Roast How long will AFC ignore their ruck stocks?

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,
ROB is fine

It was revealed that we've moronically been playing him through a back injury which explains his form

If we dial the idiocy down to a 6 or 7 we'll have a decent ruckman for years
There's an a argument that said we played him through injury due to lack of alternatives in the SANFL... We definitely need a more competitive backup. Preferably that has been in the system for a few years and wants to challenge. CCJ if he wants to play ruck, One of the port rucks- both seem decent.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is it just me or has our club been negligent in stocking our ruck department? ROB is an average ruckman at best but I can put up with that if he's doing what he does best which is taking grabs and contributing around the ground but even that has been hit and miss lately. If he isn't doing that he's a liability. God help us if he goes down. Who's in the cupboard? Straun?Frampton? It's a joke.
We should've gotten a project ruckman years ago.
Thoughts?
This all started with an over reliance on Jacobs. Obviously Roo doesn't rate Ruckman. Seriously it's the only thing I can come up with. This is one more reason we need to get rid of that country bumkin.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I still reckon we take on Grundy’s contract at some point. Maybe next years trade period ready to play in 2023 for us.
I would take on half of Grundy's contract and trade ROB out. Collingwood are in a such a world of pain that they may be forced to have a fire sale.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Hickey and Witts two good recent examples of quality rucks that can be picked up.
We did try to land Witt's but the VFL's favourite son the GCS's topped us with their contract length. Hickey is what 30 years old? We need to draft a young developing Ruck and stop bringing in C grade mature aged guys from the minor Leagues that simply have no place at AFL level.

Back