How is your Thursday looking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Busy day at work head home around four after picking up ingredients for pies to cook in my new father's day pie maker - start cooking various pie fillings, stair walk in a very late attempt to get fit for a 96km walk through the jungle, set up the Crows shrine - open first beer at 6:00, will be so nervous will have had fourth beer by 6:20, place some ridiculous bets on sportsbet which all end in us winning, drink more beer, panic because I haven't got the pie dead line sorted - greet power supporting friends drink more beer and scare the neighbourhood with screaming at the TV, drink more beer -realise the stair walk was a waste of time, check multi realise that was a waste of time and money -crack a rum to celebrate our 26 point victory. Can't wait!

Bit of work but weather permitting, it'll probably be shitty with intermittent showers so I'll probably be looking for other stuff to do, get impatient, go home early, walk the dog and then head in (probably early and have a couple of beers in the city to soak up the atmosphere), then meet a mate at the ground and head in.

Busy day at work head home around four after picking up ingredients for pies to cook in my new father's day pie maker - start cooking various pie fillings, stair walk in a very late attempt to get fit for a 96km walk through the jungle, set up the Crows shrine - open first beer at 6:00, will be so nervous will have had fourth beer by 6:20, place some ridiculous bets on sportsbet which all end in us winning, drink more beer, panic because I haven't got the pie dead line sorted - greet power supporting friends drink more beer and scare the neighbourhood with screaming at the TV, drink more beer -realise the stair walk was a waste of time, check multi realise that was a waste of time and money -crack a rum to celebrate our 26 point victory. Can't wait!

I thought the concensus was 33 points.

Game starts 7:50 cairns time.
Hopefully half time is at about 9pm when I have to nip out to pick up my kid from scouts. Roar home and get on it. Hopefully we're up by that stage. Gunna have big time butterflies and can't settle the nerves grrrrr.

Change of venue , but its in the city, but its 8am start so 6am wake up. Carpark booked. Planting trees for the zoo tomorrow then leave early. As I am in the city head back to car and change and drop stuff off pick up Crows gear then head into the Mall and try and steal Glennys tickets. Have North Indian but this time relaxed sitting down with a coffee. Watch the world go by until I get a phone call from my brother then head to oval. Find seat then enjoy the game while the Indian burbles away

Then sit back and really enjoy a 33 point win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Working til 5pm. Then heading home to walk the dog. Busily feed the baby while the wife gets tea ready. Then watch the game whilst trying to hear the commentators over the sound of a crying, teething baby, before joining in on the crying mid way through the last quarter.

Roll out of bed...synch 5AA to television. :p

However, I pity the fools that cross me at work later in the morning if it doesn't go well. :D

Day off

Get around me
Ditto, I have arranged a 4 day weekend.
Sleep in, off to the gym, annoy posters on BigFooty, meet mates at pub at 5, get to the ground at 6.30.

Its been a while since we have been a genuine chance so I plan to soak it in.

Hopefully I will spend Friday checking flights to Melbourne in late September and organising the invitation list for the Penthouse just of Chapel Street.

Like Wetcrow 1991: "Bludge". :D
In Darwin for 21 day old grandson and Crows supporting 2 year old grandson and their Mum, my mad crows fan daughter.
Granny and Mum doing pie night, SC7 doing the match, plenty of red on the shelf, beer in the fridge, what more could one ask for?
Oh, a win, I guess. :cool:

Work from home as I do each Thursday. Sneak over to the Bottle'o to get some Coopers Red Devils. Pick kids up from school, come home and log back on and give off the impression that I am actively working, all the while trawling Bigfooty in preparation for the game.

Get dinner on early, have a couple of warm up beers. Get the kids fed and into bed and asleep prior to 7pm. Tidy up, do the dishes whilst listening to AA Pre Game chatter.

Come 7:20pm, i'm on the couch cheering on the boys, trying not to wake up the kids.

Finally, pretending to not be drunk when the missus gets home from work at 11pm with the hope of swinging the leg over to celebrate a Crows win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back