How is Fyfe's elbow guard legal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night Fyfe seemed to lightly clip Yeo over the head with his elbow guard which left Yeo on the ground for a minute.

Ordinary this high contact would not hurt anyone, yet the hard bracing inside Fyfe's guard had a pretty big impact on Yeo.

Fyfe has been quoted as saying he doesnt need the elbow guard, but just wears it no due to superstition, and so his grandma can spot him.

For a guy who has history of elbowing people in the head, why does the AFL continue to allow this?

View attachment 704895

View attachment 704892

View attachment 704893

View attachment 704894
fyfe didn't even hit him with the supposed 'guard' - it was clearing the inside of his elbow joint.

it's not like it's a actual guard, looks like padding anyway.

regardless, standard wce trolling, no surprises here.

Wow. Eagles fans complaining about a 'head high hit' in a derby.

Classy.

Believe it or not Derby high hits have been happening since before 2018

See Gardiner, Jakovich, Kickett, Read, Dodd, McPharlin, Farmer, Pavlich and others who have all been reported and suspended in derbies for various high hits.

Believe it or not Derby high hits have been happening since before 2018

See Gardiner, Jakovich, Kickett, Read, Dodd, McPharlin, Farmer, Pavlich and others who have all been reported and suspended in derbies for various high hits.

How many of them had their jaw broken and teeth caved in?

So we're in agreement, fyfe elbow brace really isn't that bad? It can be a lot worse. Just ask Gaff.

Yeah it wasn't that bad, but Fyfe needs to curb the way he plays (see above for his tribunal record)

That has zero relevance to Gaff and is a poor deflection tactic.

Yeah it wasn't that bad, but Fyfe needs to curb the way he plays (see above for his tribunal record)

That has zero relevance to Gaff and is a poor deflection tactic.

It not a deflection.

Yeo got a love tap here. He's probably had worse hits getting out of bed.

ohhh zinga brah!

Thanks for proving your inability to address the topic at hand.

You're repeatedly bringing up Gaff in a thread about Fyfe's hit on Yeo and his elbow guard, and you are telling others to address the topic on hand?

Irony

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh the ole encase of emergency break the strawman glass

Serious question, what more do you want from Gaff?

The Fremantle football club has moved on, the Brayshaw family has moved on, Andrew Brayshaw has moved on but your supporters still have an axe to grind over it. You got to boo him 34 times on Saturday night (well if you did stay until the end, unllike the masses of Freo supporters who left early) and it's still not enough?

He's done his time, cost him a premiership and everyone involved has moved on. Get over it

Be less concerned about what happened 12 months ago and more concerned about Fyfe who by the end of today could be reaching double figures at the tribunal for suspensions + fines. Ironically stop living in the past :p

Serious question, what more do you want from Gaff?

The Fremantle football club has moved on, the Brayshaw family has moved on, Andrew Brayshaw has moved on but your supporters still have an axe to grind over it. You got to boo him 34 times on Saturday night (well if you did stay until the end, unllike the masses of Freo supporters who left early) and it's still not enough?

He's done his time, cost him a premiership and everyone involved has moved on. Get over it

Serious question, do you really think eagles fans should tell anyone to stop booing anyone?

I didn't boo Gaff. I don't really boo anyone.

I bring it up because ... take a look at this thread. It's incredibly poor trolling from the OP. Of all the things to talk about ... this? Its just sad. Enjoy your win and chance for back to back flags.

Serious question, do you really think eagles fans should tell anyone to stop booing anyone?

I didn't boo Gaff. I don't really boo anyone.

I bring it up because ... take a look at this thread. It's incredibly poor trolling from the OP. Of all the things to talk about ... this? Its just sad. Enjoy your win and chance for back to back flags.

I was at the game, I didn't have a problem with the booing nor did I join in the cheering of Gaff either. He was always going to cop it from the crowd, and fair enough too given what happened.

Although misguided, it is a fair question about arm guards given what happened to Josh Thurgood when he got introduced to Matt Lloyd's arm guard. It doesn't look like Fyfe's guard is made of the same material though, so no harm no foul.

terminator-2-01142013.jpg

Didn't Dwayne Lamb play several games with a hard plastic cast on his forearm?

He is allowed to wear it because the afl thinks it is an American sporting league and has to copy everything it can; micing the umpires up, having the umpires explain a decision at length so attention is on them, shitty score reviews, the stupid lab +/- crap on foxtel, stupid stats like ‘goal assists and metres gained’ and calling everyone a quarterback.

It’s emabressing. There are proper compression garments you can get so you don’t look like a total flog but hey, it’s the American way

No other player in the game currently comes close to Fyfes record:
4 X times he's been suspended for incidents
5 X times he's been fined for incidents
At least another 5 times he's been cited for incidents but cleared

In total it's a least 14 times he's drawn the attention of the MRP for one reason or another.

The answer to who comes close might be Ben Cunnington, he just received his 5th fine for the season
wtf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back