How Long Can We Stay with Holden?

Remove this Banner Ad

So what does this mean for the sponsorship of the club and the naming rights of Collingwood HQ?

I know one thing this news will certainly up the value of my LJ Torrie and 6 litre Stater.

"...
Here’s why there is no recovery plan: it would have cost GM $1 billion to develop the next Colorado ute, of which 50,000 a year are sold in the Asia-Pacific region.

Or the parent company can allocate that same $1 billion to the next Chevrolet Silverado and GMC pick-ups, of which more than 750,000 are sold annually in the US, at substantially higher profit. "It’s a no-brainer," said one car industry veteran speaking on condition of anonymity.

"

What I'm reading there is seriously underwhelming. Holden only sells 50000 Colorados a year given current product engineering and perceived quality. Why bother building a product that can legitimally compete on a world stage if GM can sell enough similarly mediocre product in the US at much greater volume and profit margin?

We should go with LADA matches our 2 premiership performance in the last 63 years ...

That post adds nothing of value. You want your contribution to this board of Collingwood supporters to be better than that.

You could have argued that in your opinion that the Collingwood brand no longer holdsthe cachet it once had, and might struggle to attract a big name sponsor. This would invite counterpoints and discussion.

What you posted was pretty much along the lines of "we're shyte". How do you expect people to respond to this statement? An opposition supporter would get carded for this.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1990 = 1
2010 = 2
1990 to 2020 (current year and not complete) = 30

Surely it can't be that difficult?
From 1959 to the present year =2 premierships in 62 years (current year not complete)

Surely it can't be that difficult.

The poster posted a factual post.
peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers

We should've kicked them out 10 years ago... Billions of tax payer money down the drain in a completely unsustainable business.
Ah, so much kool aid swallowed.
When the Liberal Government decided to try and make some political headlines by calling out local manufacturers on the subsidies paid, a strategy that spectacularly backfired, the Australian public was contributing about $250 per vehicle produced. More than offset by the GST recovered when the vehicle was sold. I’m not even going to mention the taxes paid by the employees, and the employees of the supply chain.
Meanwhile, the German powerhouse vehicle manufacturers, VW, Mercedes, BMW, where getting approx $400 per vehicle produced from its government!
https://www.motoring.com.au/secret-german-auto-subsidies-exposed-107275/
We lost the ability to manufacture. We lost the ability to use that technology in other industries.
We became a nation of B&B’s and coffee houses.
What a loss that will be felt over the next 100 years.

Ah, so much kool aid swallowed.
When the Liberal Government decided to try and make some political headlines by calling out local manufacturers on the subsidies paid, a strategy that spectacularly backfired, the Australian public was contributing about $250 per vehicle produced. More than offset by the GST recovered when the vehicle was sold. I’m not even going to mention the taxes paid by the employees, and the employees of the supply chain.
Meanwhile, the German powerhouse vehicle manufacturers, VW, Mercedes, BMW, where getting approx $400 per vehicle produced from its government!
https://www.motoring.com.au/secret-german-auto-subsidies-exposed-107275/
We lost the ability to manufacture. We lost the ability to use that technology in other industries.
We became a nation of B&B’s and coffee houses.
What a loss that will be felt over the next 100 years.

Must be mentioned that the German government has much greater ROI on the $400 subsidy per vehicle manufactured than we did on the $250 we spent but your point is valid. We should have thought longer and harder about stopping the subsidies but the Commodore and Falcon were not the answer.

Must be mentioned that the German government has much greater ROI on the $400 subsidy per vehicle manufactured than we did on the $250 we spent but your point is valid. We should have thought longer and harder about stopping the subsidies but the Commodore and Falcon were not the answer.
Well then, looks like the Camry was!

Well then, looks like the Camry was!

Agreed. The Camry built here was a world class product and the local arm got decent numbers to the Middle east.

From 1959 to the present year =2 premierships in 62 years (current year not complete)

Surely it can't be that difficult.

The poster posted a factual post.
peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
Ah, now I think I get it

So as to make one's argument look good you can just arbitrarily tack on a few years at any point one likes, and then say "see I told ya"

I'll give it a shot
I'll remove a few years from my calculation (coz that's the rule you like to use)
I'll take of 10 years off at the end which gives us 2 flags in 20 years which is even better than I originally had

Hey, I like this way of getting to a number that fits my argument even if its not the slightest bit factual.....its a nice game

Ah, now I think I get it

So as to make one's argument look good you can just arbitrarily tack on a few years at any point one likes, and then say "see I told ya"

I'll give it a shot
I'll remove a few years from my calculation (coz that's the rule you like to use)
I'll take of 10 years off at the end which gives us 2 flags in 20 years which is even better than I originally had

Hey, I like this way of getting to a number that fits my argument even if its not the slightest bit factual.....its a nice game
Your insane.
What the poster posted was correct and what you posted was also correct, just using different time frames.
But you belittled him as if what he was saying was incorrect.
Don't waste my time with your crap.

Leave me out of it!

Just guessing VP but I reckon it had the name long before yourself! Love to have a home ground advantage like we used to have at Vicci Park. I mean I love the "G" but it doesn't make oppo teams scared to peer outside the race like the old joint did!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back