How great is it when...

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
We got a couple of early wins and the focus is off Dimma, Martin's contract and our second tier players whilst the focus is firmly on ...Nathan Buckley and Adam TreLOL the turnover king. I'm just enjoying the day, and basking in the moment. Not even thinking about next week, these days are rare, and 6-0 is farrr from my mind. Going to thoroughly enjoy watching all footy talk shows this week to hear about how much of a colossal failure Buckley is, how Treloar picked them over us and how great Jack was! But yeah seriously, the focus being off the bandwagon and placed onto Collingwood works wonders for us, just takes off the pressure that's haunted us in years gone by, I like that.

Had no expectation of being 5-0 this year, would have taken 2-3 at the start of the year with some decent footy being played. Now that we are sitting 5-0 I am refusing to look any further than the next 4 week block as they will give us a very real indication of where we stand. Crows away, Dogs away, Freo home and GWS away could see us 6-3 after 9 rounds which is still much better than any of us expected. I wouldn't be shocked though to see us at 5-4. All I want to see though is for us to continue to play decent attacking footy and taking the game on and letting the result take care of itself. If we do that I'll be happy, win a few along the way and it's a bonus.

The reality is the next 4 weeks are free swings for us. Nothing to lose by going 1-3 as 3 of the sides were all predicted to finish well ahead of us this year. I hope the club embraces the challenge as it could very well set us up for a really good year.

We got a couple of early wins and the focus is off Dimma, Martin's contract and our second tier players whilst the focus is firmly on ...Nathan Buckley and Adam TreLOL the turnover king. I'm just enjoying the day, and basking in the moment. Not even thinking about next week, these days are rare, and 6-0 is farrr from my mind. Going to thoroughly enjoy watching all footy talk shows this week to hear about how much of a colossal failure Buckley is, how Treloar picked them over us and how great Jack was! But yeah seriously, the focus being off the bandwagon and placed onto Collingwood works wonders for us, just takes off the pressure that's haunted us in years gone by, I like that.

Hey what are you doing floating about Undertaker, aren't you supposed to be retired or something?! :mad:

I thought Wrestlemania 33 was your last! :drunk:

No but seriously, fantastic thread! Collingwood 2017 are Richmond 2016 in almost every single way, except I don't think Bucks is going to survive like Dimma did, because unlike Dimma, he's never actually done anything to improve the team in his whole time at the club, whereas at least Dimma did get us to the finals for a few years from being a basketcase, even though we didn't go very far in them.

Just thinking back (last season) to the furor that Dan Richardson's comment regarding us fans being "impatient" and the words "mini rebuild" after the losses started to add up, culminating in the kids being played against the Bulldogs. We almost beat the soon-to-be premiers on their favorite deck, with kids. We then put the cue in the rack. The fans were restless, calling for Dimma's head and of course the Board challenge.

Benny Gale played a straight bat, and Peggy was not even disheveled. They had their review, chased Neil Balme, recruited some very good assistant coaches and the recruiting team landed us Nank, Caddy and Prestia. The emergence of Butler, Castagna, Short.. The perseverance in Conca, Lambert and Astbury.

Six months ago, we were discussing sacking coaches, boards and half the list. Next week, we basically have a free hit against the premiership favorites, on their home turf. Absolutely nothing to lose. But credit must go to the people at the club that knew something we didn't, or worked miracles we were not expecting.

Mini rebuild = Caracella, Leppa, Balme, Prestia, Caddy, Nankervis and a list that Dimma built. Maybe Dan was right. It is fast becoming "Tiger Time".. Admit it, who has already hit the Ladder Predictor to see if we can continue our run ?

Just thinking back (last season) to the furor that Dan Richardson's comment regarding us fans being "impatient" and the words "mini rebuild" after the losses started to add up, culminating in the kids being played against the Bulldogs. We almost beat the soon-to-be premiers on their favorite deck, with kids. We then put the cue in the rack. The fans were restless, calling for Dimma's head and of course the Board challenge.

Benny Gale played a straight bat, and Peggy was not even disheveled. They had their review, chased Neil Balme, recruited some very good assistant coaches and the recruiting team landed us Nank, Caddy and Prestia. The emergence of Butler, Castagna, Short.. The perseverance in Conca, Lambert and Astbury.

Six months ago, we were discussing sacking coaches, boards and half the list. Next week, we basically have a free hit against the premiership favorites, on their home turf. Absolutely nothing to lose. But credit must go to the people at the club that knew something we didn't, or worked miracles we were not expecting.

Mini rebuild = Caracella, Leppa, Balme, Prestia, Caddy, Nankervis and a list that Dimma built. Maybe Dan was right. It is fast becoming "Tiger Time".. Admit it, who has already hit the Ladder Predictor to see if we can continue our run ?
Is often the case..."within the four walls" :p

to be fair the Richardson comments came a long time after the cream on the cake predictions, the two steps back was after the best ever list comments as well , just to get the chronology correct. and even though we are Hawaii right now we are still to win a final.

It's like a mechanic driving his/her car into a brick wall then fixing it so it drives again. Good effort but could have been avoided in the first place.

If the general theme is a pat on the back to RFC for fixing up some self inflicted f/ups then I'm on board.

Our list is s**t, our club is s**t, our song is s**t, our supporters s**t, admin s**t.
#sackdimma
#paperingovercracks
Some random remark over a dude we drafted in 2007
Personal attack at another poster
Play the victim card
Your all dumb to my superior knowledge........

Sorry guys, just thought I'd get in first (if you know what i mean).

I like that we have a game this week in round 6 that we will probably lose but it will not really matter if we do - because EVERYBODY reckons Crows are #1.

If we jag a win, we will be Bowie (heroes)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bandwagon will be on when we beat the Crows this week.
Lets see how the boys handle the pressure with everyone behind us against the dogs.

This isn't at a shot at you, but i hate it when i hear ********s like Watson or whoever talk about the bandwagon. Our membership numbers are the envy of every club bar Collingwood and the hawks who are rivalling us. There's nothing bandwagon about our supporters or members.

Send from my ipad with righteous man power.

I'm incredibly happy for the Crows to be strong favourites this weekend, and at their home deck, all the pressure goes onto them to produce the goods.

#1 forward line against the #1 defense, although this year we're still averaging 100+ points ourselves, so we're in a pretty good sweet spot.

I think the Crows will be a bit too strong tbh, however I think Crows fans predicting a 10 goal win are going to get a bit of a surprise, because our boys and absolutely pumped up for this challenge. You can tell from Jack Riewoldt's appearance on AFL 360 that he just wants to hop on the plane and play them straight away.

I have a feeling we're going to play our best game for 2017 on Sunday, and while it may not be enough to win, I think we'll give Adelaide a fright.

The team is playing with spirit and passion in 2017, and we have confidence and belief. Those 4 intangibles can trump pure talent, as proven by the Dogs, who despite not having the absolute best talent, still won a flag through sheer grit and heart.

The fact that we're close to $6 in the betting odds shows how little respect we're being shown, and I have no doubt that Hardwick will show his players this during the week, and make it a point for us to prove the doubters wrong and really take it up to the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back