Analysis How is Jake Kolodjashnij going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he had one goal already?
He has more than one goal, but one of his goals is to score his first goal!
Anyway, I really like him in our team. Glad we have kept Bewsy and JK going.
If only we could get Thurlow up to speed.

As is often the case with young players, you need to throw them in the deep end and see if they can sink or swim.

Great signs so far.
Nakia and I had the same convo last year.
He needed testing and has got it out of necessity, which is probably better than giving him the big job with Harry or Hendo in the team. They'd be there to help him if needed, like a lifeguard.

This is truly sink or swim. Atm he's swimming. Stewart is doing even better.

Nakia and I had the same convo last year.
He needed testing and has got it out of necessity, which is probably better than giving him the big job with Harry or Hendo in the team. They'd be there to help him if needed, like a lifeguard.

This is truly sink or swim. Atm he's swimming. Stewart is doing even better.
He's been great this year. He's not a flanker or a wingman, he's a 'defender'.

Thurlow is no Kolo.

Never will be!
Agree, I have always been a JK supporter.
But IF we could get Thurlow bck to his confident best, his skills and kicking would be an asset.
Would hate to see him go to, say Hawthorn, get over his injuries, and really produce what he is capable of.

Agree, I have always been a JK supporter.
But IF we could get Thurlow bck to his confident best, his skills and kicking would be an asset.
Would hate to see him go to, say Hawthorn, get over his injuries, and really produce what he is capable of.

Hmmm, thought I was his only supporter there for a moment... good to hear there were a few others

Yeah his kicking is elite but it's very difficult to fix his psyche. A few other in that boat too...

I have been a critic of Kolo..never really impressed me..

Seems to have turned the corner this year by putting in good performances....kudos to him. The absence of Taylor and Hendo has brought out the best in him.

Still has a way to go, but making big strides forward this year. Now if only Thurlow could emulate him.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been a critic of Kolo..never really impressed me..

Seems to have turned the corner this year by putting in good performances....kudos to him. The absence of Taylor and Hendo has brought out the best in him.

Still has a way to go, but making big strides forward this year. Now if only Thurlow could emulate him.....

I allways been a fan - but i think your right - just a few occasions he somehow doesnt get in the contest- re marking the ball ( with direct opponent ) and then curses himself for not doing it

Gunston beat him pointless a couple of times - and i thought at the time - as promising as Kolo is ( and easily in Geel best team ) - that a top notch defender like Taylor in that situation with Gunston - he would have got a hand in - or made body contact and spoiled it

So Kolo - going well and promising - but he is no Harry Taylor - at this stage

He’s a decent defender at the moment and probably the best tall timber we have at the moment. Do we think Henry, Stewart and Kolo will become the next Scarlo, Harry and Harley? May be slightly too small compared the three?

He’s a decent defender at the moment and probably the best tall timber we have at the moment. Do we think Henry, Stewart and Kolo will become the next Scarlo, Harry and Harley? May be slightly too small compared the three?

How tall are Kolo and Stewart compared to Scarlo and Harry?

Wouldn't be much difference, kolo is 6'4, don't think scarlo is taller than that..

How tall are Kolo and Stewart compared to Scarlo and Harry?

Wouldn't be much difference, kolo is 6'4, don't think scarlo is taller than that..
He somehow looks smaller. I really like the composure of Henry in his second game. He seems a real find. Also want to see House and Gardner to debut this season. Hope they are not the next Tom
Giles.

He somehow looks smaller. I really like the composure of Henry in his second game. He seems a real find. Also want to see House and Gardner to debut this season. Hope they are not the next Tom
Giles.

It's his legs balancing him out a bit :p

I just looked it up.

Kolo - 193cm
Stewart - 190cm
Henry - 191 cm

Taylor - 195cm
Scarlo - 192cm

Nakia you mentioned that the defence was actually doing well given the circumstances and this is as good a place to show it. It applies to Henry, Zuthrie, Stewart, Touhy and Bews as well as Kolo but seems relevant.

We are ranked 18th for inside 50's we concede. The most in the competition yet our goals conceded ranks 8th when measured against Inside 50's. That is we concede a goal 24% of the time the ball enters our D50. 10 sides are worse than us at this, this includes the premiers with the over-hyped Rance, and Astbury.

Clearly our problems lie in midfield and with forward pressure. When we lay F50 tackles, stop turning the ball over, and have mids who run both ways is when we'll see what this makeshift defence is capable of achieving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back