and goals.

Not a good fit with rocky and wines

His skills are below par without the coal face ballwinning ability of the 2 blokes above.

His work as a gut running linkman who can find 30d was valuable in the past.

As a 20d 2.5 cl guy that turned up last year he is entirely expendable. Has to make way for another player next year.

Still him at half forward. Keep him the hell away from the defensive 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back