How ironic

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes the crows have wasted some good chances, but we not wasted anywhere near as many golden chances as port.

You cannot compare Adelaide to Port, Port had finished top two years in a row and still have nothing to show.

You are prepared to talk down Adelaides performances in big games but how about we look at the positives.

93 Hawthorn elimination final - Away
97 Bulldogs Prelim - Away
97 Saints grand final - Away

98 Sydney Semi - Away
98 Bulldogs - Away
98 Kangaroos - Away

Now Port

Tell me if im wrong but they have won 2 finals both at home?

Now tell me Adelaide doesnt have a better record at stepping up in the big games?

I am not someone who wishes the worse to Port, but even Port supporters have got to admit they have not played to their best when it matters most. Adelaide although not innocent of this have also proved they are capable of performing in the big games, something Port need to leanr so if they are to be taken serious come September.

Originally posted by tatts00
You cannot compare Adelaide to Port, Port had finished top two years in a row and still have nothing to show.

Agreed, we did waste some good times... but some of those chances werent loses from many points. Not excuse but yes we get that port have had some golden chances. Home Finals. We'll get there.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How ironic

Originally posted by ****
And there is a whinge just to prove jmorg1's point. Not the first time Macca19 has come on here with a whinge about the negative press that Port gets.

I think it was you as well last time that asked me a question about who I thought the negative journalists towards Port were, i named them, then you had a go at me for whinging.

If you dont want to hear the answer then dont ask the damn question.

PS Smarty is a legend. What a stirrer. You just know he writes it with a smirk on his face. While the Port fans read it with froth coming out the mouth.

GOLD.

And thats exactly how we feel about Rucci and the Crows. You just know hes smirking when hes writing all these smartarse articles about the Crows after the crap he copped pre season and the arrogance of the Crows.

As for Smart, you'd be hard pressed to find a Port supporter that gives an arse about what Nigel thinks. Like when he claimed the Crows had secret tactics to beat us (yet came out with nothing new) and when he claimed the Crows would rough us up (yet didnt), most of what he says is full of crap.

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
01 - Make a late season surge and finish 8th, we lost rd 22 against fremantle, however it doesnt mean we stuffed up late in the season because from rd 14-21 we went from no hopers to finals. Lost to a better Carlton, flogged us too good. Jimmy Plunkett ripped us apart.

So you dont think blowing a home final by losing to Freo who were at the end of just about the worst single season in AFL history (other than Fitzroy) is bad? You dont think allowing Jimmy Plunkett to give you a hiding is bad?

Hawthorn - That was a joke, Port fell apart at the end, too much pressure

On the other thread someone made an excuse for you losing to Freo in Round 22 by saying "from where we came from the year before it was good enough just to make the finals". Maybe I should claim that then as well, considering we finished 14th the year before...

yous have maybe 1 more year in the 'window of opportunity'..unless ofcourse you think you can fill 10 senior players roles with ready made youngsters, because it doesnt work that way, look what happened to the crows this year.

You, and many others claimed we would struggle to make the finals this year, yet we are in 4th spot.

In 2 years time this young kids wont be untried youngsters anymore. In 2 years time they would have developed (hopefully) into good players. If your gonna say in 2 years time all our old heads would have gone then be consistent and realise that also in 2 years time our 20-24 year old stars will be reaching their peak years and our 18-21 year old youngsters will becoming consistent players.

You quote the Crows year this year as a poor example of going from an aging list to a group of youngsters...yet there are also examples of a young list staying at the top of the ladder (Essendon 93 off the top of my head)

but even Port supporters have got to admit they have not played to their best when it matters most.

You go and find me a Port supporter that doesnt admit that.

Every Port supporter knows weve wasted prime oppurtunities for premierships over the past 2 years and youll have a lot of trouble finding a Port supporter that doesnt think that.

What we have a problem with is the inconsistencies. Its hypocritical of Collingwood supporters to continuously have a got at us for choking when theyve won 1 premiership in half a century and 'choked' in about 2 dozen big games in that period. Every single loss we have nowadays is classified as a choke no matter how good the opposition is. For some reason us losing in Brisbane earlier this year was called a choke. Why? Where is the logic in that?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How ironic

Originally posted by Macca19
I think it was you as well last time that asked me a question about who I thought the negative journalists towards Port were, i named them, then you had a go at me for whinging.

You whinged about negative journalists, I asked who.

See which happened first?

Nice try. ;)

And thats exactly how we feel about Rucci and the Crows. You just know hes smirking when hes writing all these smartarse articles about the Crows after the crap he copped pre season and the arrogance of the Crows.

There's a bit of a difference between the roles of what Smart does and what Rucci does.

One is a player (now ex) giving opinion with obvious bias and flavour towards the Crows.

One is supposed to report on facts aswell as give opinion. I don't have a problem with Rucci's opinion, it the factual bits.

I'm sure you can see the difference. It's stupid to even compare.

What we have a problem with is the inconsistencies. Its hypocritical of Collingwood supporters to continuously have a got at us for choking when theyve won 1 premiership in half a century and 'choked' in about 2 dozen big games in that period. Every single loss we have nowadays is classified as a choke no matter how good the opposition is. For some reason us losing in Brisbane earlier this year was called a choke. Why? Where is the logic in that?

EVERY side has CHOKED at one point or another, we've just got the label of it. So every time we lose some supporters, in this case it was a lot of crows supporters came at us with choke choke choke.

no logic in it at all.

Yeah i know what your saying and i dont agree with that at all.
I dont classify any of them being chokes.
I classify a choke as losing a home final or any final for that matter when you finish top.
I get ***** off when port supporters come back and say to us the crows have choked.

The crows have a record of stepping up in big games as i have stated above, and i was not mentioning our home final wins.

When have port stood up? Would you classify it as a choke? if not what would you call it?

What we have a problem with is the inconsistencies. Its hypocritical of Collingwood supporters to continuously have a got at us for choking when theyve won 1 premiership in half a century and 'choked' in about 2 dozen big games in that period.

See that's where you're wrong. It's not hypocritical. Port either 'choked' or they didn't and what Collingwood have done is irrelevant.

You make it sound like Brisbane fans can say Port choked but Collingwood fans can't. Rubbish. It either happened or it didn't and everyone has a right to comment on it.

Im not a collingwood supporter!

what i want to know is, do you think in all honesty that Port ave choked during the finals?

Disregard every other team, just think about the chances you have had and come back to me with an honest answer.

Originally posted by _espoir
EVERY side has CHOKED at one point or another, we've just got the label of it. So every time we lose some supporters, in this case it was a lot of crows supporters came at us with choke choke choke.

no logic in it at all.

Agree with that.

Not every loss is a choke.

Choking is now way overused. And we can blame Port Adelaide for that. :p

In the 1993 prelim I would say we choked. Other than that I don't think we can label any other of our performances as a choke. They were just losses that happened for other various reasons. That's how I interpret the meaning.

yes we did choke in 93 but we learnt from our mistakes and come up tops in 97 and 98.

Port have still not learnt and continually struggle in september.

Why can i not get a port supporter to say they have choked,i dont get how you can justufy that this isnt the case...are all power supporters like this or are my friends just stubborn?

Why can i not get a port supporter to say they have choked,i dont get how you can justufy that this isnt the case...are all power supporters like this or are my friends just stubborn?

Most Port supporters have admitted this and that they underachieved in September - there's only so many times they can be gracious or not get defensive when they now get hit with the label following every loss (Essendon last week?!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by dyertribe
Most Port supporters have admitted this and that they underachieved in September - there's only so many times they can be gracious or not get defensive when they now get hit with the label following every loss (Essendon last week?!).

I agree that it is unreasonable to label it a choke every time they lose (Essendon) but you labelled our decline last season (in other words our loss against the Kangaroos) as a choke. Is there a difference?

i stated that i was only talking about home finals and any final they are in when they finished top of the ladder.
Their loss and any other loss during the minor round is just that a loss.

Im not a collingwood supporter!

I know this. It was an example.

what i want to know is, do you think in all honesty that Port ave choked during the finals?

Disregard every other team, just think about the chances you have had and come back to me with an honest answer.

Of course we have choked in the finals. Ive said so 100 times on this board. Every Port supporter will tell you weve choked. Its a fact. We realise this. We dont need people to tell us weve choked...we already know!!

thankyou macca

I have not been on this board very long so i have not heard your opinion before.

All the port supporters i know try and justify that they have not choked and that always annoyed me, so now i can put it to rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back