Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Elite can you start a douglas thread please, this one has seen its day, all the posters calling for him to be cut from the list and never to be seen again, then rushed back in as we really really really need him now, maybe if we do the same with douglas he will find form like JJ and be irreplaceable like JJ
The posters most probably thought that in his thirties Jenkins would learn to play like a KPF. Kudos to Pyke to keep him in the seconds to make him change, I’m pretty sure you called for him to be recalled earlier.

As for Douglas have you lost your thread starting privledges?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The posters most probably thought that in his thirties Jenkins would learn to play like a KPF. Kudos to Pyke to keep him in the seconds to make him change, I’m pretty sure you called for him to be recalled earlier.

As for Douglas have you lost your thread starting privledges?

But but but

Douglas may regain his form Like JJ,Tex,Betts,Atkins,Lynch have done this year

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Only someone who thinks a B&F from 9 years ago and top team man awards has any relevance might still hold out hope.

I wish inside footy still did this as this was dougys 2017 year

1GWSTwo goals in three minutes late in the third term and ran himself into the ground.9
3PortAdelaide’s best player for the season so far, has stepped up in the midfield.8
4EssHas had a great start to the year, is winning plenty of contested footy and is hitting the scoreboard every week.7
5GCSRelaible across half back and used the footy efficiently (89%).7
6RichUnsung hero of the Crows midfield, doesn’t get the accolades of his more illustrious midfielders but has had a stellar start to 2017. 7
9BrisPlayed well although the let down was only a 50 per cent effective rate for his 24 disposals.6
10FremUnsung hero of the Crows midfield with four clearances, two goal assists and laid five tackles.6
12StKBest man on ground in the first half, faded in the second and so did his disposal efficiency.7
15CarlWon eight clearances and seven inside-50’s to step up for the Crows in the heat of the midfield battles.7
17MelbFlew under the radar with his 23 touches and makes good decisions.6
18GeelHad three goals in opening 40 minutes and ended with four to be one of the best on the night.8
19CollMade up for the absence of Brad Crouch with 28 disposals including five inside-50’s.7
20PortSeven clearances and seven inside-50’s, another Crows midfielder who dominated their immediate opponents.7
21EssHad a good night and was a strong ball-winner all over the ground for four quarters.8
23WCEHad 16 touches in the first half and finished with 226
QFGWSStarted in midfield and had a real impact in the absence of Sloane. Hits the scoreboard to hurt the opposition.7
PFGeelChipped in for 19 touches and four tackles. Supported star cast brilliantly.6

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide

1GWSTwo goals in three minutes late in the third term and ran himself into the ground.9
3PortAdelaide’s best player for the season so far, has stepped up in the midfield.8
4EssHas had a great start to the year, is winning plenty of contested footy and is hitting the scoreboard every week.7
6RichUnsung hero of the Crows midfield, doesn’t get the accolades of his more illustrious midfielders but has had a stellar start to 2017.7
9BrisPlayed well although the let down was only a 50 per cent effective rate for his 24 disposals.6
10FremUnsung hero of the Crows midfield with four clearances, two goal assists and laid five tackles.6
12StKBest man on ground in the first half, faded in the second and so did his disposal efficiency.7
15CarlWon eight clearances and seven inside-50’s to step up for the Crows in the heat of the midfield battles.7
18GeelHad three goals in opening 40 minutes and ended with four to be one of the best on the night.8
19CollMade up for the absence of Brad Crouch with 28 disposals including five inside-50’s.7
20PortSeven clearances and seven inside-50’s, another Crows midfielder who dominated their immediate opponents.7
21EssHad a good night and was a strong ball-winner all over the ground for four quarters.8
QFGWSStarted in midfield and had a real impact in the absence of Sloane. Hits the scoreboard to hurt the opposition.7
PFGeelChipped in for 19 touches and four tackles. Supported star cast brilliantly.6

BREAKING: Player plays well in dominant table-topping side

huge if true

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

6RichUnsung hero of the Crows midfield, doesn’t get the accolades of his more illustrious midfielders but has had a stellar start to 2017.7
What’s happened since?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why do you need the write ups? You want him dropped.

And for someone who hates being just competitive you sure have a strong locality to competitive senior players in decline.
True I would give Wilson or stengle a go

But as for some others they have proven they aren't ready yet

But if Douglas turns it around like JJ and tex did he could save his skin

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Saves his skin with some competitive performances but gets us no where as a team
What you wouldn't want Douglas performing inform to his ability come finals aswell as JJ Tex Betts and Gibbs if he can find his mojo

Tell me players that we have that aren't in the team that have shown anything like what those players have shown

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What you wouldn't want Douglas performing inform to his ability come finals aswell as JJ Tex Betts and Gibbs if he can find his mojo

Tell me players that we have that aren't in the team that have shown anything like what those players have shown

What’s Douglas’s ability? His B&F form from 9 years ago? Or his best team man form?

Age has caught up with him. He’s fumbly, slips over and his is disposal average. You even wanted him dropped.

But Douglas has been a competitive player, during a competitive era where we have not won a flag.

I just don’t get you. You’ve bitched and moaned all year about the club happy being competitive and having no hope this year and yet you back in senior competitive players. You love them.

I would have Jones. He’s quicker, will apply more pressure, it gets games into him and it’s not like Douglas is contributing at the moment. Again I repeat you wanted him dropped.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What’s Douglas’s ability? His B&F form from 9 years ago? Or his best team man form?

Age has caught up with him. He’s fumbly, slips over and his is disposal average. You even wanted him dropped.

But Douglas has been a competitive player, during a competitive era where we have not won a flag.

I just don’t get you. You’ve bitched and moaned all year about the club happy being competitive and having no hope this year and yet you back in senior competitive players. You love them.

I would have Jones. He’s quicker, will apply more pressure, it gets games into home and it’s not like Douglas is contributing at the moment. Again I repeat you wanted him dropped.
I want him in best form it's clearly afl quality I quoted the write ups in 2017 year did he finish 5th or 6th in our b and f

Are you saying Atkins or seeds is better in their best form if you are you ate clearly biased

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I want him in best form it's clearly afl quality I quoted the write ups in 2017 year did he finish 5th or 6th in our b and f

Are you saying Atkins or seeds is better in their best form if you are you ate clearly biased

He’s 32, he is not getting in best form, are you on drugs? But what you’re really saying is you want us to be competitive.

He can’t even make our midfield!

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He’s 32, he is not getting in best form, are you on drugs? But what you’re really saying is you want us to be competitive.

He can’t even make our midfield!
JJ was written off because he was getting on and fell out of form yet now he is irreplaceable

Some don't let themselves go after the age of 30 you know

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
JJ was written off because he was getting on and fell out of form yet now he is irreplaceable

Some don't let themselves go after the age of 30 you know

Why isn’t Douglas playing midfield? Why did he play the preseason on the half forward flank?

You’ve said he’s a midfielder why isn’t the club playing him there to get him back to his best?

Jenkins is 2 years younger having only just hit 30.

How many AFL players do you know at the age of 32 and a half get their best back?

******* hell Marty if I didn’t know you I would swear I was debating with an idiot.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why isn’t Douglas playing midfield? Why did he play the preseason on the half forward flank?

You’ve said he’s a midfielder why isn’t the club playing him there to get him back to his best?

Jenkins is 2 years younger having only just hit 30.

How many AFL players do you know at the age of 32 and a half get their best back?

******* hell Marty if I didn’t know you I would swear I was debating with an idiot.
Mate pyke has chosen him for a reason

So is he an idiot also

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mate pyke has chosen him for a reason

So is he an idiot also

Pyke has chosen him to get back to his best?

You would have dropped him, so you must think Pyke is an idiot, especially for picking a team to be competitive, after all you hate how we’ve been competitive only and yet you continue to back in senior players who have been a big part of this competitive only era.

Anyway you are doing my head in. Wayne wants to chat with you.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pyke has chosen him to get back to his best?

You would have dropped him, so you must think Pyke is an idiot, especially for picking a team to be competitive, after all you hate how we’ve been competitive only and yet you continue to back in senior players who have been a big part of this competitive only era.

Anyway you are doing my head in. Wayne wants to chat with you.
Haven't seen Wayne for a while you were a bully to him

To bad I can't be bullied it's social media

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
JJ's comments on Roo's Triple M blast (paywalled)

Crows champion and current Adelaide board member Mark Ricciuto is again calling for changes after Essendon kicked 12 out of the last 15 goals in Friday’s night’s win at Adelaide Oval. Ricciuto labelled the Adelaide performance “really embarrassing” after their loss to Port Adelaide in the Showdown and said Friday night was an “unacceptable” display.

“Just another terrible second half, 12 of the last 15 goals is just unacceptable,’’ Ricciuto said on Triple M on Saturday. “They haven’t been able to get the job again. They’ll be calling for blood there’s no doubt about it.

“Pykey (Don Pyke) has stayed very loyal to a number of players, they had big win against the Gold Coast Suns but I don’t think you can’t take anything out of that, they need to have a look at the blokes not getting the job done,’’ he said.

Crows forward Josh Jenkins – who booted four goals on Friday – said he was focused on football and not outside influences.

“Roo is on the board but earns his living commenting on the game,’’ Jenkins said on SEN Radio Monday morning.

“I don’t waste any energy worrying about what people in the media are saying,’’ he said.

But Jenkins did say Adelaide’s second half fade again was a concern.

“Too many times it’s happening to us in the past few weeks,’’ he said.

JJ was by no means the worst player on Friday night and I agree he shouldn't worry about what people in the media are saying (as hard as that must be to do) but how about coming out on your SEN spot and AGREEING with what Roo was saying? Sheesh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back