How has Mark Maclure survived this long?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you follow a team that has been performing badly &/or is a poorly run club, then there's a fair chance you won't like him because he takes a run up before he lets fly at those teams & I love it. He did the same with his own team Carlton when it was shambles under Malthouse.

He watches the game without concerning himself over statistics too much. His trained eye can see when a player is slacking off right then & there without the need of running over the stat sheet or looking at replays from 10 minutes earlier before making a comment on something he feels is happening in a game.

Dustin Martin's game a few weeks earlier is a classic example of this where Maclure didn't rate his high possession game because most of those were just give & receive back type of possies that had no impact on the game. There is still a place for old fashioned commentary.

I like him!

If you follow a team that has been performing badly &/or is a poorly run club, then there's a fair chance you won't like him because he takes a run up before he lets fly at those teams & I love it. He did the same with his own team Carlton when it was shambles under Malthouse.

He watches the game without concerning himself over statistics too much. His trained eye can see when a player is slacking off right then & there without the need of running over the stat sheet or looking at replays from 10 minutes earlier before making a comment on something he feels is happening in a game.

Dustin Martin's game a few weeks earlier is a classic example of this where Maclure didn't rate his high possession game because most of those were just give & receive back type of possies that had no impact on the game. There is still a place for old fashioned commentary.

I like him!

Yeah but regardless of how many possessions Dusty got that game he was clearly the best player and anyone who watched it and thinks otherwise is an idiot to be perfectly honest. Maclures a knob, plain and simply.

McClure is an awful expert commentator.

'So Adam, do you plan on shutting Smith, Hill and Mitchell down again, like last years QF?'

Simpson replied - 'Well Mitch had 35 possies so we didn't shut him down Mark.'

Absolute numbskull is McClure. How anyone thinks he's a decent commentator is beyond me.

Gee Maclure is salty. He gets angry and argues with others, to try and make himself sound like an expert. Guy knows nothing about the game.

I reckon he tells it as it is and so many of you people now hate the truth and prefer to hear only what you think should be said.

He doesn't make sense in any way when he speaks, it's as if he's forgotten what he's supposed to be talking about and just blurts out something random.

He's horrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate him. Goes on and on about completely obvious stuff that happened in the past 10 minutes. Heard him call classy players such as Sloane 'terrible' and 'not up to scratch.' Has the most annoying tone of any commentator, tells it like he knows all and that everyone else needs to bow down to him. Incapable of offering insight into anything in a game that happened more than 10 minutes ago. Equally bad on TV and radio. Heard him call the performance of teams 'pitiful' and 15 minutes later when that team has kicked a few more goals he then showers the team with praise about how good they are and the fact that the other team doesn't have a chance. I specifically looked for this thread because of how utterly unimaginative and dreary he is. I like listening to ABC and watching AFL 360 but he makes it insufferable. Has no respect for any other commentator in the box, nor any player on the field. He's happy to slag off a player like Dangerfield and then go on when Dangerfield starts playing well about how he knew Dangerfield would bounce back and get 10 disposals in the last 10 minutes. Worst AFL commentator by a country mile and shouldn't even have the job.

I hate him. Goes on and on about completely obvious stuff that happened in the past 10 minutes. Heard him call classy players such as Sloane 'terrible' and 'not up to scratch.' Has the most annoying tone of any commentator, tells it like he knows all and that everyone else needs to bow down to him. Incapable of offering insight into anything in a game that happened more than 10 minutes ago. Equally bad on TV and radio. Heard him call the performance of teams 'pitiful' and 15 minutes later when that team has kicked a few more goals he then showers the team with praise about how good they are and the fact that the other team doesn't have a chance. I specifically looked for this thread because of how utterly unimaginative and dreary he is. I like listening to ABC and watching AFL 360 but he makes it insufferable. Has no respect for any other commentator in the box, nor any player on the field. He's happy to slag off a player like Dangerfield and then go on when Dangerfield starts playing well about how he knew Dangerfield would bounce back and get 10 disposals in the last 10 minutes. Worst AFL commentator by a country mile and shouldn't even have the job.

He's the Phil Gould of AFL. Antagonistic and just a right royal pain in the rear.

I like him

But he does crap on about 'effort' to much. It's his go too line when describing why said team didn't win

Gee Maclure is salty. He gets angry and argues with others, to try and make himself sound like an expert. Guy knows nothing about the game.[/QUOTe
I think he did know about the game. But that game is now extinct. What we are watching today bares no resemblance to the game he played. As others have said I like him and his outdated views.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back