How long until a full blown civil war within the US?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a big news watcher mate ??

i read plenty of news (i have a pretty boring job), but since you extremists enjoy calling armageddon every 5 minutes i always like to query the mechanisms you feel are about to push everything over the edge and why any current discord is more significant than all those that have come before?

so yeah, again, "why"?

eta: were you even alive during the "king" riots?

Could you elaborate on that?

I always thought it was the 1st term that was fishy.

well i assume your talking about florida and the voting machine issues, those problems were still around come 04 here's a list of machines that "failed" in the 04 election

Punch card 22.3%
Lever machine 14.7%
Paper ballot 1.7%
Optical scan 29.6%
Electronic 22.1%
Mixed 9.6%

in addition, voter suppression was exposed where by in one state registered democrat voters were rung in mass and told the election date had been changed.

in Ohio there was a suggestion of voter fraud in the recount where by, because a recount had to happen 2 people fiddled around pre-selecting which ballots they would recount. they were convicted of this and yet somehow a second recount did not occur.

several exit polls also did not match the official counts.

additionally a large purge of voter registration took place close to the registration deadline in swing voting states and on top of that new restrictions on voter registration were brought in, meaning that if you were "accidentally" purged from voting which a great many number of voters were (no official number exists for just how many were) it meant you had only a few weeks to re-register with the proper forms of voter ID when you may not even be aware that you'd been taken off the register.

again a Ohio had issues with postal votes from voting forms sent out the day after the election, to not actually being counted at all as they were "delayed" by the post office.

several states changed electoral boundaries after voter registration closed, meaning people were told they had to vote at a certain location on a certain date and given an information pack about this, then shortly before election day the place they were supposed to vote was changed. many precincts refused to count votes cast in the wrong precincts despite their being no questions about the legitimacy of the votes.

in florida almost 60,000 postal voting forms vanished without a trace.

again ******* Ohio, rejected votes on the basis that the paper used to cast votes was not of the correct weight.

then there's other less straight forward issues, such as high ranking republican party members owning many of the voting machines, polling locations "streamlined" ie: several voting locations were closed on account of expected low turnouts only for turnouts to be bigger then expected creating lines that were hours long at many locations.

then the DC house elections which were decided by a bee's dick and had several recounts and lawsuits.

i read plenty of news (i have a pretty boring job), but since you extremists enjoy calling armageddon every 5 minutes i always like to query the mechanisms you feel are about to push everything over the edge and why any current discord is more significant than all those that have come before?

so yeah, again, "why"?

eta: were you even alive during the "king" riots?

struck nerve.jpg

WE extremists ????
Trump doesn't speak for me gramps.

Missed the King riots by about 8 years.

This is the saltiest i can remember it over there in my brief 40 years on earth.
3 quarters of them have guns and half of that are being whipped up.
That's why i think it's coming.

Sorry i ****ed your year up o_O

"you extremists" being the ill-educated morons who think (desire?) the end is nigh 100 times every 12 months. instead of making idiot allusions, give us a run-down on the impending US civil war.

"you extremists" being the ill-educated morons who think (desire?) the end is nigh 100 times every 12 months. instead of making idiot allusions, give us a run-down on the impending US civil war.
Civil war is unlikely, but a return to a period marred by political extremism, right wing racism and the odd domestic terror attack seems likely.

Maybe not even the same level of violence as the early 20th century in the US, but a rebirth of that tumult.

Where I think the danger lies is in the change in tactics and weaponry. We won't see lynchings, or the kind of barbarity that persisted even to the late 70's but, instead of police shooting protestors or racists blowing up churches, we might see mass shootings or armed standoffs with law enforcement.

Really though, the feeling of despair and fear, outmatches the reality, given how violent the US was and how extreme that violence. For the last few decades violent crime has decreased and since the 90's rioting and violent protest has subsided.

There's poorer, worser places than America that aren't in civil wars.

The number of Americans willing to take a shot at the US Government is insignificant in terms of the whole population. A lot more with sympathetic views know it would only end one way if the crazier people ever tried something, and would not give up their lives to help fruitcakes shitty about Mexicans and uppity blacks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really should seek help.

Law abiding citizens who buy their guns legally, who register them, who store them appropriately, who handle them appropriately, who are trained/know how to use them appropriately, are not going to get their gun and go hold up a convenience store or murder someone in a drug deal gone wrong.

For someone who prances around Bigfooty picking fights with people because you think you know everything, you really are one naive, ignorant tool.

Do you actually comprehend that a criminal is not going to get his gun legally through proper channels?
Do you actually comprehend that a criminal will find another way to get his/her hands on a gun?

I mean, do you actually comprehend that criminals are criminals because they break the law?

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/cost-ille...rocketed-criminals-now-do-gun-sharing-1378871

Prices of semi-automatic handguns, so-called weapons of choice of underworld characters, from a previous price tag of $2,000 to $4,000 have gone up to over $15,000

^^^bit different to when i could buy a semi auto sks in qld for a coupla hung - no license.

Wish i could

So because i've noted an increase in unrest over there i'm a moron ??

* a duck mate i've REALLY struck a nerve here haven't i.

God imagine being the guy who sits there and leaps on kents because they have THE UTTER CHEEK to DARE suggest that things might go pear shaped one day over there.
Heaven help the poor bloke who only indicates twice when he changes lanes in front of you bro o_O

What's your opinion on carbon btw ??..... , same sort of vehemence the deniers spit.

And to answer the 64k questuion you're frothing at the mouth for - It'll probably start with some campaigner shooting some other campaigner and then lots of other campaigners will start shooting.

geez......

So because i've noted an increase in unrest over there i'm a moron ??

**** a duck mate i've REALLY struck a nerve here haven't i.

no, you got cute when i asked you a simple question. if you wanted a proper discussion you went the wrong way about it.

Being of birth from the womb of Ms. Liberty, I can say, with some experience, we are a contentious, ever fighting people.

Awnery, prickly in nature.

None the less, all the wars, civil and or carnal, are not, presently, going to be fought with bullets and exploding brains.

To date the contest is still signed and sealed in the ballot box.

Hence even Trump is shucking and shilling for numbers and consent rather than just taking it all like some half wit Ceasar with a bad tupee.

Being of birth from the womb of Ms. Liberty, I can say, with some experience, we are a contentious, ever fighting people.

Awnery, prickly in nature.

None the less, all the wars, civil and or carnal, are not, presently, going to be fought with bullets and exploding brains.

To date the contest is still signed and sealed in the ballot box.

Hence even Trump is shucking and shilling for numbers and consent rather than just taking it all like some half wit Ceasar with a bad tupee.
You give too much credence to the system.
Elections are not democracy at work when nearly all contenders are bought 4 and don't represent the best interest of anyone but their donors

The number of Americans willing to take a shot at the US Government is insignificant in terms of the whole population.

What percentage of the population, currently support Trump/Bernie ?

times are a changing me boy

Some comments in this thread on the possibility of US civil war are way overblown. How many of those posters live in the USA and can make an informed opinion from direct experience of the US situation? If they are getting feedback only from the MSM and social media, then they should be aware that the MSM are now reduced largely to framing "news" in facile black and white soundbites, where nuances and shades of gray get lost in their Chicken Little cartoon mindset. And social media is now, in many respects, the work of the Devil (e.g. the Paris massacre was organized thru social media).

The real context here is political, where the original philosophical distinctions between the Left and the Right have been hijacked by the activists in the ongoing culture wars. The strategy of the partisan extremists on both sides of the aisle is to demonize folk not perceived to be on their side (e.g. in a US context Republicans are red-necks not interested in the Arts and will drive their Cadillacs over the homeless etc, and Democrats are touchy/feely emoters always in search of a battle to fight or a victim to champion). They, the extremists, seek to drive the Left more left, and the Right more right. They seek to tribalize and Balkanize the electorate.

The US mainstream voters (usually the tax payers and not the tax users) have got fed up with this, realizing that they are becoming disenfranchised from a non-partisan middle ground. Hence the the Trump phenomenom, which is also a grass roots reaction against the entrenched vested interests of the professional political class (now the equivalent of the old Soviet nomenklatura) and their donor masters.

These sorts of issues are now driving the political debate as to what it means to be Left (or Right) and in an Election Year are accordingly sensationalized by the media.

A civil war? I can't see it. But hey, I've been wrong before.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back