How is the SANFL going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Im overseas so didn´t see it. Heard the weather was garbage so 27k isn't bad all things considering..?

I will watch the highlights or a replay when i get to it. Heard it was great game.

Well done to Norwood and North.

Im overseas so didn´t see it. Heard the weather was garbage so 27k isn't bad all things considering..?

I will watch the highlights or a replay when i get to it. Heard it was great game.

Well done to Norwood and North.
It was a great game. Had my heart racing watching it. Well done to the Redlegs.

Yes what a finish.

28k crowd to a SANFL Grand Final.

What is the lowest Grad final crowd ever?
SANFL Grand Finals ordered by crowd

There have been a number of sub 30k crowds since 2000.
Some clubs aren't greatly supported and there has been a general decline in the comp overall.
It probably goes without saying, but the conditions would have kept the numbers down this year.

Yeah Looking now.

Cheers for website.

Grand finals basically sold out from 1963 to 1990 when SA joined the AFL

"The Way It Was" annual season reviews of the SANFL were fantastic - and actually make "That Was the Season That Was" look ordinary

The crowds back in the day were wonderful. It saddens me to think that so many people completely disregard the domestic comp today which unlike the VFL, hasn't allowed bigger fish AFL clubs to completely come in and dictate all terms. People say the VFL was always the better comp, but South Australia fielded good teams in State of Origin and some of those matches back in the 80s were absolute classics - regardless of the outcome

The fact that Sturt and North Adelaide can post solid crowd numbers relative to others is heartening.
I'd love to see South Adelaide return to prominence and win a flag as it has been far too long

SANFL crowds must be lowest ever now.
Doesn’t help when supporters from both AFL reserves teams fail to turn up, Power supporters being at an all time low.
Glenelg v Sturt in a couple of weeks will be an interesting test of crowd numbers, if it’s good weather you’d expect a solid 6000 there.

Was in Adelaide recently.

Didn't go SANFL but went and watched some SANFL under 16s.

Was super impressed with the difference between now and back in my day.

The speed, skill level and body size of the kids has evolved so much.

Playing numbers and talent must be very healthy at junior level in South Australia.

Good stuff.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back