How good is our forward line?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not particularly high on our forward line and haven't been for some time now. Our big forwards are B graders at best and we lack natural goal kickers, Robbie aside. Marshall is the bright spark of hope at the moment but he's still largely potential only. I think we'll struggle to put triple figure scores on the board again this year.

Our forwardline isn't too bad - If you look at the talent in there.

The biggest issue for us kicking big scores, is how slow we get it in our forwardline, and our ability to transition. I'd say this starts with our young defence. Hammer back and potentially Burton may help this. But it will really be up to our midfield both inside and outside, creating real space, and being able to kick cleanly/quickly.

I think our biggest problem is the high half forward positions in S Gray and Boak. They are both too slow. Injecting speed here (like WCE) may help our cause significantly. Would love to see AJ come on...

Our forwardline isn't too bad - If you look at the talent in there.

The biggest issue for us kicking big scores, is how slow we get it in our forwardline, and our ability to transition. I'd say this starts with our young defence. Hammer back and potentially Burton may help this. But it will really be up to our midfield both inside and outside, creating real space, and being able to kick cleanly/quickly.

I think our biggest problem is the high half forward positions in S Gray and Boak. They are both too slow. Injecting speed here (like WCE) may help our cause significantly. Would love to see AJ come on...

As would i, AJs was more then a little handy in the WCE loss at Adelaide Oval last year.

I think its more likely that Farrel and Rozee play a considerable amount next year and form part of our best 22. Add in Motlop rotating off a wing and there some genuine pace across the half forward line.

I think if Dixon, Ryder and Marshall can stay fit, That would be a pretty good trio to kick to up forward. With Hoff roaming.

The smalls I'm not so hot on. Robbie Gray may be in the middle a bit more with no Wingard, Motlop might be on the wing.

Guys like Farrell, Sam Gray etc may end up being relied upon greatly in the smalls department.

Forward line looks great. we need a fast attacking style to make it work tho.
Which we wont and dont. making our forward line look shocking.
We have 3 good talls up forward now, get it in long and quick and get them 1 out. have a few good crumbers at their feet to.....

I think something like this could work depending on the delivery they receive.

HF: Rozee/Motlop | Marshall | Farrell/Johnson
FF: R.Gray/Butters | Dixon | Ryder/Lycett
With Westhoff and potentially Watts floating as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back