Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Playing like a seagull and getting in the way.

Did you say Betts was finished or was that another numpty?
Betts will be inconsistent at his age but if they wont to win and play in finals he will be the best option if in form

My call has been if you want to develop play the youth

If you want to challenge play players that have proven ability like a 32 year old betts or a 32 year old douglas

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Betts will be inconsistent at his age but if they wont to win and play in finals he will be the best option if in form

My call has been if you want to develop play the youth

If you want to challenge play players that have proven ability like a 32 year old betts or a 32 year old douglas

You’ve said Betts has been poor, he’s 6th on the goal kickers.

Douglas has never been a good forward, we are now playing him there because he can’t cut it as a midfielder any more. There is no way he should be playing.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
You’ve said Betts has been poor, he’s 6th on the goal kickers.

Douglas has never been a good forward, we are now playing him there because he can’t cut it as a midfielder any more. There is no way he should be playing.
I said betts has had poor games and he has as has most players in the team

Stop saying douglas has no ability he has a proven ability more so than say stengle

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
I said betts has had poor games and he has as has most players in the team

Stop saying douglas has no ability he has a proven ability more so than say stengle

Do you think Douglas has the ability to play as a small forward? Why are you naming his replacements after one game?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you think Douglas has the ability to play as a small forward? Why are you naming his replacements after one game?
Yes i think he has the ability

You asked me who could replace him but i doubt they will

Lynch realistically needs to come back in when ready if its this week someone will need to make way

The only one who is playing that could drop out is douglas or greenwood

Stiffy_18

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Dropping Jenkins was the right call, bringing him back when they did was also the right call.

He's playing far better than he did at the start of the year.
I agree and I get the feeling we are doing the same thing with a number of players.

I would argue that JJ should have come in a week earlier against WCE but either way, dropping him and keeping him in SANFL has had the right effect

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree and I get the feeling we are doing the same thing with a number of players.

I would argue that JJ should have come in a week earlier against WCE but either way, dropping him and keeping him in SANFL has had the right effect
They had to give Himmelberg another week though, he had been good and dropping him after one poor game without giving him a chance to respond would have been a poor message to the squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiffy_18

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
They had to give Himmelberg another week though, he had been good and dropping him after one poor game without giving him a chance to respond would have been a poor message to the squad.
Himmelberg started splattering a couple of weeks prior and followed it up with a stinker against Brisbane. Arguably, JJ would have had a greater impact against WCE than Himmelberg and might have been a different result. Ifs, buts and candy nuts......

GROTTO

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Its often reported a player is "managed" when they are labelled as OUTS, instead of being labelled 'omitted". Which in hindsight they could have done after the Lions game.

The way we played the 2nd half against the Eagles, I dont think any forwards we have on our list would have made a difference.

SaltPeter

"I’m a professional ********ter"
Suspended
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Its often reported a player is "managed" when they are labelled as OUTS, instead of being labelled 'omitted". Which in hindsight they could have done after the Lions game.

The way we played the 2nd half against the Eagles, I dont think any forwards we have on our list would have made a difference.
"Managed" vs "Omitted" is often only semantics. Maybe they're taking a who cares approach in line with some of the coaches believing there are players who need to harden up mentally

GROTTO

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Managed" vs "Omitted" is often only semantics. Maybe they're taking a who cares approach in line with some of the coaches believing there are players who need to harden up mentally
It still is a different perception and all Clubs dont have any problems in saying if a player is omitted.

The most important issue here is as long as the player knows what is going on everything else outside of that is irrelevant.

Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Colorado Rockies.
Himmelberg started splattering a couple of weeks prior and followed it up with a stinker against Brisbane. Arguably, JJ would have had a greater impact against WCE than Himmelberg and might have been a different result. Ifs, buts and candy nuts......
Probably but I do like us giving Himmelberg a fortnight to attempt to figure **** out. Good handling I feel.

Top Bottom