How Long Can We Stay with Holden?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Furphy Centre would work.
Would fall in line with our injury reports & the ongoing spin regarding our success in the past 50 years.
Furphy is Geelong sewage

Surely Ed isn't using his connections again is he?
"The online property company, which is 60 per cent owned by Nine"
"a fresh desire for a more targeted and local marketing approach as opposed to one focused on generating national awareness of the brand"

Just guessing VP but I reckon it had the name long before yourself! Love to have a home ground advantage like we used to have at Vicci Park. I mean I love the "G" but it doesn't make oppo teams scared to peer outside the race like the old joint did!
Loved Victoria Park, a black and white one-eyed paradise

Holden started with the medium sized FX and FJ - finished with a family sized FU!

Joke aside, they actually started in saddlery or horse carriages back in the mid-late 1800's didn't they? There was a guy on the ABC talking about his Holden museum the other day and he suggested that they even manufactured fords before swapping to GM.

Joke aside, they actually started in saddlery or horse carriages back in the mid-late 1800's didn't they? There was a guy on the ABC talking about his Holden museum the other day and he suggested that they even manufactured fords before swapping to GM.
I remember our first family car - 2 tone FE Holden station wagon - my father drove us (me and him) to the 1958 GF - parked near Olympic Park - had black and white steamers on the grille - very radical :) - even remember the number plate... trip home after that grannie was fine - unlike many others I recall.....

Surely Ed isn't using his connections again is he?
"The online property company, which is 60 per cent owned by Nine"
"a fresh desire for a more targeted and local marketing approach as opposed to one focused on generating national awareness of the brand"
Gotta love the spin in newspaper reporting. In the opening para, "after real estate giant Domain pulled out midway through a four-year deal with the sport’s governing body. Later on, it turns out it was a two year deal with an option for a further two which wasn't exercised. Two very different situations.

And pretty sure Cricket Australia might have been expecting the option not to be exercised given the owners...

I remember our first family car - 2 tone FE Holden station wagon - my father drove us (me and him) to the 1958 GF - parked near Olympic Park - had black and white steamers on the grille - very radical :) - even remember the number plate... trip home after that grannie was fine - unlike many others I recall.....

Earliest family car I can recall was an FB sedan, in pink with grey inserts on the wings. Classic. Thankfully we moved up in the world after that and got an XP falcon.

Here's a thought.

How about we name it Collingwood Football Club.

Do all AFL sides sell the naming rights for their training facility and home base?

Fair to say I wasn't a fan of the signage involved when we were the Westpac centre in particular.

Made it look like Collingwood were the secondary tenant in a complex housing your local Westpac bank branch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a thought.

Do all AFL sides sell the naming rights for their training facility and home base?

Fair to say I wasn't a fan of the signage involved when we were the Westpac centre in particular.

Made it look like Collingwood were the secondary tenant in a complex housing your local Westpac bank branch.

Not sure about every club, but one example that stands out for me is Richmond. It could be called the Jeep Centre for all I know, but it doesn't matter because it's simply referred to as Punt Road. However "Olympic Park" doesn't have a ring to it, and it's probably not technically correct either.

I dunno, call it the Nest or call it the Collingwood Football Club, but I reckon you'd be forfeiting about 1m in revenue. Probably not worth having no sponsor.

Not sure about every club, but one example that stands out for me is Richmond. It could be called the Jeep Centre for all I know, but it doesn't matter because it's simply referred to as Punt Road. However "Olympic Park" doesn't have a ring to it, and it's probably not technically correct either.

I dunno, call it the Nest or call it the Collingwood Football Club, but I reckon you'd be forfeiting about 1m in revenue. Probably not worth having no sponsor.
Ed's Lair?

Here's a thought.

Why? It’s revenue, sell it. We no longer have gaming machines to rely on.

Answering the main question, it seems that General Motors has made a commitment to supply parts and service warranties for about 10 years. I think this would indicate that GM would love to give money to collingwood for that time, although there are questions about whether there will enough staff on the books to use up all the free tickets and associated stuff that sponsors get as part of a sponsorship. There have been indications that the reduction of 600 employees will mean that a smaller group of executives will be spending most of their weekends going to collingwood matches and they will be encouraged to invite an increasingly larger group of family and hangers-on to fill corporate boxes. For those in and around the club, there should be a greater chance of being roped into filling corporate boxes or being invited into corporate days as freebies. There may even be a chance for those living in the gutter to gain access to a greater and wider range of food from hospitality associated with pie corporate events....

Goneski. Looking forward to a new sponsor on the building soon.

Maybe see if we can get a Uni to sponsor it like Richmond do.

Monash Centre?

Monash are allegedly in up to a 1 billion dollar hole at the moment with the Corona virus outbreak - they won't be entering into any new sponsoring agreements with anyone anytime soon (nor will any other university as they're all doing it tough at the moment).

Here's a thought.

Partner up with Four n Twenty Pies, match made in heaven.

"The Pies Centre"

Here's a thought.

Well we're no longer able to rely on gaming machine income so I think we should try to sell naming rights and get investment in through sponsorship if we can.

As for other AFL clubs selling naming rights to training facilities/home bases...

Carlton = IKON Park (Princes Park)
Collingwood = Lexus/Westpac/Holden Centre at Olympic Park Oval
Richmond = Swinburne Centre at Punt Road Oval
Hawthorn = Ricoh Centre at Waverley Park
St Kilda = RSEA Park at Moorrabbin Oval
Bulldogs = Victoria University Whitten Oval

That's six clubs off the top of my head - so yeah, reasonably common. And smart, IMO.

You're also not really obligated to call it that either, you can call it what you like. If you prefer to call it Olympic Park, go nuts.

Well we're no longer able to rely on gaming machine income so I think we should try to sell naming rights and get investment in through sponsorship if we can.

As for other AFL clubs selling naming rights to training facilities/home bases...

Carlton = IKON Park (Princes Park)
Collingwood = Lexus/Westpac/Holden Centre at Olympic Park Oval
Richmond = Swinburne Centre at Punt Road Oval
Hawthorn = Ricoh Centre at Waverley Park
St Kilda = RSEA Park at Moorrabbin Oval
Bulldogs = Victoria University Whitten Oval

That's six clubs off the top of my head - so yeah, reasonably common. And smart, IMO.

You're also not really obligated to call it that either, you can call it what you like. If you prefer to call it Olympic Park, go nuts.
ABC radio still refer to Ikon as Princes Park. As they should.

How about the KTM centre!

This brand is uber dominant in the world of MXGP and Enduro both of which are huge sports in the states and Europe and have bulk loads of cash, likely more than even Collingwood.

C'mon Eddie give Leisky a call!
1582539000549.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back