How good was the SBS Monday night lineup

Remove this Banner Ad

That was Drawn Together and it was terrible. Absolutely terrible. It was nothing but overt shitty sex jokes and it was just using the idea of haha cartoons haha they’re doing drugs and using toys haha but they’re cartoons in exchange for actual humour.

I’m on a huge Life Support binge now. Getting it a lot more now I’m older. It’s not all amazing but there are some great skits. Some of the talking heads are piss funny too. And it’s funny to see how Penne’s dress sense has come back into fashion with the meshies, Docs, chokers, fluffy jackets. Funny s**t.

Also Music Jamboree and all the Safran shows. I thought Vs God was a bit lame but Music Jamboree is a cool insight into late 90s/early 2000s music culture, the industry, and Melbourne life. Still piss funny and still some salient Music Mole pearls of wisdom and relatable skits.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Loved Pizza, South Park and Life Support, all great shows.

I think Crank Yankers was on at some stage on Monday nights, that’s also one of my favourites from that era.
Literally just remembered this. Does anyone know where you can watch old episodes of these? Comedy Central are annoying when it comes to old material, they lock it down.

Pizza (that was it's name pre-movie) was hilarious at the time but probably hasn't aged well. Though as mentioned earlier in the thread there was a clear decline after the movie.

Life Support was brilliant, found it pretty cheap on DVD awhile back and quite a lot of seasons 1 and 2 are still good, season 3 (when they made the cast changes and tried minor character arcs) was pretty trash though.

Jon Safran's Music Jamboree was good too, but can mostly only remember the Music Mole bits and how TISM's real names were revealed in the credits one time.

I once watched the British Queer as Folk on youtube. It was... okay.
It came out a couple of years after I did and I loved it, I watched it again recently though and couldn't believe how much had changed in twenty years. Being openly gay in the 90s still felt like an act of defiance.

I’m on a huge Life Support binge now. Getting it a lot more now I’m older. It’s not all amazing but there are some great skits. Some of the talking heads are piss funny too. And it’s funny to see how Penne’s dress sense has come back into fashion with the meshies, Docs, chokers, fluffy jackets. Funny s**t.

Also Music Jamboree and all the Safran shows. I thought Vs God was a bit lame but Music Jamboree is a cool insight into late 90s/early 2000s music culture, the industry, and Melbourne life. Still piss funny and still some salient Music Mole pearls of wisdom and relatable skits.

On Youtube? Or DVDs? Need to re-watch, been a long time.

Music Jamboree was great. I liked the one where Simon Crean got the members of Scandal'us or Bardot or whoever it was to form a union.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Youtube? Or DVDs? Need to re-watch, been a long time.

Music Jamboree was great. I liked the one where Simon Crean got the members of Scandal'us or Bardot or whoever it was to form a union.
It's all on Youtube. In good quality too. Saw they replaced Penne for season two though so I gave up on it.

I once watched the British Queer as Folk on youtube. It was... okay.

Lord Petyr Baelish from Game of Thrones was in it

Edit: *, that's Ser Barristan Selmy putting together the furniture. Great fun seeing Game of Thrones actors randomly appear in European stuff haha. I recommend the movie Michael Collins for that.

Last edited:
Literally just remembered this. Does anyone know where you can watch old episodes of these? Comedy Central are annoying when it comes to old material, they lock it down.

Think that has less to do with Comedy Central and more Foxtel buying the Australian rights and telling them to geoblock everything while making * all of it available even to their subscribers.

People were genuinely pissed off in 2004 when they lost the Premier League highlights show. Seems laughable now with our video centered internet, hanging to watch 2-day old highlights.

People were genuinely pissed off in 2004 when they lost the Premier League highlights show. Seems laughable now with our video centered internet, hanging to watch 2-day old highlights.
Wow 2004? Surely not.

It was a good era for soccer. The A-League felt full of promise and had a good marquee, we had all these flops coming to fantastical clubs like, uh, Newcastle Jets who'd been to 30 clubs in half that amount of years... then the Premier League was full of characters, there was actual soul in clubs, even the strips and ad boards and everything had a nice vibe to them. Chelsea were a sort of cheeky team who were a bit off but always causing some drama – Zola was so fun, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Claude Makeléle, young Lamps n JT, the lion going through the lettering. Cult players like Jay Jay Okocha and Louis Saha when he was at Fulham. It's just so dull now, I mean *in Wolves are full of Portuguese players?

Not to mention the insanity of having a great second tier striker and probably the best young winger in the comp being Aussies and at the same club. Stan Lazaridis was a regular for a pretty cemented club, Brett Emerton came over and did a bit around then too and ended up ensconced as Blackburn Rovers' default winger. Hayden *in Foxe, Danny Tiatto... amazing how third rung Socceroos were popping up now and playing 25 games off the bench for Premier League sides back then.

I still think of Manchester United as Umbro and Sharp. Dunno what that sponsorship cost them over the years but it started at GBP100k per year and I'm guessing it fell a long way short of the GBP50m Chevrolet now pay. Great value for money to get on board in the 80s and ride the wave all through the 90s, amazing exposure.

Premier League sponsorships go in waves. It used to be smallish companies that were relatable to the fans. It was cool that Villa were sponsored by Rover/MG who were based in Birmingham, Leicester by Walkers Crisps etc. For a while it was all Telcos, new tech companies, banks and beer brands. Now I think over the half the teams in the PL are sponsored by some sort of online betting company. The big clubs are all sponsored by mega companies. Brighton are a nothing team that haven't been in the top flight since the 70s and their sponsor is AMEX. Gross.

And the day Bolton got rid of Reebok was a shame. The company was founded and I think still producing C85s and s**t out of there then they got bought out by Adidas and intentionally ran into the ground (Nike tried it with Umbro too and just took over all their lapsed contracts, ala England and Man City). But yeah, the doubling up of Reebok and Bolton was sick.

Okocha, Djorkaeff, then Anelka. I liked Bolton back then. Southampton too, then I got into Wigan. Been a while since I've genuinely had an affinity for a club since then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back