How is everyone feeling now?

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Coach appointment critical.

Of course time will tell but excitement levels may fluctuate on who we pick.

I'll be apprehensive no matter who it is. Mainly because it's such a big appointment, but also because I'm not 100% convinced on those I'm led to believe are still in the race. Noble seems OK but hasn't had a senior coaching job for 16 years, Gia seems to have come from nowhere, Banger Harvey feels a bit vanilla. Given Rawlings' knowledge of the Eagles, I'm most at ease, but not totally sold on Graham.

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Our previous admin would have never traded Brown or Higgins or for that matter, turned over what, 13 players in one off season?

I am happy that where we finish on the ladder is what we deserve and part of the process for the next tilt.

We are not scratching out an extra couple of spots on the ladder clinging onto senior players and journeymen.

Given that Brisbane, St Kilda and Carlton seem to pick up players at a rapid rate, when we go down that path, it will be the finishing pieces and I think players will want to come if we stock pile enough young talent.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would put money that we will delist another potentially 6 next offseason. The 11 this year isn’t the end.

I hope your not seeking long odds because imo tha5s a lock. The big issue in the next few seasons will be our lack of depth will be severely tested if we have another run of injuries such as this year.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll be apprehensive no matter who it is. Mainly because it's such a big appointment, but also because I'm not 100% convinced on those I'm led to believe are still in the race. Noble seems OK but hasn't had a senior coaching job for 16 years, Gia seems to have come from nowhere, Banger Harvey feels a bit vanilla. Given Rawlings' knowledge of the Eagles, I'm most at ease, but not totally sold on Graham.

I don't know but I agree it's hard to be confident regardless.

Noble and Graham seem best of the lot - the latter I'd pick.

Harvey and all those no thanks as they'd be coaches already. (imo)

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Choppy, you can get excited, I watched the Q&A and the word that resonated the most was "methodical'. We're no longer scatter gunning our approach and have a plan and it makes sense.

Also they've backed in the housewife favourite which is youth and it = hope.

Good to hear TAO then.

Me get excited? Never........ha

Long Live the King

Premiership Player
Feb 24, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure who is driving it but there appears to be a degree of composure about the approach the club is taking....very measured even against the backdrop of massive delistings, coaching departures etc. Blakeys appointment at the time serves to reinforce that he must have been impressed with the leadership and direction of the club. I think we are in good hands.

Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
Although it seemed we were all at sea, there were people working hard to keep things organised and building a path forward.

The job is far from done and there is still immense work, decisions and execution ahead, but all you want to see from a club with issues is a way out.

It's evidence from everyone's powers of observation there is a clear path ahead. Whether it is the right one, time will tell and we'll only know then.

Until then, everyone here deserves a holiday and a rest.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Outside of a key forward, we have a lot of the key pieces. Whether LDU, Thomas, Simpkin, Stephenson and Zurhaar can take the step to Top 50 A Grade league type players will determine whether we are mid pack for setting up for a run.

Also, a coach who isn't influenced by the past structures and selections would be nice.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We added four players. Two of which I'm certain are best 22 locks that fit our age profile: Corr and Stephenson. Rate the additions of Young and Bosenavulagi highly. This was done without touching our two first rounders. We lost two players I respect enormously but they wouldn't be playing in our next Grand Final so it's a positive list move.

I'm feeling great. The club is moving in a positive direction and it's moving quickly.

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
We added four players. Two of which I'm certain are best 22 locks that fit our age profile: Corr and Stephenson. Rate the additions of Young and Bosenavulagi highly. This was done without touching our two first rounders. We lost two players I respect enormously but they wouldn't be playing in our next Grand Final so it's a positive list move.

I'm feeling great. The club is moving in a positive direction and it's moving quickly.
Premiers 2023, ‘24, ‘25’, ‘26.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Game plan for starters mate.

It doesn't matter for 12 months, lets be honest.

Have we ever had a game plan, Snake?

In my time of watching North 1987 thru today, the only discernible gameplan I can recall, is kicking long to Carey.

And to expect a bunch of kids to be able to carry out some overly complex game plan at least on face value, seems a bridge too far.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Now that none of the 12 delisted players found a new AFL home I think we can comfortably say that the club made the right list management decisions in the 24 hours post the last game of the season.

It has been an impressive 1 year restructuring of a playing and coaching list that any club has undertaken in the modern era.

There is another round to go on the player side at the end of the 2021 season and then the restructure will be complete.

A 2 year rebuild to set us up for the next 6-8 years.

People were worried about what Brady and co were up to - well now we know its better to rip the band aid off than the alternative which we had tried over the previous 5 years.

We can argue about the pros and cons of certain selections - what we can't dispute though is in the blink of an eye this rebuild is now 3/4's through

Bloody amazing really.

Management has done/is doing its job - its now over to the coaches and rejuvenated list to produce.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Now that none of the 12 delisted players found a new AFL home I think we can comfortably say that the club made the right list management decisions in the 24 hours post the last game of the season.

It has been an impressive 1 year restructuring of a playing and coaching list that any club has undertaken in the modern era.

There is another round to go on the player side at the end of the 2021 season and then the restructure will be complete.

A 2 year rebuild to set us up for the next 6-8 years.

People were worried about what Brady and co were up to - well now we know its better to rip the band aid off than the alternative which we had tried over the previous 5 years.

We can argue about the pros and cons of certain selections - what we can't dispute though is in the blink of an eye this rebuild is now 3/4's through

Bloody amazing really.

Management has done/is doing its job - its now over to the coaches and rejuvenated list to produce.

A - f******* - MEN

First time in a long time I’ve had complete faith in the decisions coming out of Arden St.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
images.jpeg-15.jpg

Marksup

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Teams are all still trying to do the mini-rebuild, which will absolutely play into our hands. Only Gold Coast have really bottomed out properly along with us. We are in a prime position to take this competition by the balls in 4-5 years.

There are still tough times ahead no doubt. We will cop it from media next year, but as a supporter, keep your eye on the prize.

We have 4-5 players with genuine superstar potential on our list, something we haven’t been able to say since the glory days.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pumped is how I feel .

We were a cub run by shitmen, they've all departed and of course some players who had they been at a professional club their careers may well have turned out differently. I do feel for them.

I'd be shocked if Garners returns after Christmas with his guts hanging over his shorts, just sayin.

Back