Review How is this board for you? ***Crows only***

How's the board travelling from your perspective?

• Everything is awesome

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Okaaayyy but please consider...

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I'm contemplating spending less time here because....

Votes: 23 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
As part of a BigFooty wide initiative, we are seeking feedback from you all about the Crows Board. What works, what doesn't, how we moderators are doing and what we can do to make it better.

Vote in the poll, but take some time to give us your thoughts. This thread will remain open for seven days. The only moderator intervention will be to enforce rules.

Over to you guys.

Ps yes... our first crows only thread.

It's quite good.

Things I Like About This Board:

spirited debate
clever insightful posts
alternative to 5AA / MMM / ignorance etc (all the same thing)
always good for a laugh
the 2-for-1 drink specials
the camaraderie
me

Things I Don't Like About This Board:

school holidays
tha posterz that cant firm a sintence widout a bunchof typografikal errorz and speling misteaks as it drive me crazy. although i accept that it is part of being a community... people, if you want to make a point, please follow the rules of spelling and logic.
the banning of @crowmo - the word evisceration was made for him
i think we're too lenient with posters from other teams who deserve banzhammers. I will mash buttons more to do my part. I don't want us to turn into Carlton's board, where they are supremely touchy, but i think there's some wiggle room.
the mods. what a bunch of excellent, smart, attractive individuals.

For those who don't think the content here is good, it's a community board. The content comes from the community. Spend the time to make clever threads or post interestingly. Failing that cat videos are good.

Last edited:

i feel that only the "elite" of the board get to have an opinion. no-one elses opinions matter

apart from that, yeah it's fine

Mostly good for me. Tapatalk has always worked on my phone, so not sure what issues people are encountering.

Few points:

Time to change the Sack Trigg avatars. If you want to protest about Chapman or Sando or whoever, go for it. But Trigg is gone, time to move on.

Not enough people report posts. Way too many times threads derail into a pointless personal spat. Sooooo annoying.

I think more people need to mute other users. There's a certain poster that seems to be despised by a large majority here, and constantly complaining about his posting. You don't have to read it, it's made my enjoyment of BF far greater.

Find it much too negative. All doom and gloom. Certain posters turn every thread into the same old debates even if it doesn't relate to the topic ie Trigg, certain players, Sando etc.

However I am a very optimistic person and always look for the positives in a situation so maybe its just my problem.

I must commend the job moderators do in large. They are harsh but fair and do not hit that ban button too hastily.

Largely agree with Heafy. Without matchday threads I don't find much edification from constantly going over the same points (sack X/drop Y/going backwards/never win a premiership etc).

Even though I agree with or have sympathy for many of the sentiments I'm sick of hearing about them on this board so I spend more time elsewhere on bigfooty. I am very negative about our prospects in any given match, but I like to tell myself we are actually a chance for a premiership at some point in the future so every thread talking about how terrible we are is a bit tiring. I'd never tell anyone not to talk about those things though, it's a free board. I just don't read much any more.

Find it much too negative. All doom and gloom. Certain posters turn every thread into the same old debates even if it doesn't relate to the topic ie Trigg, certain players, Sando etc.

However I am a very optimistic person and always look for the positives in a situation so maybe its just my problem.

I must commend the job moderators do in large. They are harsh but fair and do not hit that ban button too hastily.

Pretty much this

I love the mod comments on troll posters to see what action has been taken. Transparency is important

I'm one of those that do hit the report button and normally you just get a notification saying "your query has been resolved" so its good to see what has been done

The negativity does get a bit tiresome, but i can see where its derived from. I think this board would improve greatly with just 1 flag!

AFC, make it happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mods doing a good job...

Port flogs get a bit overwhelming with their pitch invasions when they're up and about...

thread derailments - some posters hijack a thread and take it off opening post course...

Posters generally keeping it interesting... love the picture threads - circa2014 and so on.
and some good points of view surface...

now can the crows get some consistently good footy going please?

Largely agree with Heafy. Without matchday threads I don't find much edification from constantly going over the same points (sack X/drop Y/going backwards/never win a premiership etc).

Even though I agree with or have sympathy for many of the sentiments I'm sick of hearing about them on this board so I spend more time elsewhere on bigfooty. I am very negative about our prospects in any given match, but I like to tell myself we are actually a chance for a premiership at some point in the future so every thread talking about how terrible we are is a bit tiring. I'd never tell anyone not to talk about those things though, it's a free board. I just don't read much any more.

I still read a lot, but if there was an alternative board if use that instead.

The crazy negativity of many posters, assuming every thing is wrong or bad or terrible and the hijacking of threads drives me nuts.

But I want the game day and drafting threads, so I'm not sure where else I'd go.

The Tapatalk issues was almost the last straw for me - and the ads are crazy.

..... no one, literally nobody at all celebrates or is happy with mediocrity......

Yet we hear it spoken about as if it is some fact etched in the stone of the AFC 10 commandments. The various iterations of this position using words to similar effect ruin many threads making a significant number of discussions virtually unreadable.

However I am a very optimistic person and always look for the positives in a situation so maybe its just my problem..

Pretty difficult to fix this. People need to feel like they can post what's on their mind. Your optimism is appreciated though...keep posting.

Maybe certain threads could be outlined a bit clearer by the person starting them. Just ask people not to let it slip into full on doom and gloom and stick to the topic?

I find this board pretty great. Not as knowledgeable as lots of you but reading through threads has got me more interested in the details of the club, and how we can improve. I don't mind supporters of other clubs posting on here...can lead to some good discussion and rarely seems to get out of hand.

The only issues I have with the board are those that are endemic on most forums: Overly negative posts that go on about the same tired points.

this is it !

then the bickering and I know footy better than you posts. Pods is crap, no he's not, yes he is here are the stats, well here's JJ's stats to say he's not blah blah blah

Negativity and trolls overwhelm it.

3-5 years ago Im reading 90% of threads every day.
These days Im reading 20% of threads and skipping the board all together some days.

I think the negativity will change if we have a couple of good seasons, but the leniency of the mods to trolls does make the board s**t at times and is what is probably making me venture to other boards more often these days.

Back