How good is the bye and what are you doing this weekend instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely cannot stand going to a caravan park where you're lined up with people 2 metres away from you on either side and behind you.
Worse than living in Ellenbrook, not enjoyable at all
Lucky if you had 1m distance in mandalay busselton in peak season.

We were in Challets there for a few years when the kids were young. Caravans packed like sardines.

Middleton albany this year was slightly better. In a chalet again.

Recovering from the flu unfortunately. 😂

I feel you, was actually excited to not have to feel disappointed and embarrassed after another flogging, but woke up Friday with a terrible flu felt like I was swallowing razor blades and have been on the couch ever since, the dockers getting pumped made me feel a tad bit better tho😂

Lucky if you had 1m distance in mandalay busselton in peak season.

We were in Challets there for a few years when the kids were young. Caravans packed like sardines.

Middleton albany this year was slightly better. In a chalet again.
Yeah, it's just not that much fun when you can hear the old bloke in the van next to you farting, while the couple on the other side are having a domestic and the kids in the site behind you are running around screaming at 5am.

Yeah, it's just not that much fun when you can hear the old bloke in the van next to you farting, while the couple on the other side are having a domestic and the kids in the site behind you are running around screaming at 5am.
Been too scared to go up north. I hate the heat. And I grew up in mining towns. Goldsworthy (decommissioned and down the road from Shay Gap) and Panawonica.

Plus my work sucks trying to get leave... can't wait to tell them to to stick it when my new contract comes out from a rival company in a few days time.

Oh well, on the positive note of no leave is I get a good payout and can buy my eldest 16yo daughter a nice car soon. She's chipping in as well.

Been too scared to go up north. I hate the heat. And I grew up in mining towns. Goldsworthy (decommissioned and down the road from Shay Gap) and Panawonica.

Plus my work sucks trying to get leave... can't wait to tell them to to stick it when my new contract comes out from a rival company in a few days time.

Oh well, on the positive note of no leave is I get a good payout and can buy my eldest 16yo daughter a nice car soon. She's chipping in as well.
Yeah I love this time of year, the cold weather is awesome. Camping in the heat isn't much fun.
What you going to buy her?

Yeah I love this time of year, the cold weather is awesome. Camping in the heat isn't much fun.
What you going to buy her?
Dunno.

Before covid a new swift was around $22k, so a 3 yo with 50,000km about $15k.

Now swift new prices are $27k for a poverty pack and 8 yo with 120,000km for $18k. Ridiculous.

Prices have eased somewhat in the last 6 months.

Probably $15k Max. $10k from me and daughter puts in $5k

I'm in the car industry. Not sales.

I did enjoy fishing and camping down south on the beach with mates up until 8 years ago.

Just get belted. But was a mission to jam pack everything in with every mod con.

Then our prado got stolen from our front yard in the midst of shifting houses. Wife left the keys in the car and running. Insurance eventually paid out but that was the end of camping / fishing.

Dunno.

Before covid a new swift was around $22k, so a 3 yo with 50,000km about $15k.

Now swift new prices are $27k for a poverty pack and 8 yo with 120,000km for $18k. Ridiculous.

Prices have eased somewhat in the last 6 months.

Probably $15k Max. $10k from me and daughter puts in $5k

I'm in the car industry. Not sales.
Ouch, that's expensive for a car with a lot of kms on the clock.
Good first car though, I think my first car cost $850 for a shitbox Gemini

Ouch, that's expensive for a car with a lot of kms on the clock.
Good first car though, I think my first car cost $850 for a shitbox Gemini
Yeap and yeap.

Mine was a Camira. Looked amazing. Engine blew up on the drive home from the auction house. $2,500 engine rebuild.

In the top 5 lemons ever released.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

northcoast?

What are the numbers, (of people), like where you are?
*love camping where there aren't too many other humans

Have moved around a bit this trip (4 sites) - 2 park sites in Cape Range NP/Ningaloo Coast, then a few nights at Bullara and now at Bruboodjoo. Starting to head home tomorrow before school holiday rush starts to arrive up here.

Bullara and Cape Range both pretty busy - other two places no so much.

Humans not so prevalent in Ningaloo and here. This is a good thing.

Weather this time of year is delightful - swimming every day and many days out on the boat fishing. So much so we haven’t put the boat in for 2 weeks - demersal catch limit achieved.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's the other thing with holidays and kids. Was able to pull the kids out of primary school twice a year to go overseas, non peak.

Can't do that with both girls in high school.

And I'm paying through the nose to go to whore Island in jan with the family. That's going to be an eye opener for them. They haven't been to Thailand before.

That's the other thing with holidays and kids. Was able to pull the kids out of primary school twice a year to go overseas, non peak.

Can't do that with both girls in high school.

We were able to do it up until Year 11 and 12. Just had to keep a diary so they could show they were learning something. Our school was pretty chill.

It's an odd bit of scheduling from the AFL for us to have two weeks off back to back like this but this weekend was very relaxing so I'm looking forward to no football next weekend.

Yesssss Gemini chat is back!

My first car was a baby blue Toyota Corona I bought for $500. Laid a mean single pegger too.
6 cyl HZ sedan, bought it for $700, main reasons: had a really good set of roof racks for the boards and was a column shift auto with a cue ball on the shift (8).
Just went and went, couldn't kill the thing!

Yeah, that’ll be the Shubat…
Kumis is the more popular one here. Absolutely rancid. Think I got the gastro from spending 18 hours on an overnight train across the steppe though, since I have avoided the camel and horse milk after my first taste

Remove this Banner Ad

Back