Roast How, Howe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Better player than Jeremy Howe
But not totally un-alike in playing style. I'm still a bit confused what Jeremy brings to the pies apart from the tat plus a disintegrated autograph and wallet, but hey

But not totally un-alike in playing style. I'm still a bit confused what Jeremy brings to the pies apart from the tat plus a disintegrated autograph and wallet, but hey

Yeah nah Similar in that they are both pretty showey types but Fasolo is a better version of Howe

Collingwood are not playing finals next season.

They showed a bit this year I thought, they did not get curb stomped (only once by the Tigers), had been very competitive and if a particular Collingwood player kicked straight they would of been in the mix to be in the finals this year.

I like the midfield they have, it is no frills (besides the obvious Pendles) and will be interesting if they can take that to another level next year with the recruits they got.

Really need to sort that forward line out though, it does not look like a team forward line that is in place. Moore not having 2nd year blues will be key for them as well. But at this point it seems like a bunch of individuals in that forward line rather than a team.

I do think if they miss finals though, that will be the end of Nathan Buckley. I would give them a 50/50 chance of getting in.

They showed a bit this year I thought, they did not get curb stomped (only once by the Tigers), had been very competitive and if a particular Collingwood player kicked straight they would of been in the mix to be in the finals this year.

I like the midfield they have, it is no frills (besides the obvious Pendles) and will be interesting if they can take that to another level next year with the recruits they got.

Really need to sort that forward line out though, it does not look like a team forward line that is in place. Moore not having 2nd year blues will be key for them as well. But at this point it seems like a bunch of individuals in that forward line rather than a team.

I do think if they miss finals though, that will be the end of Nathan Buckley. I would give them a 50/50 chance of getting in.
A part of me agrees - I don't mind the way they are travelling and I don't mind Buckley at all as coach.

Hope they aren't considering Howe as the last critical cog in the wheel though. He's just not that player for any team, no matter what his man crush indicates.

A part of me agrees - I don't mind the way they are travelling and I don't mind Buckley at all as coach.

Hope they aren't considering Howe as the last critical cog in the wheel though. He's just not that player for any team, no matter what his man crush indicates.

My understanding is that they want him to do a Isaac Smith/Gunston role, so yeah maybe he is that cherry on top that turns them into a top team. I can't see that happening, but its all up to him I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2013 if neither Howe or Jones where playing i'd rip my ticket up. The only man that could get a Melbourne highlight on the highlights reels while Jones and Garland toiled away in a disappointing side. Worth a highlight in 2013 but gave nothing in 2015. hopefully turns into a disappointment for collingwood fans, already fed up with my collingwood mate saying how entertaining the Howe Elliot combo will be, i've warned them he's a one trick player, but "Bucks will de-Melbourne him". Goodbye Howe, you kept me going through 2013 but you won't be missed

I'm glad we don't have him. Would think there'd be more pressure on Buckley to perform - took a good list from Mick and has steadily dragged it down the table. Premiers and Grand Finalists in 2010 and 2011, then Bucks comes in and they get knocked out in the prelims, in the elimination final, then finish 11th and 12th in the last few years. Talks a good game but really hasn't done well at all given the list he started with and the fact that half the players leaving other clubs want to come to Collingwood.

I'm glad we don't have him. Would think there'd be more pressure on Buckley to perform - took a good list from Mick and has steadily dragged it down the table. Premiers and Grand Finalists in 2010 and 2011, then Bucks comes in and they get knocked out in the prelims, in the elimination final, then finish 11th and 12th in the last few years. Talks a good game but really hasn't done well at all given the list he started with and the fact that half the players leaving other clubs want to come to Collingwood.
This is true. Oddly, he sounds so convincing that I kind of forget that his results have been steadily heading in the wrong direction. Make or break year for the Bucks as coach. I do envy the pies Trelour though. He is going to be sensational

My understanding is that they want him to do a Isaac Smith/Gunston role, so yeah maybe he is that cherry on top that turns them into a top team. I can't see that happening, but its all up to him I suppose.

That sounds hilarious! I can't see him being anything like one of those players let alone a mixture of both.

Every club falls over though, they had a pretty old list in 2011 and simply accelerated their rebuild.

Yeah exactly ... they've turned over a lot of players over the last few years, so have effectively gone through a rebuild, it's just when you have players like Sidebottom, Swan and Cloke ... you don't have to actually hit rock bottom to do it.

Howe is a s**t Russell Robertson
Or a slightly better Michael Newton
I remember having hopes for him being a better Robbo. RR could lead, mark and later in his career was a very good set shot but man he was not smart and had zero poise or defense. Seeing Howe show progress under Neeld as the kick to kick wing had me hoping but he's just a peanut.

Even funnier is waiting for Howe to get attention for his first massive grab and watching how furious it makes Jamie Elliott. Can't have 2 jumping egos in the same forward structure. If I were Jeremy I would watch his back around the club. I've studied Elliott for a while now and I'm convinced he has the cold, dead eyes of a serial killer
Explains why Liam Jurrah went crazy.

Every club falls over though, they had a pretty old list in 2011 and simply accelerated their rebuild.
One of the youngest premiership sides ever in 2010 to a pretty old list in 2011. How does that work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back