How is Cody Weightman to blame for a 49 point loss?

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
I didnt watch that game but all coverage seems to be about Weightman costing the Dons.

Any of you Tulla flogs want to explain how he was the difference in an 8-goal reaming.

mike ross

All Australian
Jun 8, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
I'm not blaming him. We lost because we played a much more developed, hardened finals side that were basically top 2 for the entire year. Meanwhile we scraped into finals, weren't even supposed to be there according to the experts at the start of the year (including BF experts too) and imo we weren't ready for it. Hopefully a good experience for the boys though.

We exceeded expectations, unearthed some good kids under a first year coach. Imo, we did well this year.

Apologies for my reasoned response. :thumbsu:

It seems that many Essendon flogs forget their team got all three of the 50m penalties awarded yesterday. Devon Smith kicked a goal from one of them :rolleyesv1:

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Reckon the game was pretty level before Weightman copped a couple of dodgy frees and all the momentum went the Doggies way after that.

The Bombers are pretty rubbish though, and would have given up eventually anyway.

Apr 12, 2006
Booking desk, TISM boat hire
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Victory
When you're reading the OP and lowkey they're making a lot of sense...
makes sense.jpg

Cody Weightman.

* clearly not in his weight division.

drcollossimo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
What I can't understand though is why the Bulldogs just have so many incredibly unlikeable players. It's been that way for as long as I can remember too.
It’s because they duck dive n chuck at every opportunity

They do it every week and almost every week umps get sucked into it

Throw dogs fans point to Robbie Gray being a flopper which is hilariously ironic for a team containing Weightman, Libba, Macrae, Naughton all of whom either play rugby or fallover like theyre on a slip n slide the instant someone tackles them

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle

Throw dogs fans point to Robbie Gray being a flopper which is hilariously ironic for a team containing Weightman, Libba, Macrae, Naughton all of whom either play rugby or fallover like theyre on a slip n slide the instant someone tackles them
There was one instance during the game where one of the bulldogs players got tackled around the waist and he instantly threw his arms apart and dropped the ball as soon as he felt contact. Got pinged HTB and looked shocked it got called. Has to be coached as their players do it non-stop.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There was one instance during the game where one of the bulldogs players got tackled around the waist and he instantly threw his arms apart and dropped the ball as soon as he felt contact. Got pinged HTB and looked shocked it got called. Has to be coached as their players do it non-stop.
That is afl wide though. Umpiring was bad on both sides yesterday. Lots if throwing from a lot of players

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
how did Stringer go? Saw he kicked the opening goal, did he do anything after that? :think:
9 kicks 0 handpasses at 33% efficiency. Still hasn't won a final since we carried him through the 2016 series.

Media are probably still comparing him to Dustin Martin, as laughable as the comparison of their career form across finals may be.

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
9 kicks 0 handpasses at 33% efficiency. Still hasn't won a final since we carried him through the 2016 series.

Media are probably still comparing him to Dustin Martin, as laughable as the comparison of their career form across finals may be.
Stick to the topic please. Norwich rising duck award goes too…..

Last time they met. Free kicks:

Port 23
Bulldogs 15

Your salt is hilarious

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
I remember Dylan Grimes copped the same type of abuse for milking a free and was apparently the reason they lost last year.

I think there is a common trend, some bomber fans are just really sore losers and take it way too serious.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Stick to the topic please. Norwich rising duck award goes too…..
Who would have thought that Essington recruiting the world's softest midfield would bite them on the bum in an knockout final played entirely in the rain.

Well I would have, but you * folk all seemed to think that Stringer was the solution to your midfield crapness.

Cookie

Club Legend
May 2, 2004
Right in front of you
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CreweAlex,SF Giants,Detroit Lions
Jealousy is a curse and the Drug Cheats are afflicted more than anyone.
Personally, I blame 2MP and Devon (Great Waste of Space) Smith for their thrashing.

I liked the bit where the umpire missed the jumper hold a few seconds before that last Cody Weightman goal.
If the umpires were doing their job he would have had an easier shot on goal than the boundary kick he had.

Back