How ironic

Remove this Banner Ad

jmorg1

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2003
that's me!bourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone remember all those Pork supporters coming in here and whining, 'Ooooh Rucci bags us too but we can take it ... not like you'.

Well I was just browsing through the boards on thepowerfromport and the number of Pork supporters whinging, whining, crying like little babies about Nigel Smart's article in the Sunday Mail is beyond belief! Hypocrites!

Yes I do have a login to those boards, and no I won't tell you who it is and no I don't troll, just browse (for all you Pork supporters getting jumpy that a Crows supporter can read your incessant whining).

I'm sure they're whining about it on their BF board too but I've been banned and can't be bothered signing out to see what they've written.

Of course, the 8 threads a week with 60 responses each about Rucci over the past 4 months is comparable to the two posts about what Smart said on the Port board!

Re: Re: How ironic

Originally posted by Macca19
Of course, the 8 threads a week with 60 responses each about Rucci over the past 4 months is comparable to the two posts about what Smart said on the Port board!

:rolleyes: If you'd actually bothered to read the thread you would have seen that it was much much more than just two posts. And no I'm not talking about the BF Port board which I don't read because a bunch of precious Port supporters could not handle criticisms leveled at them by me and subsequently banned me.

But of course, when a person such as Rucci who is completely in love with the Power and wants to marry Mark Williams supposedly criticises them, all of a sudden they develop thick skins and are so much superior to Crows supporters because they are immune to criticisms :rolleyes: . That's like us saying oh well KG bags us too every now and then but we don't mind because we're not like Port supporters who complain when Nigel Smarts talks **** about them.

And why does it even matter if it was two posts or 1000 posts? Is that your only rebuttal? The fact is you said your mob don't mind criticism and yet your supporters have complained about an article written by Smart. And you still don't admit to just a little bit of hypocrisy?

Re: Re: Re: How ironic

Originally posted by jmorg1

But of course, when a person such as Rucci who is completely in love with the Power and wants to marry Mark Williams supposedly criticises them, all of a sudden they develop thick skins and are so much superior to Crows supporters because they are immune to criticisms :rolleyes: .

If you havent noticed Port Adleaide would have been criticised 100 times as much as your precious mob over the past couple of years.

Every man and his dog likes to have a go at our finals record, despite the fact every single team in the AFL has 'choked' at one stage or another.

And why does it even matter if it was two posts or 1000 posts? Is that your only rebuttal? The fact is you said your mob don't mind criticism and yet your supporters have complained about an article written by Smart. And you still don't admit to just a little bit of hypocrisy?

You like to have a go at our choking in finals. Isnt that a bit hypocritical considering Adelaide have choked before in finals and recently have had a knack for screwing their season up before the actual finals begin.

Obviously I dont talk for every single Port supporter in Australia.

All i said was that there is no use you guys complaining about what Rucci says every 5 minutes and you just shouldnt care about it. I also said that we dont whinge every single time someone says something negative about us. I dont believe I said we never ever do it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: How ironic

Also another thing.

I couldnt care what happens at another board. I havent posted at thePowerfromPort for abotu 18 months, maybe longer, so what people say on that board has nothing to do with me.

I also believe what i said a while ago was that you dont see us on the Port board whinging...meaning on the BigFooty Port board.

If you werent banned you'd see that noone had mentioned Smarts article until one of your own supporters brought up a 2 month old thread and metnioned it in there and since then there has been a whopping 2 posts about that article. Yup incredibly hypocritical!

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Porthos, I thought that jmorg1 was banned for 1 week not 1 month?

I think I've been banned permanently but it's ok. I can always sign out if I really want to read what they're posting but I just can't be bothered.

If you havent noticed Port Adleaide would have been criticised 100 times as much as your precious mob over the past couple of years.

And there is a whinge just to prove jmorg1's point. Not the first time Macca19 has come on here with a whinge about the negative press that Port gets.

PS Smarty is a legend. What a stirrer. You just know he writes it with a smirk on his face. While the Port fans read it with froth coming out the mouth.

GOLD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Porthos, I thought that jmorg1 was banned for 1 week not 1 month?
So did I. I'll get onto that.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How ironic

Originally posted by ****
PS Smarty is a legend. What a stirrer. You just know he writes it with a smirk on his face. While the Port fans read it with froth coming out the mouth.

Just as Rucci is with this board.

But anyways, i read the Smart Artical... i actually didn't mind it. Thought some of the things myself.

"gain of salt" as they say.

Yet most people dont realise everyone has a hypercritcal side. Making this thread is doing just that. Everyone has opinions, people disagree, people dont like certain things and people "whine".

I'm sure BOTH sides have done it on many many different boards.

You like to have a go at our choking in finals. Isnt that a bit hypocritical considering Adelaide have choked before in finals and recently have had a knack for screwing their season up before the actual finals begin.

Its what i said before Macca19. But i just got told to **** off ;)

Originally posted by _espoir
Its what i said before Macca19. But i just got told to **** off

Logic and fact has no place on these boards - in fact I'm ashamed of you both for believing it did ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How ironic

Originally posted by dyertribe
Logic and fact has no place on these boards - in fact I'm ashamed of you both for believing it did ;)

:p go crows :p

Yea the crows are bigtime chokers,

93 - Prelim in 3rd season
97 - Premiers from 4th
98 - Premiers from 5th if I remember properly
01 - Make a late season surge and finish 8th, we lost rd 22 against fremantle, however it doesnt mean we stuffed up late in the season because from rd 14-21 we went from no hopers to finals. Lost to a better Carlton, flogged us too good. Jimmy Plunkett ripped us apart.
02 - Prelim final, manage to win a tough away final against Melbourne, come up short due to injuries against collingwood...and that is an excuse, Mark Stevens was forced to play even though he propably didnt even know where he was
03 - Macca you might be right here, from 2nd we dropped to 5th with loses to Collingwood away, Kangaroos at home (absolute disaster) and just coming up short against Port). We still bounced back and won a final, and then did reasonable well for a while in brisbane before naturally they destroyed us.

How does this compare against Port... who have lost in previous years to lower teams in the finals...

Hawthorn - That was a joke, Port fell apart at the end, too much pressure
Collingwood - Start to finish choke show
Sydney - A choke of the highest regard
Collingwood - Got absolutely raped in that prelim final

Wont even mention how yous were no match against Brisbane in a few finals matches cause they are just awesome.

If im right Port in all their glory years have won basically 2 finals
:D .. this Port team will be known as the team that couldnt handle the pressure of the big games, yous have maybe 1 more year in the 'window of opportunity'..unless ofcourse you think you can fill 10 senior players roles with ready made youngsters, because it doesnt work that way, look what happened to the crows this year.

It's a pointless argument.

A realistic Crows supporter will tell you that we have wasted opportunities, none more greater than the 1993 prelim final.
A realistic Port supporter will tell you that they have wasted opportunites as well as they have been the best home and away team for the last two years yet not made a GF.

Unfortunately not many of either exist and you won't convince the non-realists to change their mind.

Originally posted by Fergus
A realistic Crows supporter will tell you that we have wasted opportunities, none more greater than the 1993 prelim final.
A realistic Port supporter will tell you that they have wasted opportunites as well as they have been the best home and away team for the last two years yet not made a GF.

And I'm in the (un?)fortunate position of being able to come from both sides of the divide.

Yes, Port Adelaide has wasted some glorious opportunities to win at least one Premiership in the past three seasons. Yes, they have underachieved.

However no amount of hypocritical gloating from Adelaide supporters can hide the fact that we blew the 1993 Premiership when it was there for the taking, and have faded out - with alarming regularity - at various key junctures of the 2001, 2002 and 2003 seasons.

Indeed, conscious gambles by AFC coaching staff and club officials in chasing a Premiership in 2003 have now seen us fade from being even a competitive side in 2004, let alone a finals or Premiership contender - and we'll be stuck in this rut for some time to come.

Meanwhile Port Adelaide are still a top-four side, and who knows? They might well get it right this time, some luck with injuries permitting. Bottom line? They're still in it to win it.

One particular thing that grated with me was all the laughing and liberal use of the word "choke" following their loss to Essendon in Melbourne...

... when was the last time we beat Essendon in Melbourne? Oh that's right - never!

Originally posted by Fergus
Unfortunately not many of either exist and you won't convince the non-realists to change their mind.

Agreed.

Originally posted by dyertribe
However no amount of hypocritical gloating from Adelaide supporters can hide the fact that we blew the 1993 Premiership when it was there for the taking, and have faded out - with alarming regularity - at various key junctures of the 2001, 2002 and 2003 seasons.

Now, I think "choke" is a mindless putdown, but it's really stretching it to compare the Crows and Port. Surely we've well and truly reached the statute of limitations on 1993 - and fading out over the last couple of years with a side that perhaps we're now learning wasn't quite as good as thought isn't the same as one of the best sides of the last five years constantly letting itself down when it's season was on the line.

I think Port probably will do something this year - law of averages, there's no logical reason why they would drop these games - and certainly they have consistently replentished their list with talent, reinforcing themselves for the future.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How ironic

I actually think Port has gotten it a lot worse than the Crows over the last few years - as an Adelaide boy who loves the Crows, it still used to sicken me when I'd come home and hear the suckjob that the footy team used to get from the media.

I haven't been in SA for a while, but I think it's healthy to get someone like Rucci stirring it up. I don't think you actually love a footy club if you just sit back and constantly spout the party line. You need to criticise when you think it's warranted.

Originally posted by _espoir
"gain of salt" as they say.

Who are they that say that?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How ironic

Originally posted by Kristof
Who are they that say that?

always thought it was a common saying...never said anyone said it. Just a saying dont get worked up over something!

"GRAIN of salt.. yes i know i forgot the R"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back