How long has Daniel Andrews got left?

When will Daniel Andrews fall on his sword?

• August

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • September

• October

• November

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • December

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Next year

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Never

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s sad really that 2 years ago there was no crime problem in Victoria, because those areas of Victoria that are dangerous no one visits anyway.

Yet 2 years later the entire state is being destroyed by people breaking the law in those very same suburbs

So when it suits, crime in small pockets is all Victorians are unlawful and everyone has to pay

On the OP, he’ll see this out and then step aside about a year out from the election. Given how weak the opposition is, ALP will see a chance to probably hold ground in 2022 if they remove any link to Covid.

It’s sad really that 2 years ago there was no crime problem in Victoria, because those areas of Victoria that are dangerous no one visits anyway.

Yet 2 years later the entire state is being destroyed by people breaking the law in those very same suburbs

So when it suits, crime in small pockets is all Victorians are unlawful and everyone has to pay

On the OP, he’ll see this out and then step aside about a year out from the election. Given how weak the opposition is, ALP will see a chance to probably hold ground in 2022 if they remove any link to Covid.
You pretend to speak for who ? You have no idea how the people of Vic think . I spent 20 years working in Age care, * your opinion . I would normally avoid posting on forums like this , but * you as a person of very limited expression . Do you really understand the connection between staff and residents ? Do you really understand the reality of wages and the connection of staff and residents. Go on , have your crap of who is going to win an argument . It solves nothing .

You pretend to speak for who ? You have no idea how the people of Vic think . I spent 20 years working in Age care, fu** your opinion . I would normally avoid posting on forums like this , but fu** you as a person of very limited expression . Do you really understand the connection between staff and residents ? Do you really understand the reality of wages and the connection of staff and residents. Go on , have your crap of who is going to win an argument . It solves nothing .

Good for you, I've got nothing but respect for aged care workers and no idea what my post has to do with them???

Don't expect Andrews to resign. He would have to be pushed by various internal ALP factions.
Public shaming won't work as he has a born to rule mentality.

You pretend to speak for who ? You have no idea how the people of Vic think . I spent 20 years working in Age care, fu** your opinion . I would normally avoid posting on forums like this , but fu** you as a person of very limited expression . Do you really understand the connection between staff and residents ? Do you really understand the reality of wages and the connection of staff and residents. Go on , have your crap of who is going to win an argument . It solves nothing .
I think what NavyBlues09 is trying to say is that Andrews said there was no crime epidemic in NW Melbourne, and now says that people are breaking the COVID rules in NW Melbourne. I don't agree with NB09's reasoning, but he/she said nothing about aged care workers.

I think what NavyBlues09 is trying to say is that Andrews said there was no crime epidemic in NW Melbourne, and now says that people are breaking the COVID rules in NW Melbourne. I don't agree with NB09's reasoning, but he/she said nothing about aged care workers.

Sort of. More crime sprees in that area of Melbourne, NW and SE, weren’t indicative of a widespread crime problem in 2018 but breaking Covid rules in those very same areas in 2020 is an excuse to tar all Melburnians as law breakers and lock everyone up.

Now that the monical that is appearing to stick "Dictator Dan" I now think it will be soon more than later, If his polls numbers drop then game on.

Now that the monical that is appearing to stick "Dictator Dan" I now think it will be soon more than later, If his polls numbers drop then game on.

How could they not?

I'd advise all sane people to leave this state if they haven't.

A lot of wishful thinking in this thread from the usual Labor = Bad suspects. He'll be fine. I still remember when Gladys "would never recover from the Ruby Princess debacle" (or something to that effect)

A lot of wishful thinking in this thread from the usual Labor = Bad suspects. He'll be fine. I still remember when Gladys "would never recover from the Ruby Princess debacle" (or something to that effect)

But the big difference is everyone was copping it then, the whole country was under siege.

Where’s Dans issue is comes from the fact the entire country has been gradually reopening and Victoria has gone into the toughest lockdown yet. Whilst the entire country got over the initial threat, Dans incompetence unleashed an out of control outbreak unlike any we’ve seen in Australia.

The Ruby Princess, long seen as the biggest * up suddenly pales into insignificance compared to Victoria’s current outbreak.

It’s like the complaints about naming and shaming the QLD prostitutes but not the Aspen couple. In March this was a new thing, everyone was learning. Now we’re just pissed off as everyone was learning and doing the right thing, except the Victorian Government.

Of course there are still plenty of rusted on supporters who think the sun shines out Dans ass, but they are quickly becoming the minority

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course the biggest irony is, you talk of the Labor = bad group. The Liberal = bad cohort were so loud in their condemnation of the PMs handling of this whole thing, they jumped onto Dan and Gladys as their heroes, claimed it was Dan and Gladys leadership dragging the PM and national cabinet along to do things their way.

Yet in the wash up it’s Dan and Gladys who oversaw the 2 biggest * ups in Australia

Yet still the rusted ons claim it’s all ScoMos fault because it’s a national problem.

For months they wanted their Dear Leader to do his own thing and when he did and massively failed, they blame ScoMo for not taking over their states...

Same excuses used during summer. Why didn’t ScoMo take over the states fire services? Why don’t the Federal government fund the states fire services?

9 months ago people wanted every dollar we have thrown at firefighters, give them all highly expensive, unnecessary masks for fighting bushfires because we have the money.

How will the fire services funding look now? We already know Dan will cut the CFA budget massively and now they may get nothing because the state will be financially ****ed.

But the big difference is everyone was copping it then, the whole country was under siege.

Where’s Dans issue is comes from the fact the entire country has been gradually reopening and Victoria has gone into the toughest lockdown yet. Whilst the entire country got over the initial threat, Dans incompetence unleashed an out of control outbreak unlike any we’ve seen in Australia.

The Ruby Princess, long seen as the biggest fu** up suddenly pales into insignificance compared to Victoria’s current outbreak.

It’s like the complaints about naming and shaming the QLD prostitutes but not the Aspen couple. In March this was a new thing, everyone was learning. Now we’re just pissed off as everyone was learning and doing the right thing, except the Victorian Government.

Of course there are still plenty of rusted on supporters who think the sun shines out Dans ass, but they are quickly becoming the minority
If the election was in the next few months then maybe. Or if Vic is still in lockdown for the next few months then maybe. But the current lockdown won't make much difference to his chances of retaining the leadership role, should he still want it. Most reasonable people realise that the situation isn't win-lose, but lose a bit-lose a lot and that a couple of random things can make a huge difference. There have no doubt been many f- ups in all the states; Vic was just the unlucky state where a few mistakes made all the difference. Sure It looks very bad when it's all reviewed in excruciating detail, but the reality is nobody really knew exactly how to handle this situation and there were bound to be mistakes. Reviews only happen when mistakes have consequences.

The same Liberal Party that wants to chuck you in the chokey for five years for not revealing your mobile phone passwords? Those giants of civil liberties?

Show me where the Labor Party is going to repeal this?

Wasn’t O’Brien calling for ankle bracelets (for people who’s only crime was being infected) just a few weeks ago? tell me that can’t be mis used.

and how likely are you to front up for testing if there’s a box of ankle tags waiting in the corner?

Maybe you just think before posting bollocks.

That's an odd way to state.............NO!

LNP = lesser government = a good thing.

I'm not claiming they're ideal, just less disgraceful.

If the election was in the next few months then maybe. Or if Vic is still in lockdown for the next few months then maybe. But the current lockdown won't make much difference to his chances of retaining the leadership role, should he still want it. Most reasonable people realise that the situation isn't win-lose, but lose a bit-lose a lot and that a couple of random things can make a huge difference. There have no doubt been many f- ups in all the states; Vic was just the unlucky state where a few mistakes made all the difference. Sure It looks very bad when it's all reviewed in excruciating detail, but the reality is nobody really knew exactly how to handle this situation and there were bound to be mistakes. Reviews only happen when mistakes have consequences.
I like your last sentence, that reviews only happen when mistakes have consequences. Another way of looking at things is to say that consequences highlight mistakes.

The lack of leadership and competence from the Andrews government have been highlighted only because of the consequences. He talks a good game, and that seems to be enough given the lack of any opposition.

Would any corporate CEO survive with the same track record as Dan Andrews? No chance.

Yeah, replace him with what?
Someone who wants to accelerate deregulation and privatise what we have left?
Let’s keep doing the same thing over and over and over to see if we get a different result hey.
The people in charge aren’t the problem, the system they govern us under is.

The people in charge aren’t the problem, the system they govern us under is.

You won't get any arguments from me there, but that doesn't equate in to vote for Dan.

Back