How long does Adam Simpsons have left?

Remove this Banner Ad

Donny From Spearwood.
* me is he still around. He's the reason I stopped listening to Sports Day years ago, would bang on about the Dirty Birds, s**t Can Freo, Langdon would would allow him open reign. A Con the Fruiterer type, always thought he was setup by 6PRRRRRRRRR.

When high ranking club officials hit the thesaurus trying to come up with inventive ways to avoid the word rebuild you can guarantee deep down they don’t believe they are this bad and with a few tweaks here and there this bad luck will turn around

It won’t

Saw it all with Lyons rewire, restump bullshit

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

When high ranking club officials hit the thesaurus trying to come up with inventive ways to avoid the word rebuild you can guarantee deep down they don’t believe they are this bad and with a few tweaks here and there this bad luck will turn around

It won’t

Saw it all with Lyons rewire, restump bullshit

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
This is what makes it so hard to watch.

Im happy to watch a bunch of kids get out there, make mistakes and get better as the season goes on.

Im not happy watching old players that should gave been put out to pasture spud it up.

Weve been kidding ourselves for 2 seasons now that we were still in the hunt for a flag. We arent, we are cooked and we should have hit the draft hard for two seasons and done a mini rebuild and be back up in time for kelly, darling, yeo nicnat, mcgov, to be there as the older core.

Instead most of them will be gone by the time we are challenging again.

It takes a true idiot to direct the blame at the coach at a time like this. No, no, let's just overlook Nistit, the deluded list manager and the Strength and Conditioning staff, and lay the blame squarely at rubber chicken man! Derrrpp!

It takes a true idiot to direct the blame at the coach at a time like this. No, no, let's just overlook Nistit, the deluded list manager and the Strength and Conditioning staff, and lay the blame squarely at rubber chicken man! Derrrpp!
Oprah.gif

Blame for you, blame for you….everyone gets some blame…

About as long as it takes Nistit to draw the sword from the sheath and push him on to it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see Dean Cox the heir to the throne at the Eagles. Simpson will be gone soon

I might be wrong as I’m not across all the details, but it seems to me Simpson is a victim of the salary cap placed on club spending. WCE, being so wealthy, used to splash cash on recruiters, development, assistant coaches and so on. It helped the club to consistently perform well over decades, despite the range of other AFL equalisation measures. The club has now pretty much lost that advantage, which has been accelerated by the Covid spending restrictions. What’s left for WCE to leverage to outperform the other clubs? I personally don’t think it’s “culture of winning” means much (although it’s obviously better than a culture of losing). In my opinion, changing coaches is a band-aid solution and isn’t going to make much difference. There’s deeper strategic concerns that be addressed.

I was lucky enough to chat to Simpson at a club function (for a whole 10 minutes). I got the impression he’s a thoughtful and introspective person, holds himself and others to a high standard, and takes criticism more seriously than he lets on in the media. I still think he’s the right person to take us forward; having said that, it’s not the end of the world if we choose to go in another direction (as I said, I just can’t see it solving our problems to any significant extent).

Last edited:
I might be wrong as I’m not across all the details, but it seems to me Simpson is a victim of the salary cap placed on club spending. WCE, being so wealthy, used to splash cash on recruiters, development, assistant coaches and so on. It helped the club to consistently perform well over decades, despite the range of other AFL equalisation measures. The club has now pretty much lost that advantage, which has been accelerated by the Covid spending restrictions. What’s left for WCE to leverage to outperform the other clubs? I personally don’t think it’s “culture of winning” means much (although it’s obviously better than a culture of losing). In my opinion, changing coaches is a band-aid solution and isn’t going to make much difference. There’s deeper strategic concerns that be addressed.

I was lucky enough to chat to Simpson at a club function (for a whole 10 minutes). I got the impression he’s a thoughtful and introspective person, holds himself and others to a high standard, and takes criticism more seriously than he lets on in the media. I still think he’s the right person to take us forward; having said that, it’s not the end of the world if we choose to go in another direction (as I said, I just can’t see it solving our problems to any significant extent).
tldr?
Adam Simpson is Lewis Hamilton, if he doesn't have the fastest car he can't win s**t.

How is it that the Eagles and in particular Adam Simpson are not dominating the football news at the minute? Arguably the worst performed dude in VFL/AFL history and doing it with many good players playing each week in their team. Yes Covid and injury have hurt us but when do the excuses stop and a bit of heat is applied to why they are performing at what could only be described as 4th or 5th tier footy level.

Since winning in 2018 it has been a slow spiral of poor performance getting worse as the weeks go by. Since 2019 the Eagles have been the worse side in the league for contested ball, Tackling and accountability. None of it has ever been addressed. Still to this day we are at or near the bottom in all those critical areas. Game plan seems to of not changed even though 17 other clubs has.

So how is it this club is not heading all footy news with questions of wtf is going on?

As a fan I don’t care that we are last, every club at some point goes there but we are not just last we are an embarrassment and yet players of the caliber of Mcgovern, Kelly, Gaff, Shuey, Darling, Kennedy, Cripps, Duggan, Barrass are taking the field for us. We should not be getting 70 point plus beltings weekly.

So where is the media heat and why is it not being well and truly turned up on Simpson and the club?

I think if West Coast are like this next year the heat will come

But if I have learned anything in my time following AFL, it is West Coast don't stay down the bottom for very long at all

He came in when eagles was nearly rock bottom. He then proceeded to rebuild the club to win 1 flag and 1 GF.

Let's put it to you this way. We need an Adam Simpson type coach and rebuild. Who better then Adam Simpson himself.

If the board think he can pull of another rebuild. He gets atleast 4 years to lead the charge.

How is it that the Eagles and in particular Adam Simpson are not dominating the football news at the minute? Arguably the worst performed dude in VFL/AFL history and doing it with many good players playing each week in their team. Yes Covid and injury have hurt us but when do the excuses stop and a bit of heat is applied to why they are performing at what could only be described as 4th or 5th tier footy level.

Since winning in 2018 it has been a slow spiral of poor performance getting worse as the weeks go by. Since 2019 the Eagles have been the worse side in the league for contested ball, Tackling and accountability. None of it has ever been addressed. Still to this day we are at or near the bottom in all those critical areas. Game plan seems to of not changed even though 17 other clubs has.

So how is it this club is not heading all footy news with questions of wtf is going on?

As a fan I don’t care that we are last, every club at some point goes there but we are not just last we are an embarrassment and yet players of the caliber of Mcgovern, Kelly, Gaff, Shuey, Darling, Kennedy, Cripps, Duggan, Barrass are taking the field for us. We should not be getting 70 point plus beltings weekly.

So where is the media heat and why is it not being well and truly turned up on Simpson and the club?
No idea about over there, but here in Vic, WC don't sell papers so no-one really cares.

I too am shocked to discover that rebuilds exist and clubs don't stay at the top forever
It's more the nature of the capitulation, especially considering the ridiculously poor % and the fact that this rot started post-bye last season.

Having said that, it does seem like the club's put the cue in the rack (why wouldn't you?) and are focused on the upcoming rebuild, so are just going through the motions on game day.

I expect a big overhaul this off-season. Start next year the same way though and heads will roll by the bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back