How Long have you held a Consecutive Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I think from memory in my first year, a child entry was 25 cents, and a junior season ticket was either $1 or $2! Maybe memberships went up in 1975 due to the inflation rate the Whitlam Govt were struggling with?
And the Footy Record was 10 cents. I remember the uproar amongst the masses at the start of whatever season (1975 as well?) it went up to 20 cents.
"Two bob for the record! You're kiddin'!" Poor kids selling the record (still older than me though) copped unwarranted flack. Think it was usually the same kids used to sell the Herald after the game as well? Did they have reversible caps, or just carry 2 different ones?
HTF can you walk out of a football ground after a match and buy a paper with the 3/4 time scores PRINTED IN THE PAPER!

HTF can you walk out of a football ground after a match and buy a paper with the 3/4 time scores PRINTED IN THE PAPER!

Was it 3/4 or half time scores? I can't actually remember, I only ever remember my parents buying the Herald if something momentous had happened. In the 80s, I used to sometimes buy the Sunday Observer or Sunday Press to see the stats, think I've still got some pages in a scrap book, as they were the first to start showing game stats. The Sun (pre Herald merger) used to run with Sunscore, rating each player out of 10 - think KT was the first ever to score 10 for his 15 goals in 1978.

First match Round 1 1976 cost $2 entry and 20c for the Footy Record. No 82 tram from Maribyrnong cost 25c or 30c I think. I know it cost 15c from where I lived to the 57 tram terminus at the munitions factory. I used to walk home sometimes from the terminus to save the 15c after walking from Avondale High School. Old people talk.

Was it 3/4 or half time scores? I can't actually remember, I only ever remember my parents buying the Herald if something momentous had happened. In the 80s, I used to sometimes buy the Sunday Observer or Sunday Press to see the stats, think I've still got some pages in a scrap book, as they were the first to start showing game stats. The Sun (pre Herald merger) used to run with Sunscore, rating each player out of 10 - think KT was the first ever to score 10 for his 15 goals in 1978.
The back page had the half time scores and report, the 3/4 time scores were printed in red in the margins.
Alex Jesaulenko got a 10 in Sunscore, too.

The Sunday Observer had Scotty Palmer and Palmer’s Punchlines

This was a very interesting exersize.

My first seasons ticket I have is 1975. Of course I was born into the cult and had been to games before then, so I assume this year (being the year I turned 10) was when dad was forced to pay entry for me (maybe the age was lower and I might have got away with a few years of not paying even though I should have).

I then have seasons tickets on and off. 75, 76 then 79, then 81,82,83 then 85,86.

I was overseas in 87 and my membership dropped off then until after we nearly folded.

So my longest continual membership is 31 years! 1990 until now - 2021.

1634107959077.png

The back page had the half time scores and report, the 3/4 time scores were printed in red in the margins.
Alex Jesaulenko got a 10 in Sunscore, too.

The Sunday Observer had Scotty Palmer and Palmer’s Punchlines

Forgot about those scores in red ink, you're right. Amazimg effort to get copies to all grounds by final siren.

My season ticket was like a thick paper card things, which had to be clipped by an official clipper person, I used to go in through the gate near the stairs, which was about where the Bulldog Shop is now. Then I graduated to the plastic card, that had to clipped. One year I was so proud because I got every game clipped. Easier then when all games were in Melbourne.

It was a great sense of achievement getting your season ticket to look like a Chicken in a Biscuit with every game clipped off the edge. Did it every year before interstate travel killed the run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if the clubs membership team is working at the moment? I have tried to call them yesterday and today without anyone answering.
I love our theme song but after about 10 renditions I start to go a bit troppo.
And apologies for using the wrong tread for the question :)

Does anyone know if the clubs membership team is working at the moment? I have tried to call them yesterday and today without anyone answering.
I love our theme song but after about 10 renditions I start to go a bit troppo.
And apologies for using the wrong tread for the question :)

Don't know - maybe they are all on holidays now and will ramp up later. Have you tried email?

Don't know - maybe they are all on holidays now and will ramp up later. Have you tried email?
Thanks for the response NB, I dropped them an email last week - no response. Maybe its something to do with the facility being used for COVID Vax.

Thanks for the response NB, I dropped them an email last week - no response. Maybe its something to do with the facility being used for COVID Vax.

I've spoken to them twice in the past few weeks. Unfortunately you need to persist - as much as I love our club theme song, after 20-30 repeats, I had to turn the volume on my phone speaker down(!), but someone did eventually answer each time. (Both people I spoke to were working from home.)

I've spoken to them twice in the past few weeks. Unfortunately you need to persist - as much as I love our club theme song, after 20-30 repeats, I had to turn the volume on my phone speaker down(!), but someone did eventually answer each time. (Both people I spoke to were working from home.)
Thanks F1973, I will will hit them up again tomorrow

Renewed my membership yesterday for the 61st time and was given free Melbourne away games for loyalty during Covid. I am confident 2022 will be a Bulldog premiership year after missing out in 2021. Our motto should be "unfinished business".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back