Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

What trade value would you think he has?

I have seen some outrageous suggestions but I truly do not see him having greater value than say a Jordan Lewis. I mean, I'd like to get something better for him than that but I just don't see it to be honest

I don't think he's a full salary dump type player. We've seen blokes like Lobbe, Black, Palmer and so on traded for picks above 70. But none of those guys were actually good.

Considering Jenkins could have some genuine AFL value to lesser teams and would likely be best 22 at a bunch of them, I think it depends on his salary.

If he's on, say, $550k for the next two years, we'd probably be looking at a 3rd rounder. But I think some clubs might be interested spending a pick in the 30s if they only need to take on a $400k contract or less.

But Jordan Lewis value is probably around the mark so a mid 40s pick

Excuse the intrusion guys. This thread is nearly 50 pages long so I didn't really want to go through it all but what do you guys feel he is worth in a trade? Would a second rounder do it? Thinking we need another tall to help out Naughton progress so it wouldn't be a terrible acquisition for us.

There are rumors that Bailey Williams wants back to SA and he's shown a little without showing a lot.

Excuse the intrusion guys. This thread is nearly 50 pages long so I didn't really want to go through it all but what do you guys feel he is worth in a trade? Would a second rounder do it? Thinking we need another tall to help out Naughton progress so it wouldn't be a terrible acquisition for us.

There are rumors that Bailey Williams wants back to SA and he's shown a little without showing a lot.

Anything up to and including pick 85 should do it

Second rounder.. done!

Also thank you for helping prove my point to everyone here who is saying we'd be lucky to get a third rounder for him :p

You would hope that guys like Jenkins, Gibbs and possibly Douglas have realized they are no longer in Adelaide's plans for the next couple of years.

Second rounder and getting rid of his salary would be a big win.

Unfortunately we never trade players when we should. He should have gone a few years back when we got a big offer but instead offered him a huge contract. Even though he had a good 2018, we should of cashed in at the time and many on here were calling for it. Same goes for Lynch last year, he may play some good footy over the next year or two but he is past his best.

Is Bailey Williams getting a game in the 22 every week?

Second rounder and getting rid of his salary would be a big win.

Unfortunately we never trade players when we should. He should have gone a few years back when we got a big offer but instead offered him a huge contract. Even though he had a good 2018, we should of cashed in at the time and many on here were calling for it. Same goes for Lynch last year, he may play some good footy over the next year or two but he is past his best.

THeres a reason for that we had no one to replace either of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Betts?

Betts is still important to our forward line and opposition clubs still play a very tight lockdown on him.

He's not as prolific as previously but he deserves to be in the 22 currently.

At the end of the year I think that'll be a decision for the coaches and Eddie to make then as it's really impossible to determine how he'll be going by that point.

You would hope that guys like Jenkins, Gibbs and possibly Douglas have realized they are no longer in Adelaide's plans for the next couple of years.
Betts is still important to our forward line and opposition clubs still play a very tight lockdown on him.

He's not as prolific as previously but he deserves to be in the 22 currently.

At the end of the year I think that'll be a decision for the coaches and Eddie to make then as it's really impossible to determine how he'll be going by that point.

The next couple of years Betts is goneski

Is Bailey Williams getting a game in the 22 every week?
Not every week, when he's fit he generally plays but has found himself either trying to find fitness in the 2's or injured as of late, a pretty good prospect and had a decent season last year. We have an absolute plethora of half back flankers.

Even Tex could be on this and last years form

If you have guys like FOG, McAdam and Steigle banging down the door then the end is inevitable for Tex and Eddie. However, given both are still KEY players to our structure they stay until the end of the year. We should be replacing fringe or badly out of form senior players with young guys - which Pyke, to his credit, has largely done.

I hope we don't go full rebuild mode as I still think we are a chance and especially given I have money on the 2019 outcome. Hold tight Pykey.

If you have guys like FOG, McAdam and Steigle banging down the door then the end is inevitable for Tex and Eddie. However, given both are still KEY players to our structure they stay until the end of the year. We should be replacing fringe or badly out of form senior players with young guys - which Pyke, to his credit, has largely done.

I hope we don't go full rebuild mode as I still think we are a chance and especially given I have money on the 2019 outcome. Hold tight Pykey.

It would be a ballsy move dropping Tex and Betts but one that may need to be made after the block of the next 5 games if we don't travel well and Betts and Tex continue as they are , you would expect that youth will be played even more so for the rest of the year

This block starts today with west coast

Not every week, when he's fit he generally plays but has found himself either trying to find fitness in the 2's or injured as of late, a pretty good prospect and had a decent season last year. We have an absolute plethora of half back flankers.

Bailey was a speculative draft pick he had a freak game of over 60 posessions but actually didn't do a lot at Glenelg so I don't think they were expecting an elite talent

Could be a straight swap if the crows were interested but looking at our list I think he would be in the same boat as at your team with HBF types

Bailey was a speculative draft pick he had a freak game of over 60 posessions but actually didn't do a lot at Glenelg so I don't think they were expecting an elite talent

Could be a straight swap if the crows were interested but looking at our list I think he would be in the same boat as at your team with HBF types
Second rounder then? :p

Could have used:

Josh+Jenkins+AFL+Rd+1+Essendon+Vs+Adelaide+Yyc6PW43HCHl.jpg

Photoshop a tray of coffees onto JJ's left hand and he looks like a waiter in any Rundle St cafe/restaurant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back