How Long have you held a Consecutive Membership

:bulldogs:Two stints: 1977-1988(12 years); 1990-2021(32 years)

:westcoast:1989 - The year I lived in Perth

:melbourne:2014 - In honour of Daniel Cross

Iamspock

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My season ticket was like a thick paper card things, which had to be clipped by an official clipper person, I used to go in through the gate near the stairs, which was about where the Bulldog Shop is now. Then I graduated to the plastic card, that had to clipped. One year I was so proud because I got every game clipped. Easier then when all games were in Melbourne.

Since 2001- I was a member in the mid to late 90’s but didn’t sign up in 2000 as a poor uni student who worked at Colonial Stadium when it opened and so I was not really “going” to games that year (but saw most of them anyway obviously)

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Attended first game in 1973, had a membership every year from 1974 onwards (some years in the 80s I bought a second membership just to support the club - 82, 83, 84 from memory).
These days got social club and reserved seats as well for me and several offspring (since the move to Docklands in 2000). Had the same reserved seats since 2001.
I was also born at Footscray Hospital and spent my first few years living in West Footscray, and while I have progressively moved further away, a piece of my heart is still in that little corner of the western suburbs, and always will be.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Got my first junior membership in 1975, it cost $5. Wasn’t a member in the 80s as I was playing.
Been a member now since 93.

I think from memory in my first year, a child entry was 25 cents, and a junior season ticket was either $1 or $2! Maybe memberships went up in 1975 due to the inflation rate the Whitlam Govt were struggling with?
And the Footy Record was 10 cents. I remember the uproar amongst the masses at the start of whatever season (1975 as well?) it went up to 20 cents.
"Two bob for the record! You're kiddin'!" Poor kids selling the record (still older than me though) copped unwarranted flack. Think it was usually the same kids used to sell the Herald after the game as well? Did they have reversible caps, or just carry 2 different ones?

Back